Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos GM John Elway “has taken a special interest” in college-type offenses

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    God! Please! No!

I love Leach ... except for his bullshit offense.

If they go Air Raid it needs to be Riley, don’t settle.
    This is funny. Because Riley literally played, coached and learned the offense at Tech under Leach.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    john de filippo knows that andy reid scheme from his time with doug pederson in philly. . . no need to get an actual college coach when you can get an NFL guy who runs the type of scheme you want. . .

#JDPFTW!
    JDPFTW for real. Lock could be a real possibility in the top 15 then to.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Welcome, Mike Leach to the Broncos...
    Ugh, I like Leach as college coach I'm not sure I would like him at the pro level.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

6. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Hire Mike Gundy just for the press conferences.

Just because Andy Reid is successful with an offense doesn't mean some college coach who has never coached in the NFL before would be. It's a huge transition, and not every successful college coach makes it successfully.

I have no idea where Elway will find the next HC, but he'd better be someone who can come in and know what he's doing from day 1. I.e. we cannot afford another Vance Joseph who has to "learn on the job."

That would just waste another two years!

9. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

The nice thing about switching to about rpo college style offense. There are a lot more qbs capable of running a college offense than pro, might make an easier transition to the next level since they will come in already familiar with many of the concepts.

11. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The nice thing about switching to about rpo college style offense. There are a lot more qbs capable of running a college offense than pro, might make an easier transition to the next level since they will come in already familiar with many of the concepts.
    The downside of trying that is exposing your QB to that increased risk of injury. NFL defenses are just too damn quick and too damn big to truly run an RPO offense and consistently utilize the QB like that. Eventually they will get hurt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That ain't bad.

But how much of that college offense was he exposed to when he was around Reid?

He's doing a good job in 'Sota, so that is something to be pleased with.
    he wasn't around reid-- he was with reid's protege, doug pederson, who looks like he may be a better coach than his mentor. . . JDP helped develop wentz, and was the QB coach who guided foles on that epic playoff run. . . he also did a stint in the college ranks before his time in philly, so he has recent experience at that level as well. . . you see the job matt nagy is doing in chicago? that's the kind of performance i would expect from de filippo. . .

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    The downside of trying that is exposing your QB to that increased risk of injury. NFL defenses are just too damn quick and too damn big to truly run an RPO offense and consistently utilize the QB like that. Eventually they will get hurt.
    I would say you had been right before, but look at KC. Mahomes isn't taking the kind of hits you are concerned about. With all the new defensive rules, I think the NFL is essentially shifting towards that style of offense anyway. The days of the dropback QB passer are fading.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he wasn't around reid-- he was with reid's protege, doug pederson, who looks like he may be a better coach than his mentor. . . JDP helped develop wentz, and was the QB coach who guided foles on that epic playoff run. . . he also did a stint in the college ranks before his time in philly, so he has recent experience at that level as well. . . you see the job matt nagy is doing in chicago? that's the kind of performance i would expect from de filippo. . .
    I just want someone who wins. Obviously, I'm kinda into the idea of Lincoln Riley, but I can buy into JPD pretty quickly.

Just find a solid coach and a blue chip QB prospect. Then we hashtag.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Just find a solid coach and a blue chip QB prospect. Then we hashtag.
    #JustWinBa....crap that's the raiders...
    #AllWe'reTryingToDoIsWinAMotherF***kingGame

Trade for Rodgers.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Trade for Rodgers.
    Are the Packers thinking of moving on from him? As much as I'd love that

#LifeIsntMadden

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information