Right now, I'm using a computer at the training center that I got my peer support certification at. While waiting for my appointment with my job coach, I was offered the use of one of their computers they have set up for those who want to do job searches. Yes, they said I can visit this site as long as no one is wanting to use it for a job search. After I was logged on, I immediately noticed that there were at least a dozen Word documents on the desktop, some of which were resumes. If I was a criminal, I'd have a treasure trove of personal info right in front of me. That's not to mention that there's a 2nd computer in this unattended room that I could log into in order to get more.

I immediately informed a staff member about this & she told me that they tell everybody not to save anything on these computers, but they do it anyways. I suggested to her that they should check each night for people having saved such documents each night when powering down the computers, but I'm sure there has to be a way to block any unauthorized saving onto a hard drive in order to prevent this from happening in the 1st place.