Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: BREAKING: Kareem Hunt another Ray Rice situation?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I have no problem holding Hunt with 100% accountability for what he did. But i also understand KCL's point in that everyone should hold themselves accountable for their own actions. If Dave wants to think that we are victim blaming than i cant change his mind but here is my take on the woman herself which is a separate issue from Hunt's own actions.

1) She was drinking/drunk while being underage. It may be normalized in society but still against the law regardless.
    2) Her out of control behavior (which includes any racial slurs directed at a minority) is totally and overwhelmingly unacceptable for any human being.

If i was her father sure, i would be really angry that some dude got physical with her in that manner but dont mistake as a father i would be all up in my daughters shit as to why she was behaving like that in the first place. If there was an issue about her phone she could have gotten security or even the police to handle the situation except she chose to engage with Hunt and company in a negative way. So yes, that onus is on her. The aftermath however is all on Kareem and the NFL and Chiefs have done the right thing because there should be penalties for actions no matter who you are.

In the end humans should treat each other with respect and that includes not degrading another human being because of their race, gender, religious beliefs, etc no matter if you are drunk or not. There are many ways this situation could have been handled from both ends of the spectrum and while the onus is put on Hunt in what he did there is no problem with pointing out that the young woman was out of line herself. She didnt deserve to get hit or kicked but that doesnt give her the ok to treat a black man like that either.
    It's not that i can't see what you are saying, my issue is that by looking at her choices and her behaviour, we are essentially introducing into the conversation the premise that if she did not that, she would not have been assaulted, therefore she was responsible for being assaulted, therefore hunt is not 100% to blame.

Now on an individual case by case basis, this may even seem logical, but on a societal level, it allows for the focus to be taken away from from the perpetrators choice to be violent when there was no need.

If it was a 19 year old dude, my stance would be the same. The Hunt thing for me, is not a gender issue. It is an assault, and an assault that happened solely because Hunt chose to respond with violence to verbal insults and what looks like annoying behaviour. He could have went back to his hotel room at anytime. He chose not to.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Where did you get those statistics? 90% of women going to the ER is caused by male violence? I have a hard time believing that.
    Actually, this time - fair enough.

Catch you later

3. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Actually, this time - fair enough.

Catch you later
    Sleep well, my prince.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

In the oysters of clarity. It was 40%. My bad

The 90% stat was those hospitalised by intimate partner violence were females

And those attending ER on more than 4 occasions for deliberate harm against them were 90% female

For every man hospitalised by a women 46 woman are hospitalised by men

Research comes from loseke, Lutz, Greenfield, Stratton or saunders. Individual papers can be found via Google. All research quoted is less than 20 years old

I have no problem holding Hunt with 100% accountability for what he did. But i also understand KCL's point in that everyone should hold themselves accountable for their own actions. If Dave wants to think that we are victim blaming than i cant change his mind but here is my take on the woman herself which is a separate issue from Hunt's own actions.

1) She was drinking/drunk while being underage. It may be normalized in society but still against the law regardless.
    2) Her out of control behavior (which includes any racial slurs directed at a minority) is totally and overwhelmingly unacceptable for any human being.

If i was her father sure, i would be really angry that some dude got physical with her in that manner but dont mistake as a father i would be all up in my daughters shit as to why she was behaving like that in the first place. If there was an issue about her phone she could have gotten security or even the police to handle the situation except she chose to engage with Hunt and company in a negative way. So yes, that onus is on her. The aftermath however is all on Kareem and the NFL and Chiefs have done the right thing because there should be penalties for actions no matter who you are.

In the end humans should treat each other with respect and that includes not degrading another human being because of their race, gender, religious beliefs, etc no matter if you are drunk or not. There are many ways this situation could have been handled from both ends of the spectrum and while the onus is put on Hunt in what he did there is no problem with pointing out that the young woman was out of line herself. She didnt deserve to get hit or kicked but that doesnt give her the ok to treat a black man like that either.
    I agree here with you North and while yeah he acted extremely out of line IMO they all carried all like a bunch of immature idiots. My husband and I were discussing this and he said his friends should have drug his ass back in the room and her friends should have gotten her out of there as well and instead of using her phone to film she should have been using it to call the police.

I work for the PD in the city I live in and I won't go in to detail about what I do there because no one cares and it has nothing to do with this anyway but it was handled poorly and I would hope that all involved learned something from all this.

As far as the gal involved yes she was an assault victim but as far as I know she didn't have any major injuries or had to go to the hospital and that is good. We all have our opinions on the matter. There is no right or wrong in opinions.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

They aint messing around anymore, you act like this you lose everything.

http://dailysnark.com/ea-sports-has-...JLjuWBompAyvEo

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    I agree here with you North and while yeah he acted extremely out of line IMO they all carried all like a bunch of immature idiots. My husband and I were discussing this and he said his friends should have drug his ass back in the room and her friends should have gotten her out of there as well and instead of using her phone to film she should have been using it to call the police.

I work for the PD in the city I live in and I won't go in to detail about what I do there because no one cares and it has nothing to do with this anyway but it was handled poorly and I would hope that all involved learned something from all this.

As far as the gal involved yes she was an assault victim but as far as I know she didn't have any major injuries or had to go to the hospital and that is good. We all have our opinions on the matter. There is no right or wrong in opinions.
    It looked to me that his friends were trying to drag him in the room, 1 of whom got injured for his efforts, but he was so determined to go after the instigating women that they would've had to put a beat down on him to make it happen. As far as her friend, her effort was so halfhearted that I believe your husband’s criticism is 100% accurate.

I decided to rework the lyrics of a famous Michal Jackson song so the 1st verse applies 100% to this situation, & the 2nd is advice to just about every celebrity whenever they go out in public. I followed it up with a music video with the original lyrics instead of the original video with visual interpretation instead.

Beat It!

She told him things that he shouldn’t have to hear
    Doesn’t need to show his face, he should just disappear
    Booze on in her breath, and her state is really clear
    So beat it, just beat it

You better leave, you better do what you can
    You don't need to respond, don't be a macho man
    Don’t want to take guff, better do what you can
    So beat it, but she’s making you mad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
    You'll regret it if you lose it.
    You'll ruin your future, 'cause you don't need to fight
    It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
    Just beat it, beat it
    Just beat it, beat it
    Just beat it, beat it
    Just beat it, beat it

They're out to get you, better leave while you can
    Don't want to be a boy, you want to be a man
    You need to save your rep’, better do what you can
    So beat it, just beat it

You want to show them that you will not back down
    They’re after your money, they’ll trash you around town
    They'll bait you ‘til they provoke you,
    Then they say their go’en sue
    So beat it, but they’re making you mad

Just beat it, beat it, beat it, beat it
    You'll regret it if you lose it.
    You'll ruin your future, 'cause you don't need to fight
    It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
    (repeat 5 more times)

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default BREAKING: Kareem Hunt another Ray Rice situation?

Now that this has been trivialized down to the level of song lyrics, little is left to be said. Both parties behaved poorly but only one is receiving any punishment, albeit belatedly.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

They aint messing around anymore, you act like this you lose everything.

http://dailysnark.com/ea-sports-has-...JLjuWBompAyvEo
    Here is a guy who isn't going anywhere for awhile.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...empted-murder/

13. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Now that this has been trivialized down to the level of song lyrics, little is left to be said. Both parties behaved poorly but only one is receiving any punishment, albeit belatedly.
    One had much more to lose and was more in the wrong of the two so it makes sense.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

KCL

Hoof be like: she made me get mad and I hit her so she should go to jail too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Why would the girl be in trouble? He forcefully shoved her, came at her again and she pushed back at him. Then he kicked her while she was down.

Sorry, but that's some straight neanderthal thinking. She should have just sat there and let him? My ex shoved me like that once, I socked him in the face and ran like hell.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's not an excuse to rape but it can be relevant. Several years ago, near Galveston, TX, a group of males were having a party at the beach. A jeep comes by with a topless woman who is flaunting her naked breasts at them while apparently drunk. The men approach the jeep and begin talking to the girl. Before long, one of the men is on top of her having sex while his buds whip out their phones and record the event. The woman does not appear to resist or say "stop". None of her friends in the jeep take any evasive action. When the woman sobers up, she goes to the police claiming rape and the cell phone vids are taken into evidence. The dude that had sex with her was convicted and sits in prison.

Did the guy intend to commit a rape? If she doesn't drive up to their party and flash herself, does this episode even happen? So why does she receive no punishment but his ass sits in jail? Why is she allowed to pose as an innocent bystander when her behavior was at least half the reason the incident took place?

Back to Hunt, why did the two girls follow the men (whom they admit not to know) back to their hotel rooms? To most men (not all and not me), this is a tacit unspoken agreement for sex. If they weren't interested, they should not have followed the men back to their rooms. Was it justification for shoving and kicking them? No. But, again, shouldn't they know what they are leading up to when they agree to follow the men back to their rooms? It goes back to my point about society allowing women to be responsibility-free as long as children aren't affected.
    Cause males have no control over themselves. They see boobs and someone flirting and it's an automatic invitation to stick their dicks somewhere. Holy shit. Caveman thinking.

He sits in prison, because that is ******* rape!

If I go into a bar and a guy is standing there and I grab his balls and rub him down, it's still sexual assault. If I use the excuse he's in a bar, he must be looking, I could still go to jail.

I don't care if she's going streaking, if they walked up and she was inebriated, she doesn't have the capacity to give consent. FFS, it's not our responsibility to control your libido. ******* do that yourself!

Going to someone's room is consent to sex? WTF! My ******* head hurts at the ******* stupidity here.

No responsibility? If I'm sticking my finger in your chest or your face, call the ******* police and charge me. Don't ******* punch me in the face. It's called control. Just like you're saying she should be controlled or have responsibility, so should he. ******* walk away, run away, call the police and let them deal with it. Your responsibility is to get out of the situation and let the charges fall where they may.
    Last edited by GEM; 12-05-2018 at 05:23 PM.

21. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Now you gone and done it Hoof. Angry Gem is hulking out.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

North, you'll need to explain this to GEM again. These are not my rules but if you dress like a slut and follow football players back to their rooms, the men think that's an invitation to sex and often they're right. Again, those aren't my rules but if you're going to hang with jocks, those are their rules. Why do you think women gather around the exit of every locker room in the NBA and the NFL?

I don't excuse Hunt's role but he's getting his punishment. The girl? Nothing but a couple of bruises.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information