Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Kiszla: Just lose, baby. Broncos can count on Vance Joseph to mess it up, as coach did again against Texans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    They should talk Ray into a one-year-prove-it-deal and have him get surgery immediately after the signing.
    it's a plan!

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Theyll keep:

Shaq
    Shelby
    Turner
    IRman
    Paradis

The rest are old or not that good anyway. Not a big deal. Marshall will be gone for sure. So will Dstew. We also will have almost 100 mil to play with in FA.
    They would probably like to keep Paradis. But, his injury means that they will have to wait almost to FA to try and re-sign him and he probably won't want to do that since he's out for the year and just has to wait until FA hits to get a big payday.

Elway keeps stupidly refusing to re-sign his veterans BEFORE their last season, then tries to renegotiate in the middle of their last season. When Peyton was here the team was playing for SBs every year, so players were sometimes willing to do that.

When Peyton left, that stopped abruptly. Elway kept asking guys to take a "team friendly deal" to play in Denver, and they keep saying "no thanks!" Started with Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan in 2016 and hasn't stopped yet.

Why would Paradis want to play for a rebuilding team when he could potentially go and get around $12m or so a season to play for a team like the Patriots or somebody like that? Maybe he wants to stay, but if so it will cost the Broncos top $. He's not going to accept less. Why should he?

The Broncos will be rebuilding AGAIN, with a completely new coaching staff and a bunch of new OL for the 5th straight year. That has to get old, if you are an OL. He might just want out at this point after 3 discouraging seasons.

Derek Wolfe definitely wants out as he said on the radio "I'm getting tired of this crap!" (Losing). He badly wants to win, and the team is just not a winner.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Theyll keep:

Shaq
    Shelby
    Turner
    IRman
    Paradis

The rest are old or not that good anyway. Not a big deal. Marshall will be gone for sure. So will Dstew. We also will have almost 100 mil to play with in FA.
    Yea, as much as I hated the DT thing, we've got a ton of cap space. We're loaded to make waves in FA and reload. If we can find a QB, we can buy the rest in FA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Yea, as much as I hated the DT thing, we've got a ton of cap space. We're loaded to make waves in FA and reload. If we can find a QB, we can buy the rest in FA.
    The problem is getting FA’s to sign with Broncos. Cousins laughed at them, Calais Campbell so no and he’s a Broncos fan.

Furthermore, I don’t trust this regime to identify solutions, they could’ve had Trent Brown for what turned out to be Isaac Yiadum.

To be honest, with the way this regime goes about fixing problems it’s fair to wonder if they even know where they have problems.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

The problem is getting FA’s to sign with Broncos. Cousins laughed at them, Calais Campbell so no and he’s a Broncos fan.

Furthermore, I don’t trust this regime to identify solutions, they could’ve had Trent Brown for what turned out to be Isaac Yiadum.

To be honest, with the way this regime goes about fixing problems it’s fair to wonder if they even know where they have problems.
    The Broncos offered Calais Campbell $13m and tried to get him to come here for a "discount." Campbell said no, and when to Jacksonville which offered him $15m a year. Then he got about 15 sacks his first season.

Would have been a waste though, because no DT will help if Trevor Siemian is your QB.

We were a win from making the postseason, IIRC. Campbell would have been worth at least a win because pressure from the D Line was a huge issue for the defense that season.

It would have been for nothing, though. TS wasn't sustainable. We might still be starting him right now if he made the playoffs. That might have been better than Keenum.

Campbell would have been nice little windfall. It is what it is, though.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We were a win from making the postseason, IIRC. Campbell would have been worth at least a win because pressure from the D Line was a huge issue for the defense that season.

It would have been for nothing, though. TS wasn't sustainable. We might still be starting him right now if he made the playoffs. That might have been better than Keenum.

Inside pass rush is what they’ve never replaced from the SB50 defense, add Campbell to Von Wolfe Chubb and maybe Roby isn’t so vulnerable.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Inside pass rush is what they’ve never replaced from the SB50 defense, add Campbell to Von Wolfe Chubb and maybe Roby isn’t so vulnerable.
    Yeah. That season we rolled over cap space, after offering less money.

Thank god we used it well.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah. That season we rolled over cap space, after offering less money.

Thank god we used it well.
    Cap space = Championship.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

I don't see how Trevor would ever be better than Keenum. At least Keenum has stayed healthy and is able to play on Sundays. Trevor kept getting hurt. And sucking and then getting hurt some more.

True, having Calais Campbell would have won them 1 more game, so they get into the playoffs. Then get beaten by the Steelers at Heinz Field in January because do you think Trevor Siemian could possibly go on the road and beat Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh?

Things would probably be worse now because it was a false dawn, fooling the team into thinking they were better than they really are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Besides arm strength, height and contract there’s not much difference between Keenum and Siemian.

2 out of 3 ain’t bad, I’ll take TS.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I don't see how Trevor would ever be better than Keenum. At least Keenum has stayed healthy and is able to play on Sundays. Trevor kept getting hurt. And sucking and then getting hurt some more.

True, having Calais Campbell would have won them 1 more game, so they get into the playoffs. Then get beaten by the Steelers at Heinz Field in January because do you think Trevor Siemian could possibly go on the road and beat Ben Roethlisberger in Pittsburgh?

Things would probably be worse now because it was a false dawn, fooling the team into thinking they were better than they really are.
    Keenum has been a disaster. He has played poorly and for a chunk of the season has either had as many INTS as TDs, or more INTs than TDs.

The team would have made the playoffs - maybe that would have sparked something. Or maybe it would have stopped us from the joyous firesale we are in now. I don't know - I like making the playoffs, let's be honest, the Steelers routinely lose to teams that they should beat in the playoffs.

This team already thought it was better than what it was - thus the awful Keenum signing.

I wanted to blow the team up in the offseason. So if we didn't do that, if we were going to continue to pretend we were good, it would have made sense to actually keep and sign some good players.

For two years I have maintained that we were doing a half-baked rebuild where we couldn't decide if we were blowing up the team or trying to build on it.

I don't think my opinion was an unfair one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Broncos gonna win tomorrow, Kiszla!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Broncos gonna win tomorrow, Kiszla!!
    So you think theyll overcome the 15 false starts that are coming
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

They’ll win, book it.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information