Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Advice solicitation

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Default Advice solicitation

Alright my Bronco brethren and sistren(??)... I come to thou seeking sage wisdom and advice. Maybe I'm asking too much, but it's better than asking Vance Joseph, amirite?

Ok, so, many of you know I took possession of my Dad's truck after he passed. 2005 Dakota SLT 4X4. 142k miles, runs great, has rust over the rear wheel wells and various dings, scratches, etc. Interior isn't great but only one tear and that's a worn spot in the driver's seat.

I haven't driven it in months. I just did some suspension work to it yesterday as it was squeaking loudly on every bump. Rides nice and quiet now.

Here's the advice part: should I sell it?

It was my Dad's, but is been 2 1/2 yrs, I don't drive it, and I can almost hear him asking me why I'm keeping it.

I'd sell it to someone who will take good care of it.

3. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I'd sell it to someone who will take good care of it.
    I can't really control that though unless I sell it to someone I know, and nobody I know is in need.

Adopted Bronco:

Well...you can list it and get an idea of who the buyer is and what their intentions are when you meet with them. There is no law that says you HAVE to sell it to someone that meets up with you to see it and wants it. Just find out what they would offer and tell them you are waiting on another offer that is $500 more...or something.

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Davii, the only reason to keep that truck would be for sentimental value. I don’t think your dad would want you to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I can't really control that though unless I sell it to someone I know, and nobody I know is in need.
    The reality is Dodge trucks are not known for longevity and don’t hold their value well unless they are a heavy duty with the Cummins diesel.

I would dump it fast Davii. They turn into money pits.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I had a 2004 Honda Element that I wanted to hold onto after I bought my Lexus, but after about 3 months of it just sitting there taking up a parking space behind my house I decided to sell it. I didn't want to deal with a private sale and the car was in great shape, so I checked out Carmax just to see what they would offer. They let you sit on the offer for 48 hours and it only took about 45 minutes for them to process the paperwork. They came back with an offer of $4K which was more than I was planning on selling it for so I tried to play it cool but pretty quickly let them know I would gladly take that check and walk out of there. So if money isn't an issue and you want a pretty good hassle-free experience, Carmax is not a bad option. You could get more from a private sale but for me it was worth it to know I wouldn't have to do anything but sign over the title.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Does having it bring you joy?

If it does, keep it.

Do you need the cash?

If so, do you need the cash more than the joy?

If it brings you no joy sell it and buy something that does - like a ticket for me to come to NO (everything but these last 8 words was legit wisdom)

Alright my Bronco brethren and sistren(??)... I come to thou seeking sage wisdom and advice. Maybe I'm asking too much, but it's better than asking Vance Joseph, amirite?

Ok, so, many of you know I took possession of my Dad's truck after he passed. 2005 Dakota SLT 4X4. 142k miles, runs great, has rust over the rear wheel wells and various dings, scratches, etc. Interior isn't great but only one tear and that's a worn spot in the driver's seat.

I haven't driven it in months. I just did some suspension work to it yesterday as it was squeaking loudly on every bump. Rides nice and quiet now.

Here's the advice part: should I sell it?

It was my Dad's, but is been 2 1/2 yrs, I don't drive it, and I can almost hear him asking me why I'm keeping it.
    If you love it, keep it.

If you don't love it, don't. It's yours now and you're responsible for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post

If it does, keep it.

Do you need the cash?

If it brings you no joy sell it and buy something that does - like a ticket for me to come to NO (everything but these last 8 words was legit wisdom)
    This is good advice. Sell it and use the cash to buy something that will always make you think of your dad.

14. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I had a 2004 Honda Element that I wanted to hold onto after I bought my Lexus, but after about 3 months of it just sitting there taking up a parking space behind my house I decided to sell it. I didn't want to deal with a private sale and the car was in great shape, so I checked out Carmax just to see what they would offer. They let you sit on the offer for 48 hours and it only took about 45 minutes for them to process the paperwork. They came back with an offer of $4K which was more than I was planning on selling it for so I tried to play it cool but pretty quickly let them know I would gladly take that check and walk out of there. So if money isn't an issue and you want a pretty good hassle-free experience, Carmax is not a bad option. You could get more from a private sale but for me it was worth it to know I wouldn't have to do anything but sign over the title.
    I considered Carmax but the closest one is in Baton Rouge an hour away.

16. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

If it does, keep it.

Do you need the cash?

I can always count on you Dave.

18. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I considered Carmax but the closest one is in Baton Rouge an hour away.
    On the other hand, my wife had an old Honda Accord she was going to trade in at a Carmax and they only offered $300 for it. She ended up listing it and selling it herself for $1,500 after getting 4 offers for it. All well above $300.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    This is good advice. Sell it and use the cash to buy something that will always make you think of your dad.
    I am not sure how a ticket for me to go to NO would remind him of his dad

21. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I am not sure how a ticket for me to go to NO would remind him of his dad
    You smell like old guys?

23. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information