Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes week 15- Browns week

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    And when he's not hurt, he's always moaning about the haircut he took.
    And he whines about the media reporting that he is hurt if the headline isn't super kind and compassionate.

Dude is a douchebag and overrated. He fell off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    We’re doing a walkthrough today, I guess because of the Saturday game. Also, this happened:

We couldn't find some scrub to cut? Thomas has been beastly on ST.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m gonna throw this out there for VJ and Co so there can be no mistake on the off chance they read this board.

Dear Broncos Coaches,
    Cleveland has a pretty decent rookie QB and, more importantly, a pretty good tight end in Njoku. Perhaps you should cover him from the start before he runs up 100+ yards and a TD or two. I’m just saying this because last week you guys seemed flabbergasted that the 49ers even had a TE on the roster until 200 yds and a TD later you were looking up at a 20-0 deficit. Please plan appropriately. At least make an attempt to cover him. TIA.
    Yours,
    HP56

PS, if Njoku runs around uncovered the whole first half I may have to fly to Cleveland at half time to slap the taste out of your mouths... and I hate Cleveland.
    Dear Garrett Bolles,

You're about to lose your lunch money.

Best regards,
    GEM

4. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Who the heck schedules a Christmas party in Denver without consulting the Broncos schedule?
    When the Broncos never play on Saturday, you never take the time to look. Ours is Saturday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    We couldn't find some scrub to cut? Thomas has been beastly on ST.
    We are trying to tank for Herbet Gem. We need to play poorly.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    We are trying to tank for Herbet Gem. We need to play poorly.
    Well, I don't think Thomas was going to take us to any more wins, but he could have been very helpful in a rebuild.

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    How did that go over? I have the same problem, but there's no way I can tell my wife "sorry - not going"...

DVR for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What a waste of one of your precious get out of jail free cards! You know the wife keeps a running tally of these in her head - I'd go to the party this year and live to fight another day when the Broncos are competitive and have something to play for.
    I have a bail out this year, because they are allowing the kids to go, so she is taking our daughter. So, since the Broncos are playing, I was given the blessing to stay home. LoL.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What a waste of one of your precious get out of jail free cards! You know the wife keeps a running tally of these in her head - I'd go to the party this year and live to fight another day when the Broncos are competitive and have something to play for.
    Says the guy thats never been married. There is no get out of jail free card. Never ask for permission, it is better to ask for forgiveness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Sounds like Von didn’t appreciate VJs comments after the game. If he’s lost Von, this might be it for him:

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
    Von on his penalties: "Yeah, I was upset about it, but at the end of the day, if I got 97 sacks probably 80 of them came off getting a great jump. I jumped offsides but quarterbacks throw interceptions, too. It’s not like you tell them not to throw it down the field no more."

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Sounds like Von didn’t appreciate VJs comments after the game. If he’s lost Von, this might be it for him:

Von on his penalties: "Yeah, I was upset about it, but at the end of the day, if I got 97 sacks probably 80 of them came off getting a great jump. I jumped offsides but quarterbacks throw interceptions, too. It’s not like you tell them not to throw it down the field no more."
    Trouble in paradise.

Von's mad at a bad coach with no skills called him out. As he should be.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Trouble in paradise.
    He deserved to get called out. He was f-ing up big time that drive, any reasonable coach would say c'mon man. At the same time, Von is right. This should not be an issue at all. Both wanted like mad the same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He deserved to get called out. He was f-ing up big time that drive, any reasonable coach would say c'mon man. At the same time, Von is right. This should not be an issue at all. Both wanted like mad the same result.
    I think you can justify the benching, maybe, if you squint. We benched our best player on a drive that we gave up a TD. That cannot be ignored.

You don't call out your best player when the team you're coaching is getting bodied by a 2 win team with a third string QB. Von was the only player out there playing like he gave a damn. This is the same guy who went out there and played assboy for Keenum at various points in the season and acted like he wasn't playing poorly. The fact that it irritated Von, the face of the franchise, is pretty telling. Von isn't a diva.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think you can justify the benching, maybe, if you squint. We benched our best player on a drive that we gave up a TD. That cannot be ignored.

You don't call out your best player when the team you're coaching is getting bodied by a 2 win team with a third string QB. Von was the only player out there playing like he gave a damn. This is the same guy who went out there and played assboy for Keenum at various points in the season and acted like he wasn't playing poorly. The fact that it irritated Von, the face of the franchise, is pretty telling. Von isn't a diva.
    ...or the 9ers got a TD because Von gave them 1st&5 all the way down the field...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    ...or the 9ers got a TD because Von gave them 1st&5 all the way down the field...
    Except he gave them fifteen yards and they marched down the entire field. So, I don't think that is really true.

23. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information