Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rapoport: Kubiak could be back as an OC next year

Default Rapoport: Kubiak could be back as an OC next year

Sources say that several potential head-coaching candidates view Kubiak as a viable possibility for an offensive coordinator post, an opportunity the Broncos do believe he'll consider.

Kubiak has served for the last two years as a senior personnel adviser with the Broncos, and sources say the team has nothing but respect for the job Kubiak has done for the organization.

They understand this development and believe this is something Kubiak will ponder.
    https://amp.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...mpression=true

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I hope it's here. Kubiak has a history of doing a stand-up job with limited resources. The last full-time gig Kubiak had as OC in Baltimore, he got a career year out of Justin Forsett and Joe Flacco.

Of course, for Kubiak to be OC, the Broncos would have to hire a strong HC that wouldn't be threatened by Kubiak's relationship with Elway. This basically would leave Harbaugh or Shanahan who have prior working relationships with Kubiak. Otherwise, he's going to be an OC somewhere else next year.

3. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

He can do it here. Asst HC/OC.

I hope he doesnt go anywhere. Too much change may not be a good thing with the overhaul thats coming.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

I don't know, I can't see it being here for some reason. It would be seen as a step down after he was HC. Plus, if we bring in a young, offensive minded HC like I'm hoping, the Kubiak scheme probably wouldn't mesh with that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

No. Please no. We need young dynamic motivated coaching with cutting edge schemes and plays. Love me some Kubes but that ship has sailed, been repaired, sailed again, rusted out and should now sit in a harbor and used as a museum.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

I am so tired of us trying to lean on the past. If he's our OC it just shows we can't move on. If JFE is going to install him as OC and leave the HC without a say on that, but not do that with Phillips then I don't know how else to respond other than to say what the ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    No. Please no. We need young dynamic motivated coaching with cutting edge schemes and plays. Love me some Kubes but that ship has sailed, been repaired, sailed again, rusted out and should now sit in a harbor and used as a museum.
    I keep hearing the terms "young" and "dynamic" thrown around. The most electric offense in the NFL right now is the New Orleans Saints, and Pete Carmichael is 47. Matt Nagy, age 40, left the Chiefs for the Bears. Eric Bieniemy, age 49, took over as Andy Reid's OC. I don't care about "young" or "dynamic," I just want good. Adam Gase was young and dynamic, but he's not coming back.

Kubiak has a proven track record of running good offenses, and he did a phenomenal job when he was in Baltimore. The relationship with Elway (and holdover coaches/players in the locker room) makes it near impossible for him to stay here though, because it would undermine almost any coach.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I keep hearing the terms "young" and "dynamic" thrown around. The most electric offense in the NFL right now is the New Orleans Saints, and Pete Carmichael is 47. Matt Nagy, age 40, left the Chiefs for the Bears. Eric Bieniemy, age 49, took over as Andy Reid's OC. I don't care about "young" or "dynamic," I just want good. Adam Gase was young and dynamic, but he's not coming back.

Kubiak has a proven track record of running good offenses, and he did a phenomenal job when he was in Baltimore. The relationship with Elway (and holdover coaches/players in the locker room) makes it near impossible for him to stay here though, because it would undermine almost any coach.
    Agreed. Vance Joseph and Joe Woods were supposed to be young and dynamic too.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

On the Fan this morning, they said if Kubes would be the OC, Mike Shanahan would be the ideal HC, and they get along very well.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

15. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

IF reports are correct about Harbaugh leaving Baltimore I think we'll see a Harbaugh HC and Kubiak as OC here in Denver.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Agreed. Vance Joseph and Joe Woods were supposed to be young and dynamic too.
    I don't recall hearing that about either.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    On the Fan this morning, they said if Kubes would be the OC, Mike Shanahan would be the ideal HC, and they get along very well.
    This sounds like a Gruden-level disaster waiting to happen.

Let's leave their legacies alone and go somewhere new.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 8 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

The reason I’ve felt this came about is because Elway and the Broncos didn’t want to lose Joe Woods. Woods is a rising star in NFL coaching circles, had success where ever he’s been and he coached the No Fly Zone the last two years. Denver doesn’t want to lose Woods.
    from - https://www.milehighreport.com/2017/...th-the-broncos

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This sounds like a Gruden-level disaster waiting to happen.

Let's leave their legacies alone and go somewhere new.
    Shanahan won't have as hefty a price tag this time around, and might be an easier sell on the Bowlen Trust. Harbaugh is going to command around $6-7 million a year, something that the Bowlen estate might not want to pay. I don't expect this to be a huge factor, but it is something to consider.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Shanahan won't have as hefty a price tag this time around, and might be an easier sell on the Bowlen Trust. Harbaugh is going to command around $6-7 million a year, something that the Bowlen estate might not want to pay. I don't expect this to be a huge factor, but it is something to consider.
    Why would Shanahan come at a discount? Gruden just got $10 million a year, and Shanahan has way more success than Gruden on his resume.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information