Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Chargers 11/18/18

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    So, one note. Had he challenged the 2pt conversion and lost we didn't have won the game. We would've run out of time. I can't fault him for not wanting to risk a timeout when you're behind in the 4th quarter and your folks upstairs are saying they don't have a clear view.
    Just to be clear, the 2 pt conversion attempt was in the 3rd quarter.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Just to be clear, the 2 pt conversion attempt was in the 3rd quarter.
    Understood, I said 4th quarter but the point stands. He was advised there was no clear view. Had he lost a challenge we would've lost a timeout and would not have had that timeout we needed to win.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The fact that it IS an issue of discussion (and not just on this board) would seem to cut against the league's proclamation that it is a settled issue with a clear ruling that things would not have changed. Personally, I get a bit annoyed when the league comments on calls or non-calls after the fact because it changes nothing. Maybe it's not really the "league" commenting but "sources", however I still don't care for it.
    I have no problem at all with your opinion--hell, I didn't even see the play live. I'm not too sure about him and his tactical acumen. But I like the kind of awareness he's trying to portray. It's grasping at straws a bit, but he's our guy, so I'm going to be a good fan about it. I think he might stick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Understood, I said 4th quarter but the point stands. He was advised there was no clear view. Had he lost a challenge we would've lost a timeout and would not have had that timeout we needed to win.
    He “said” he was advised there was no clear view. We really have no idea what actually was being said/discussed/told at the time. All we do know is that there was no challenge.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

He “said” he was advised there was no clear view. We really have no idea what actually was being said/discussed/told at the time. All we do know is that there was no challenge.
    Watch the film though, he had the flag in his hand, was clearly talking to someone on the headset, and was visibly upset by what they told him as he put the flag away.

I'm all about bashing VJ, but I'll also admit when I was wrong about bashing a call. I was wrong to initially bash that call, in the grand scheme of things he did the right thing.

If we fail to give credit when due we're just an angry mob, kind of like the Tebow fans but in reverse. They refused to see short-comings, we refuse to see anything but.

Watch the film though, he had the flag in his hand, was clearly talking to someone on the headset, and was visibly upset by what they told him as he put the flag away.

I'm all about bashing VJ, but I'll also admit when I was wrong about bashing a call. I was wrong to initially bash that call, in the grand scheme of things he did the right thing.

If we fail to give credit when due we're just an angry mob, kind of like the Tebow fans but in reverse. They refused to see short-comings, we refuse to see anything but.
    Watch the film though? The film tells you only that there was a discussion, he had the flag in his hand, and it wasn’t thrown. The only info about the discussion is what radio said way after the fact. The film also shows that Case, arguably, got the nose of the ball past the plane of the endzone. It’s worth the discussion, and you can give credit, and I can criticize, but neither of us will ever know what actually went down.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Watch the film though? The film tells you only that there was a discussion, he had the flag in his hand, and it wasn’t thrown. The only info about the discussion is what radio said way after the fact. The film also shows that Case, arguably, got the nose of the ball past the plane of the endzone. It’s worth the discussion, and you can give credit, and I can criticize, but neither of us will ever know what actually went down.
    So, when you see that discussion unfold... what do you THINK was said? Do you honestly believe with seeing VJ's body language and clear aggravation that HE was the one resistant to challenging that play?

Further, had we lost the challenge (likely as even you just said "arguably" not "obviously") make the argument for losing that timeout knowing we needed it to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I know it’s popular to pile on the offensive line, but I noticed 2 positives in the stat line.

1 zero sacks
    2 zero tfl
    I will repost this, and dare I say their game plan against the Chargers front 7 worked?

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

So, when you see that discussion unfold... what do you THINK was said? Do you honestly believe with seeing VJ's body language and clear aggravation that HE was the one resistant to challenging that play?

Further, had we lost the challenge (likely as even you just said "arguably" not "obviously") make the argument for losing that timeout knowing we needed it to win.
    As I said upthread, it’s just as likely they were trying to figure out if it could be challenged or was an official’s review.

Also “possibly” not “likely”.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

As I said upthread, it’s just as likely they were trying to figure out if it could be challenged or was an official’s review.

Also “possibly” not “likely”.
    Doubtful.

And "likely" as the call was already not in favor therefore the must be irrefutable evidence, "arguably" doesn't cut it.

I

I think beating this horse won’t make it any deader.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information