Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes week 15- Browns week

Hawg, if he had one roughing penalty for 15 yards we wouldn't even be thinking about it. Keep that in mind when you reflect on the yardage he gave up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Except he gave them fifteen yards and they marched down the entire field. So, I don't think that is really true.
    It is, to a degree. Holding calls kill offensive drives because 1st & 20 is a 10% conversion prospect. 1st & 5 is probably a high conversion prospect, maybe 60-80%. There's math in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Bottom line, Von was actively losing the team points on that drive. It was weird. He gets a speeding ticket from time to time, but that drive he was really off--really pressing. What is the head coach supposed to do? Be ok with a player who looks like they need to refocus while his team loses? Even when he is your franchise? It's a delicate thing. I don't have a problem with it. I hope Von doesn't either, because he should realize he was f-ing up and everyone at some point could use a big bro to help them when they need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Okay, I'll buy that to an extent. That's a fair point.

But, the defense was also getting gashed and not putting up resistance. I think we should factor that in, too.

Again, I don't think taking your best player off the field is the right choice. Especially when you're getting killed and he's the only one who is visibly trying to make a play. But, if it was baseball, he's a high average hitting in a 0-20 slump. You keep him in the lineup. Let's not get it twisted here, Von wasn't the reason for those chunk plays. I honestly think it's a red herring - what would often be a huge issue might not have been on that drive because of the other excessive suckage.

But, that's a high degree of analysis for a coach to do in real time.

It's the calling him out that bothers me. Because, VJ isn't good enough, accomplished enough, or respected enough to do it. Do you think Von responds that way if that was Phillips or Kubiak saying those things?

In your heart of hearts?

Sleep well my lawyer friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    It is, to a degree. Holding calls kill offensive drives because 1st & 20 is a 10% conversion prospect. 1st & 5 is probably a high conversion prospect, maybe 60-80%. There's math in there somewhere, I'm sure of it.

Bottom line, Von was actively losing the team points on that drive. It was weird. He gets a speeding ticket from time to time, but that drive he was really off--really pressing. What is the head coach supposed to do? Be ok with a player who looks like they need to refocus while his team loses? Even when he is your franchise? It's a delicate thing. I don't have a problem with it. I hope Von doesn't either, because he should realize he was f-ing up and everyone at some point could use a big bro to help them when they need it.

Kinda why I miss DWare. He would of probably put Von in check.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

6. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We are trying to tank for Herbet Gem. We need to play poorly.
    God I hope not, I want nothing to do with him at all. I don't see the hype at all. To me Herbert dropped off this year and should go back to school if he hasn't declared yet.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Well, I don't think Thomas was going to take us to any more wins, but he could have been very helpful in a rebuild.
    Agreed I would have cut Langley or Booker before Shamarko Thomas lol...

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

VJ was dumb calling out Von publicly about jumping. Von is a proven pro who watched the tape and has a proven track record of what he does, and he said the right things about how he cant make those mistakes. He is 100% correct in the fact that his timing off that jump off is crucial, and he should continue to do so. He knows he pressed to get some sacks and admitted as much, he doesn't need to be questioned by a coach who doesn't know how to properly game manage him damn self. I hope they both chill the F out and focus on Cleveland because no matter how pissed off we are or they are at what's happened this season the reality is we have Cleveland on Saturday and we are still in Mix for the playoffs.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    God I hope not, I want nothing to do with him at all. I don't see the hype at all. To me Herbert dropped off this year and should go back to school if he hasn't declared yet.
    I consider myself fully on board the Bo Levi Mitchell hype train.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I consider myself fully on board the Bo Levi Mitchell hype train.
    I am a fan as well, and credit the broncos for taking a look. It means they know we aren't done at QB either and we still need a QB of the future. Hopefully he gets a futures contract or something so we can take a look next year. We need to draft our top Qb on our board next year however possible in the draft and bring in Taylor, Bridgewater, or Brisett type to make Keenum uncomfortable and have to fight for his spot. He also is better when he has to fight for his spot. He may have been to comfortable this year with out the edge and chip he should have had.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 12-13-2018 at 10:24 AM.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

12. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I am a fan as well, and credit the broncos for taking a look. It means they know we aren't done at QB either and we still need a QB of the future. Hopefully he gets a futures contract or something so we can take a look next year. We need to draft our top Qb on our board next year however possible in the draft and bring in Taylor, Bridgewater, or Brisett type to make Keenum uncomfortable and have to fight for his spot. He also is better when he has to fight for his spot. He may have been to comfortable this year with the out the edge and chip he should have had.
    Honestly, I'm glad they are exhausting options. I've been saying all year we're screwed if we're looking for a QB in this draft class, especially since we've fallen so far, but honestly, Mitchell has professional experience (albiet in a different league) and has won championships, set records and won accolades. Watching the tape on him over the last few days, he could actually be a solid replacement for Keenum. He's got good arm strength, accuracy, he's mobile, he grows a great beard! Not a lot more you could ask for.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Honestly, I'm glad they are exhausting options. I've been saying all year we're screwed if we're looking for a QB in this draft class, especially since we've fallen so far, but honestly, Mitchell has professional experience (albiet in a different league) and has won championships, set records and won accolades. Watching the tape on him over the last few days, he could actually be a solid replacement for Keenum. He's got good arm strength, accuracy, he's mobile, he grows a great beard! Not a lot more you could ask for.
    I'm intrigued by this beard. Do you have pictures?

16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm intrigued by this beard. Do you have pictures?
    My avi lol. I started a thread talking about him so we don't have to clutter up the practice notes.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Apparently he has problems with INT's?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Apparently he has problems with INT's?
    In the last 4 years he's averaging 29 TD's to 11 INT's. For his career he's 150 TD's to 59 INT's.

I don't know how often CFL QBs throw int's, that seems like a reasonable number. not what I would call a "problem" exactly.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

In the last 4 years he's averaging 29 TD's to 11 INT's. For his career he's 150 TD's to 59 INT's.

I don't know how often CFL QBs throw int's, that seems like a reasonable number. not what I would call a "problem" exactly.
    If his average year is 29 TD's and 11 Int's that is a solid number. Its a lot like Cousins this year with 24 TD's and 9 Ints. Sadly for Keenum 15 TD's and 10 Int's is not a very good number.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information