Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Practice / press conference notes - week 11 (Chargers week)

Default Practice / press conference notes - week 11 (Chargers week)

I posted this in the bye week thread but since we didn’t have a game this week and VJ’s presser was on to LA, I figured I might as well get this going:

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago
    Broncos are signing veteran center Gino Gradkowski to replace Matt Paradis on 53-man roster. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 2h2 hours ago
    Gino Gradkowski was with Broncos in offseason of 2015. Cut before season. He was with Carolina Panthers the previous two years(on IR last year). Cut by the Jets this year. A 4th round Ravens draft pick in 2012. He turned 30 last week. #9sports

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 39m39 minutes ago
    Fun fact: When Broncos acquired C-G Gino Gradkowski from BAL in 2015, they also swapped draft picks. BAL took starting guard Alex Lewis with Broncos' 4th-rd pick in '16 draft; Broncos took Connor McGovern in 5th rd. McGovern is now starting center, Gradkowski his backup #9sports

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 15m15 minutes ago
    #Broncos Joseph expecting Stewart, Freeman and Hamilton and Roby back at practice. #Denver7

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 13m13 minutes ago
    #Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "I think it's very common to take some time with those things (Case learning Musgrave's system). Obviously, we can get better offensively."

Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago
    #Broncos Joseph says team is "battle-tested" and embraces challenge of facing another scalding hot team. #Denver7

Kyle Fredrickson‏Verified account @kylefredrickson 12m12 minutes ago
    On finishing games: "We've played some of the better teams close, but there are no moral victories in this league ... we are battled tested and our team won't shy away."

On TE Jeff Heuerman's development: "He's been one of our better players ... he's making difficult catches and he's a matchup problem for safeties."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 10m10 minutes ago
    Vance Joseph: Message to team coming off bye:”Small focus. One game at a time.” #9sports

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 10m10 minutes ago
    #Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "I want to win more games for our team, our players and our city. I told guys that 'hope' cannot be our strategy. You've gotta play better."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 9m9 minutes ago
    #Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "In the first 15 (plays) you can just tell...good or bad..and on both sides of the ball. We have to start better."

Cecil Lammey‏Verified account @CecilLammey 8m8 minutes ago
    #Broncos Vance Joseph @1043TheFan "Emmanuel Sanders has been a leader in that room. I'm really proud of him. He plays on fire every weekend."

Mike Klis‏Verified account @MikeKlis 6m6 minutes ago
    Joseph on Phillip Lindsay keeping on keeping on: “Its been two months, its not a fluke. He’s a good player.”#9sports

4. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

For what its worth, 1 more loss by us, or win by the Chiefs, will mathematically eliminate us from the Divisional title contention
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

#Broncos Joseph says team is "battle-tested" and embraces challenge of facing another scalding hot team. #Denver7
    More Honest Vance: "We've gotten our heads beaten in every week, but that just means 'we're battle tested!'"

Your fifth grader could make the same claim if he flunked every math test "at least I'm battle tested!" Unfortunately we can't send Vance back to Summer School.

Nicki Jhabvala @NickiJhabvala
    John Elway, on @OrangeBlue760
    , talking about his expectations for the rest of the season: "“Every time I look at a schedule I think we can win every football game. That hasn’t changed. ... We can't listen to the naysayers and everything that's going on."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
    John Elway, on @orangeblue760
    , on the fans: "I understand that their Mondays are as depressed as mine are" when the team has been playing like it has.

John Elway: "I think that there are only so many things you can do during the season to improve things. … When you lose, everything gets magnified."

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Troy Renck‏Verified account @TroyRenck 11m11 minutes ago

On finishing games: "We've played some of the better teams close, but there are no moral victories in this league ... we are battled tested and our team won't shy away.
    This guy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Well, he's right. We're battle tested.

We've just failed the test more often than not.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Well, he's right. We're battle tested.

We've just failed the test more often than not.
    Everybody has played the same amount of "battle."
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Everybody has played the same amount of "battle."
    So you're saying we're not special?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    So you're saying we're not special?
    Oh, we're "special" alright!

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    John Elway, on @OrangeBlue760
    , talking about his expectations for the rest of the season: "“Every time I look at a schedule I think we can win every football game. That hasn’t changed. ... We can't listen to the naysayers and everything that's going on."

Andrew Mason @MaseDenver
    John Elway, on @orangeblue760
    , on the fans: "I understand that their Mondays are as depressed as mine are" when the team has been playing like it has.

John Elway: "I think that there are only so many things you can do during the season to improve things. … When you lose, everything gets magnified."
    Yes John, everything gets magnified, like all the crappy moves you've made the last couple years...

18. The Following User High Fived Tangerine For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    Yes John, everything gets magnified, like all the crappy moves you've made the last couple years...
    Bringing back Gino Gradkowski is yet another crappy move. I just wonder why him? Schofield, Sambrailo, Donald Stephenson or Menelik Watson wouldn't take Elway's call?

Someone should take the garbage bins away from Elway.

He came in to backup center. Who did you expect this time of year, Pouncy?

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Rick For This Post:

TV maps are up. By some weird scheduling, I actually get this game on TV:

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2018&wk=11

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information