Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So, it will be between Saquon Barkley and Philip Lindsay

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Default So, it will be between Saquon Barkley and Philip Lindsay

Lindsay is currently 49 yards behind Barkley. If Lindsay stays healthy, I like his chances.

Bengals have the worst defense in the league.
    49ers
    Raiders

All on the schedule. Of course going against the NY media hype....

Right now the ROY is between those two. As far as I can see.

Kubes is still the RB whisperer. I'm happy about that.

3. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post

Lindsay is currently 49 yards behind Barkley. If Lindsay stays healthy, I like his chances.

49ers
    Raiders

Baker Mayfield and QB bias would like a word.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Media hype doesn't have a lot to do with Barkley getting the recognition he deserves. Even though Lindsay has been awesome for us, Barkley has been even better. Consider the rushing stats a wash (still in Barkley's favor), Barkley has caught 71 passes for nearly 600 yards and 4 TD's. Lindsay has been underutilized in the passing game, and his numbers are well behind Barkley ther (24 catches, 187 yards, and 1 TD).

As good as Lindsay has been, he'd have to have a pretty incredible 5 game stretch to catch up to Barkley's numbers.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

6. The Following 7 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Our under usage of Lindsay in the passing game should be a crime.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Our under usage of Lindsay in the passing game should be a crime.
    You could remove “Lindsay in” and it still applies. The fact is we just don’t throw the ball much. It’s a good thing we’re good at running the ball.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Phillip Lindsay Is Proving Again That NFL Teams Can Wait on RBs on Draft Day

Back on April 26, the New York Giants raised eyebrows around the NFL by doing something that no team had done since 2006: They drafted a running back second overall (Saquon Barkley).

Barkley is still garnering attention months later, only now it happens every time he peels off a long run or takes a reception to the house. Barkley has already piled up over 1,400 yards from scrimmage and scored 12 touchdowns. He's averaging a robust 4.8 yards per carry.

By every indication, he's the real deal.

However, just over 1,700 miles to the west, another hard-charging first-year runner is also making a name for himself. And as Phillip Lindsay of the Denver Broncos closes in on 1,000 yards from scrimmage and a piece of NFL history, he's proving once again that for NFL teams, draft-day patience can be the greatest virtue of all in the backfield.
    rest - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...s-on-draft-day

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    You could remove “Lindsay in” and it still applies. The fact is we just don’t throw the ball much. It’s a good thing we’re good at running the ball.
    I don't even know that we HAVE to pass more, just run more formations where he is part of the passing scheme.

Do some no huddle 2 TE two WR single back formations where you let him carry, send him on some screens, have him run routes, line him up in multiple positions, give him the damn ball!

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

I don't even know that we HAVE to pass more, just run more formations where he is part of the passing scheme.

Do some no huddle 2 TE two WR single back formations where you let him carry, send him on some screens, have him run routes, line him up in multiple positions, give him the damn ball!

The 2 TE formation is my favorite right now. It is king in the NFL. I am surprised it is not run all the time. With the way offenses play and the the rules. I would run almost exclusively the 12 formation. We would be so good with it....(if we had 2 te that are healthy and a QB)
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

That sounds good, but he’s already getting 20 touches a game between carries and catches. I think that is the max of what he should be getting. He’s only 190 and Barkley is 235.

There’s a reason Sproles has been effective for so long. I’m sure some of the Saints fans often screamed for him to get more touches, but Sean made the right decisions.

17. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

The difference there....it was expected of Barkley, Lindsay wasn't even drafted. Makes what he's doing a million times more impressive!

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    Media hype doesn't have a lot to do with Barkley getting the recognition he deserves. Even though Lindsay has been awesome for us, Barkley has been even better. Consider the rushing stats a wash (still in Barkley's favor), Barkley has caught 71 passes for nearly 600 yards and 4 TD's. Lindsay has been underutilized in the passing game, and his numbers are well behind Barkley ther (24 catches, 187 yards, and 1 TD).

As good as Lindsay has been, he'd have to have a pretty incredible 5 game stretch to catch up to Barkley's numbers.
    49 yrds is hard to catch up to? Really? If the Broncos gave him a few more carries, he could do that easily. Lindsay has done more with less touches.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Meh, Barkley also doesnt have Case Keenum playing with him. Eli may not be a HOF but he is better than Keenum by miles. However, the mere fact that Lindsey is even in the discussion vs Barkely is a testament to just how good Lindsey really is and it would be a hell of a story for him to beat out Barkley.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Meh, Barkley also doesnt have Case Keenum playing with him. Eli may not be a HOF but he is better than Keenum by miles. However, the mere fact that Lindsey is even in the discussion vs Barkely is a testament to just how good Lindsey really is and it would be a hell of a story for him to beat out Barkley.
    Would you just....shut up....for a week about Keenum?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post

49ers
    Raiders

Barkley has a lot of receiving yards though. The total yards is where the gap widens.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information