Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    **** You Keenum!
    Love?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I was so pissed at VJ in this game. He almost cost us the game again. Going for it on 4th down cost us 3 points and not challenging the 2 point conversion cost another 2. That is 5 points off the board from poor coaching. The list is so long on bone head mistakes its unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I was so pissed at VJ in this game. He almost cost us the game again. Going for it on 4th down cost us 3 points and not challenging the 2 point conversion cost another 2. That is 5 points off the board from poor coaching. The list is so long on bone head mistakes its unreal.
    I'd rather a coach with the balls to go for it than a chicken like fox who plays to tie. Did you complain when he went for it on a fake punt and resulted in a TD? Would you have complained if he'd have gotten the 4th and gotten 7 points instead of settling for 3?

It's easy to second guess him, but for all his incompetencies, this wasn't one of them. When you are facing a high powered offense, settling for points won't work, you need TD's not field goals. Go for the throat.

As for the challenge. He's caught a TON of flack for challenging things when he shouldn't from the media and fans and I have zero doubt that Elway has told him "you need to listen to the booth" He had that challenge flag out ready to throw it, the booth told him no. You could see how pissed he was that he couldn't throw the flag.

The guy has a lot of flaws as a coach he deserves criticism for, these two are not valid IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'd rather a coach with the balls to go for it than a chicken like fox who plays to tie. Did you complain when he went for it on a fake punt and resulted in a TD? Would you have complained if he'd have gotten the 4th and gotten 7 points instead of settling for 3?

It's easy to second guess him, but for all his incompetencies, this wasn't one of them. When you are facing a high powered offense, settling for points won't work, you need TD's not field goals. Go for the throat.

As for the challenge. He's caught a TON of flack for challenging things when he shouldn't from the media and fans and I have zero doubt that Elway has told him "you need to listen to the booth" He had that challenge flag out ready to throw it, the booth told him no. You could see how pissed he was that he couldn't throw the flag.

The guy has a lot of flaws as a coach he deserves criticism for, these two are not valid IMO.
    I agree with the first one - I have no problem being aggressive there. Running three straight times and not getting three yards is on Musgrave and the players, IMO.

Disagree on the challenge though. I watched this again last night. Before they even go to commercial, they have a pretty definitive view that Keenum made it. Not sure why the booth didn’t tell him to challenge it (so not all on him) but two points there were huge and worth a risk even if he truly wasn’t sure

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I agree with the first one - I have no problem being aggressive there. Running three straight times and not getting three yards is on Musgrave and the players, IMO.

Disagree on the challenge though. I watched this again last night. Before they even go to commercial, they have a pretty definitive view that Keenum made it. Not sure why the booth didn’t tell him to challenge it (so not all on him) but two points there were huge and worth a risk even if he truly wasn’t sure
    That's on the booth for telling him no. And we also can't assume that because the broadcast booth has that view, that our review booth has it too. We don't know which views were available to them.

Bottom line, he wanted to challenge it and he was told not to (this was confirmed in interviews after as well) So if it was definitive, that's on the booth for telling him no. My gut is VJ's on a very short leash and has strict instructions to follow what the booth asks for right now (which obviously is speculation on my part, but it's not a huge leap to assume something like that given past history with challenges)

You have no idea what the booth actually told him. What Radio said later at a presser is not relevant. It's just as likely that they were confused about whether it was an official's review or if it was subject to challenge. Heck even the broadcast official got it wrong first. Also, your suppositions about Elway putting him on a short lease for challenges is pretty lame.

Fact is, he should have challenged and didn't, and it likely had a direct impact on the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    You have no idea what the booth actually told him. What Radio said later at a presser is not relevant. It's just as likely that they were confused about whether it was an official's review or if it was subject to challenge. Heck even the broadcast official got it wrong first. Also, your suppositions about Elway putting him on a short lease for challenges is pretty lame.

Fact is, he should have challenged and didn't, and it likely had a direct impact on the game.
    League told the team the call would have stood.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Which you would think would end discussion on it, but somehow I suspect, that won't stop anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    To add a source to this and put this train of thought to bed once and for all.

NFL officiating boss Al Riveron informed Broncos the league would NOT have overturned ruling on field that Broncos' 2-pt try was no good, per league source. Not enough evidence to overturn. Vance Joseph made right call by not challenging, saving key TO needed for win. #9sports

— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) November 21, 2018
    League explanation confirming Joseph decision not to challenge 2-pt try makes sense. There has to be "clear and obvious visual evidence" for a reversal and there was not. Football analytics director Mitch Tanney can sleep easy. #9sports

— Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) November 21, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    To add a source to this and put this train of thought to bed once and for all.
    The fact that it IS an issue of discussion (and not just on this board) would seem to cut against the league's proclamation that it is a settled issue with a clear ruling that things would not have changed. Personally, I get a bit annoyed when the league comments on calls or non-calls after the fact because it changes nothing. Maybe it's not really the "league" commenting but "sources", however I still don't care for it.

It’s also unlikely the league would come out and say they were wrong, particularly with this being a moot point after the fact. Steratore said in real time he thought it would be overturned. Though Riverron screwing it up during the game is not out of the question

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I don't care about the 2 Point conversion, as they called it no good I didn't think they would overturn it because that is how it usually works. What I want is an explanation of the Offensive PI and also why a penalty was called on Chris Harris Jr. when he had his head ripped off.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I don't care about the 2 Point conversion, as they called it no good I didn't think they would overturn it because that is how it usually works. What I want is an explanation of the Offensive PI and also why a penalty was called on Chris Harris Jr. when he had his head ripped off.
    That OPI was so ridiculous. Like, I can’t envision a way in which someone could see it that way

17. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    So, one note. Had he challenged the 2pt conversion and lost we wouldn't have won the game. We would've run out of time. I can't fault him for not wanting to risk a timeout when you're behind in the 4th quarter and your folks upstairs are saying they don't have a clear view.
    Last edited by Davii; 11-22-2018 at 09:27 AM.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

I know it’s popular to pile on the offensive line, but I noticed 2 positives in the stat line.

1 zero sacks
    2 zero tfl

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information