Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs 49ers 12/09/18

Bell isn’t worth the money he’ll demand. Personally, I think he made a very stupid decision to forgo the tag.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, the price tag is a totally fair reason not to want to sign him. The whole "he's a bad teammate for sitting out the year" thing is total baloney IMO. It's a business and nearly every player is looking out for themselves first.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    While I agree that Bell isn't a need for us, the sitting out the year thing would be a complete, non-factor nothingburger in my decision making process of whether or not to sign him. Players hold out all the time. This was kinda a unique situation where he got awful advice from his agent and there was confusion over the rule of when he had to come back if at all. He's still a great player, and if we needed a running back and could afford him I'd do it without hesitation.
    But that's the biggest thing. We don't need a running back. Lindsay costs peanuts and is under that contract until 2020, we'll need to resign him in 2021 (and it'll cost a pretty penny) Royce Freeman is on a 4M 4 year rookie deal. So between our two rookies, we're paying less than $5M.

Booker needs to go, but we don't need Bell. Bell is a starting RB. Royce/Lindsay are both starting RB's and already get too few touches as is. Adding Bell just diminishes their carries further. We need someone to replace booker, but that can be found basically anywhere and at a fraction of what Bell costs.

A few players I'd like to see us target next year if they hit FA. There are several decent ILB's Deone Bucannon, CJ Mosley, Manti Te'o, Jordan Hicks as a few examples. There are some decent corners set to hit FA too if they don't resign. There are a couple of decent TE's out there (Jesse James, Jared Cook, Josh Hill, Tyler Eifert, Max Williams) And there are even a few QB's out there that might be worth taking a look at (Bridgewater, Taylor, Flacco, Carr, Manning then potential backups TS, Oz, Bortles )

Regardless, there are plenty of needs on this team more worthy of our cap dollars than RB. Bell would be a nice luxury, but this team isn't good enough to go after luxury. We need to fill some needs first.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    But that's the biggest thing. We don't need a running back. Lindsay costs peanuts and is under that contract until 2020, we'll need to resign him in 2021 (and it'll cost a pretty penny) Royce Freeman is on a 4M 4 year rookie deal. So between our two rookies, we're paying less than $5M.

Booker needs to go, but we don't need Bell. Bell is a starting RB. Royce/Lindsay are both starting RB's and already get too few touches as is. Adding Bell just diminishes their carries further. We need someone to replace booker, but that can be found basically anywhere and at a fraction of what Bell costs.

A few players I'd like to see us target next year if they hit FA. There are several decent ILB's Deone Bucannon, CJ Mosley, Manti Te'o, Jordan Hicks as a few examples. There are some decent corners set to hit FA too if they don't resign. There are a couple of decent TE's out there (Jesse James, Jared Cook, Josh Hill, Tyler Eifert, Max Williams) And there are even a few QB's out tehre that might be worth taking a look at (Bridgewater, Taylor, Flacco, Carr, Manning then potential backups TS, Oz, Bortles )

Regardless, there are plenty of needs on this team more worthy of our cap dollars than RB. Bell would be a nice luxury, but this team isn't good enough to go after luxury. We need to fill some needs first.
    That was a lot of words to agree with my stance that we don't need him. I literally said in the first line of my post that he isn't a need for us.

I was just challenging your point that the sitting out the year thing is relevant whatsoever to that decision.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That was a lot of words to agree with my stance that we don't need him. I literally said in the first line of my post that he isn't a need for us.

I was just challenging your point that the sitting out the year thing is relevant whatsoever to that decision.
    I get that, I'm just adding to my thoughts in this thread. It may be irrelevant, but I can't stand it when players do it. It ended up working out for the Steelers with Connor, but him not being there for his teammates sucks. At the same time, I guess the argument could be made, if their front office hadn't been so freaking cheap, it would be a non-issue.

I dunno, sitting/not sitting, the bottom line is we don't need him.

9. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

From some random person's couch?
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/fallout-76

User Score

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Oh man, you really got me there shane...oh such a deep blow, how will I ever go on knowing that people don't like a game I enjoy...

Oh wait, other people's thoughts on the game don't matter because I still enjoy it regardless... But nice troll shane. Your zero effort trolls are always interesting.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

signing le'veon is a non-starter-- not worth discussing. . . if we dip into free agency, another starting-caliber corner is our most pressing need-- followed by O-line and tight end, and several other positions before a front-line RB. . . he's a hell of a talent, but the juice ain't worth the squeeze. . .

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Bell would be dope.

But it would be excessive.

But it would be dope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    signing le'veon is a non-starter-- not worth discussing. . . if we dip into free agency, another starting-caliber corner is our most pressing need-- followed by O-line and tight end, and several other positions before a front-line RB. . . he's a hell of a talent, but the juice ain't worth the squeeze. . .
    There are a couple of defensive players that have the potential of hitting the market that I'd love us to look at. I know we don't need a lot of safety help, but if the honey badger doesn't resign, I'd look at him. Darqueze Dennard, Jason Verrett, Ronald Darby, Bryce Callahan and Brashaud Breeland are all players I'd probably take fliers on for corners

I really, REALLY want CJ Mosley if the Ravens don't resign him (they probably will) He'll command probably $9-10M per year, but he's the ILB we've been missing all these years, guy's a baller.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Freyaka isn’t a poor wife. Well, as far as I know.
    Damn it!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

First it's your not you're I am not a poor wife.

As for my wife, three kids later, she's never complained yet. Broncos fans would complain non-stop if we overpaid for Bell (and make no doubt, we would way over pay if he were to come here)

Running back isn't an issue we suffer through. We're towards the top of the league in rushing.

QB....Now there is a serious problem. Find me a solution for QB and I'll listen. Besides, I like people who care about their team and teammates, not selfish dudes who want to spend the whole year on the bench.
    Offense has been an issue since PFM retired and if I were you’re GM I’d give you both a QB (or three) and Bell, a RT and two G’s too ... maybe even A TE that isn’t some Big10 white stiff.

The point is, I am playing chess and your playing Tic Tac Toe.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Offense has been an issue since PFM retired and if I were you’re GM I’d give you both a QB (or three) and Bell, a RT and two G’s too ... maybe even A TE that isn’t some Big10 white stiff.

The point is, I am playing chess and your playing Tic Tac Toe.
    You’ll get all of that from the magic tree of players?

20. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The Duke of Yore is among us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Agreed. I would argue that outside our coaching staff(HC, OC, DC) the top need we have is CB opposite Harris. I want safety addressed, cause Stewart Is done to, but with a better DC parks and cravens should suffice opposite Simmons. I actually don't mind our OL, to me the issues with the OL this year are play design, followed by injuries and chemistry. I don't understand why when going against a strong DL, we decide on 5 and 7 step drops.....No OL plays good against that, they just aren't developed at tackle anymore like they used to be, so a good OC, understands this, and neutralizes the threat with a run scheme or exotic screen game, and plays to his QB strengths so the DL cant just play with wreckless abandon. Our problem is the coaching staff first and foremost, play calling on both sides of the ball is horrible and doesn't play to our players strengths at all. Heck the more I think about it the more I realize that even Keenum isn't really the issue either, he hasn't played like a 18 million dollar Qb to be clear, but there is a variety of factors besides just his play contributing to that.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information