Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes week 14 - San Francisco week

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He deserved it, earned it.
    I agree, he’s just not going to get it. I suppose there’s a chance he comes back really fast and runs a 4.4 next sprint. Somebody will give him a nice 2-3 year if that’s the case.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I agree, he’s just not going to get it. I suppose there’s a chance he comes back really fast and runs a 4.4 next sprint. Somebody will give him a nice 2-3 year if that’s the case.
    Hope it happens and hope it's the Broncos that get him. He makes football football.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

According to Booger McFarland, he’s one biscuit shy of being TE weight and can’t get separation.
    Maybe that's why media guys are naming him "the Buffet". That one biscuit - with gravy - is on its way to his mouth right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He deserved it, earned it.
    I don't disagree, but honestly, he's due $12M next season and we save $10M by cutting him. How Hamilton, Patrick and Sutton perform over the next couple weeks could determine if he's even on the roster. Sucks to say that, but with an injury like that at his age, it is unfortunately likely that we've seen his final game in orange and blue last week.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    People get hurt in football and we were thin when we traded DT because we only had a bunch of youngsters. We knew that when we made the trade. People at the time were fine with it because we thought we were out of it.

It's on the GM to look at all possibilities. I would rather have DT for the playoff push, especially now, than a fourth rounder.
    I think it's best for all involved that DT is gone. I love the dude, but I think he was part of the problem with this offense. I know you want to believe he'd be a big impact to us now, but he's not the DT he once was. He doesn't have the speed and agility he once did and he was never a strong route runner. We have a WR exactly like him on the roster named sutton. Him and Sutton lining up across from each other isn't going to benefit us, we need that strong route runner like Sanders was. That's Hamilton, not DT. Just embrace the future friend. DT hasn't been the DT you remember for about 2-3 years now and he's never going to be that again.

DT wasn’t a strong route runner? That’s a new one.

I admit he has lost a step, but he was an exceptional route runner. You can’t be Manning’s #1 target if you’re not where he expects you to be.

7. The Following 5 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

DT wasn’t a strong route runner? That’s a new one.

I admit he has lost a step, but he was an exceptional route runner. You can’t be Manning’s #1 target if you’re not where he expects you to be.
    He wasn't a good route runner, he was by no means an awful route runner, but running routes wasn't his bread and butter. He got most of his production of slant routes, screens, ect... That's not a knock on DT, it's who he was. He didn't make his money based on route running ability and saying he wasn't a strong route runner isn't saying he's always out of place, ect... He made his money based on his ability to take a short route route and make big YAC or run a go route. He burned people with speed, not an ability to quickly cut on a route and gain separation from the defender. Guys like Sanders, Stokely, Welker, Fitzgerald, they run crisp clean routes and get their separation based on their route running (though Manny also has some speed too which is nice)

I think you misunderstand me if you think that's a knock on DT, he's a different style of receiver than Sanders, that doesn't make him a lesser receiver, it's just a different playstyle.

I don’t think you’re knocking on DT. I just think you’re wrong. You’re the only person I’ve ever heard say that.

The only criticism I have ever heard about his route running was his limited route tree coming out of GT, which was the reason for the slow start his rookie year.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    People get hurt in football and we were thin when we traded DT because we only had a bunch of youngsters. We knew that when we made the trade. People at the time were fine with it because we thought we were out of it.

It's on the GM to look at all possibilities. I would rather have DT for the playoff push, especially now, than a fourth rounder.
    That's silly, having young receivers doesn't mean you're thin at receiver, inexperienced yes, but not thin. You were one of the people who was fine with it.

No kidding the GM has to look at all possibilities, and at that time Denver wasn't in a position to push for the playoffs.

It looks like you're complaining for the sake of complaining.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I think it's best for all involved that DT is gone. I love the dude, but I think he was part of the problem with this offense. I know you want to believe he'd be a big impact to us now, but he's not the DT he once was. He doesn't have the speed and agility he once did and he was never a strong route runner. We have a WR exactly like him on the roster named sutton. Him and Sutton lining up across from each other isn't going to benefit us, we need that strong route runner like Sanders was. That's Hamilton, not DT. Just embrace the future friend. DT hasn't been the DT you remember for about 2-3 years now and he's never going to be that again.
    Thomas is a strong route runner. He would have never become Manning's favorite target if didn't know how to run routes.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Thomas is a strong route runner. He would have never become Manning's favorite target if didn't know how to run routes.
    Both you fellas are missing what I'm saying. DT's game was always physical. It wasn't route technique that made him a great target, it was his physical prowess. His ability to quickly outrun defenders, to catch a short route and make defenders miss. It had nothing to do with his ability to run his routes in a way that gave him separation.

I'm not saying he didn't know how to run a route, i'm saying his route running techniques were never his strong suit, that's not his style. He's a deep threat/speed receiver. Sanders is more of a possession/slot style receiver. He doesn't have the big physical prowess that DT does (being 5'11) his strengths are running sharp, crisp routes and beating people by running the route better than the defender.

Saying DT isn't a strong route runner isn't saying he can't run a route well, it's saying that's not the style of WR he fits into. Yes, he can run routes well enough to be where he needs to be and to have proper timing, but he's not going to beat someone based on route running alone, he beats them due to size/speed.

Sanders is very much a finesse player who thrives on strong technique to get open, that's not DT and that's fine, you need both type of WR. But DT isn't the type of WR that can replace the production of Sanders, he can't do what Sanders does, Sutton and DT have the same build, Hamilton and Sanders likewise have a similar build and playstyle.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I don’t think you’re knocking on DT. I just think you’re wrong. You’re the only person I’ve ever heard say that.

The only criticism I have ever heard about his route running was his limited route tree coming out of GT, which was the reason for the slow start his rookie year.
    Exactly. He WASN'T a strong route runner when he was drafted, he sure as hell is one now.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm leaving San Fran right now. Boo. I tried to get my new boss to buy off on extending my trip through Tuesday so I could go to the game... no dice...

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I'm leaving San Fran right now. Boo. I tried to get my new boss to buy off on extending my trip through Tuesday so I could go to the game... no dice...
    You like the city?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Troy Renck @TroyRenck
    #Broncos Tramaine Brock DNP at practice. And Wolfe and Marshall were limited #Denver7

Mike Klis @MikeKlis
    Andre Holmes and Jamar Taylor are playing Sunday. Taylor will be 4th corner, per Vance Joseph. #9sports

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
    Vance Joseph said he’s assuming Tramaine Brock won’t be able to go Sunday. Hasn’t practiced the last two days because of a rib injury.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information