Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I believe that only 3 teams actually stand in our way of drafting the #1 QB in the 2019 draft

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default I believe that only 3 teams actually stand in our way of drafting the #1 QB in the 2019 draft

A number of fans here want Denver to lose this season in order to improve our draft position in order to get the top QB out of college. Who that QB is, & whether or not getting him will actually work out, is being debate in probably 2 dozen threads already, and probably dozens more prior to the draft. The purpose of this thread is for me provide a detailed analysis that will show that all we may need to do to get that 1st QB is out maneuver the Buccaneers, Bengals & Redskins. After the following link that shows the current standings, I’m going to break up into categories based on their probable desire to trade their pick &/or pass on taking a QB with that pick, as well as their probable need to get a QB. I’ll include their current league ranking in parenthesis as of November 19th.

https://www.nfl.com/standings/league/2018/REG

Teams that got their picks last year
    As well all know, 4 of the top 10 picks last draft were QBs, so I’m sure all of would agree that its extremely unlikely that any of these teams would give up on 1 of them after just their rookie season.
    (9) Browns
    (8) Bills
    (4) Jets
    (2) Cardinals

Teams that are currently ahead of us in draft positioning, but are probably set at the QB position, for now
    (11) Lions
    (10) Eagles
    (7) Jaguars

The teams that are currently ahead of us that I view as wildcards that I believe could blow-up my assessments
    (5) Giants: Are they still in denial that Eli is done being a QB that can still lead them to the promise land?

(2) Raiders: According to the game commentators this past Sunday, Carr seems to think that he’s still part of the Raiders long term plans & that all of these pick their amassing are to get him the supporting cast he’ll need to lead them to the promise land.

(1) 49ers: Garoppolo definitely appears to be their QB of the future, but his season ending injury could provide grounds for someone in their FO to over react & bailout on him already. I’m not saying I actually believe this is even feasible, only that it should be acknowledge for the sake of argument.

Teams that I believe might make a play to climb high enough to get the 1st QB
    (23) Redskins: When I was 1st thinking about doing this assessment, there was only 2 teams in this category, then Smith suffered what may prove to be a career ending injury.

(20) Bengals: Call me crazy, but I can’t help but wonder if they’re ready to give up on Dalton, or at the very least draft a “Cutler” in order to push their “Plummer” step up or get ship out.

(6) Buccaneers: Currently 8 picks ahead of us. If they get wind that we’re trying jump a head of them, will they counter in order to stay ahead of us? How many would be happy if we got the 2nd best QB.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Nyg are definitively getting a QB but I could also see Carr being dealt too. Nyg a possible landing spot
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Is it worth wasting a first rounder on this years QB class though? Honest question, I pay zero attention to college football or the draft until the day after we draft when I watch highlight videos.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Is it worth wasting a first rounder on this years QB class though? Honest question, I pay zero attention to college football or the draft until the day after we draft when I watch highlight videos.
    Not really, especially if Herbert (Oregon) doesn’t declare. Drew Lock (Missouri) is the name you’ll probably hear along with the kid at NC State. I can’t think of his name at the moment.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Send our first for carr

Cincinnati is in love with Dalton from now until the end of that contract...in which case he can be resigned for cheaper...so they love him.

They love him.

Washington is definitely going to look for a QB.

Oakland...I know reports are that Gruden doesn't want Carr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Send our first for carr
    Yes

9. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Not really, especially if Herbert (Oregon) doesn’t declare. Drew Lock (Missouri) is the name you’ll probably hear along with the kid at NC State. I can’t think of his name at the moment.
    Finley, and he’s not a 1st round pick.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Btw, in addition to three teams standing in the way there’s also Gary Kubiak, who is to QB’s what Shanatan was to RB’s.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Daniel Jones has probably already played himself into the 2nd round, should he come out, meaning he’s a 1st round pick.

Will Grier is another one playing into the 1st round, I know nothing about him other than the godawful system he plays in. Meaning the Broncos will have to be more patient with him than they were with PL.

These players won’t be needing the draft process to move up the board, their play is earning that.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    As of now no, but its way early and the draft board tends to change a lot from here until draft day. But i will still maintain that the higher the draft pick for Denver the better the prospect which means Denver can still take the BPA and not have to worry about QB in THIS draft. They can still work FA and/or trade for one if they choose to go that route.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I completely disagree Northsir

.The Broncos have to worry about AT LEAST two QB’s in this draft, regardless of draft position, three if they’re smart.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos went from the 8th pick to the 13th pick with that win, ya!

8-8 is so fulfilling.

#GetUsedToIt
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I completely disagree Northsir

.The Broncos have to worry about AT LEAST two QB’s in this draft, regardless of draft position, three if they’re smart.
    Em, not so much in the first round. I can see them biting on a guy like Browning the 2nd or later but if they take a Olineman or LB in the top 10 i wont be hurt about it. For me they missed out on taking a QB this past year when the pool was much deeper. Simply reaching on a QB isnt the answer this year. IMO

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Finley, and he’s not a 1st round pick.
    He’ll get pushed into the first because of the position, though, so he will be a first rounder...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information