Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Broncos and 1pm starts

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Broncos are favored by -4.5 and Broncos offense is getting better. QB Keenum rhymes with them.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    I am not sure the last time they won in that time slot and it seems like it makes no difference who they play. Their most embarrassing performance in a while against a bad Jets team at 1 o clock this year. They almost always lose to the Ravens as we know.

I get it. Winning on the road is hard, but when is the last time the Broncos won in that time slot?
    Denver beat the Bengals in Cincinnati two years ago. The very next week the Broncos played at Tampa Bay, I don't remember for sure but I think it too was an early game, which Denver also won.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Denver has historically struggled at Miami going 1-8 all time, with the only win coming in 2011 in a god awful game. That probably skews our opinion a little, but those games are few and far between, and it’s hard to tell if those were all early games. That goes back to 1966, fwiw.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Last time Broncos lost back to back to the Bengals was ‘75 & ‘76
    We beat them in 2015 when McManus hit the game winner in OT, then beat them again in 2016 when Siemian threw 4 TDs (1 PM game which is the theme of this thread lol). Did you mean back to back in Cinci? (2015 was in Denver)

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    We beat them in 2015 when McManus hit the game winner in OT, then beat them again in 2016 when Siemian threw 4 TDs (1 PM game which is the theme of this thread lol). Did you mean back to back in Cinci? (2015 was in Denver)
    Here decipher for yourself. Regardless of time starts...Broncos haven’t lost twice in a row to Cincy.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl...mvsteam?opp=10

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Denver has historically struggled at Miami going 1-8 all time, with the only win coming in 2011 in a god awful game. That probably skews our opinion a little, but those games are few and far between, and it’s hard to tell if those were all early games. That goes back to 1966, fwiw.
    Plus lots of 11:00 AM (1:00 PM) games in KC, which is always the house of horrors. Looking over the results there really isn't much difference in the winning % based on start time, so it's all just perception.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Here decipher for yourself. Regardless of time starts...Broncos haven’t lost twice in a row to Cincy.

https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl...mvsteam?opp=10
    Sorry, read your post wrong, I thought you said the last time Broncos beat the Bengals twice in row, nevermind me, go about your day lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Plus lots of 11:00 AM (1:00 PM) games in KC, which is always the house of horrors. Looking over the results there really isn't much difference in the winning % based on start time, so it's all just perception.
    The start time doesn't worry me so much as the fact that we're coming off two big wins into a game we should definitely win and against a QB with basically no tape on him. Classic letdown scenario. I still don't fully trust this coaching staff to have them up for a game like this. If we win this one I'll start to believe.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The start time doesn't worry me so much as the fact that we're coming off two big wins into a game we should definitely win and against a QB with basically no tape on him. Classic letdown scenario. I still don't fully trust this coaching staff to have them up for a game like this. If we win this one I'll start to believe.
    Yep, that should be what this thread is a about and not the start time. If we lose it'll be because of the reasons you listed.

12. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Its the 11am time slot you dirty heathens. This team runs on mountain time.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Mike Hawk is a terrific contributor.
    Mike Hawk is better.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information