Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Let’s be brutally honest...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Default Let’s be brutally honest...

Who in their right mind wants this job?

This came up on Sportstalk Radio today.

We all have favorites, grand ideas ... but weigh the Pros and Cons.

The Broncos are attractive to the two things we want the least, a retread or another low-upside unproven, and they might have to put the word “desperate” in front of retread/unproven.

Anyway, Happy Holidays.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Lincoln ******* Riley wants it. He just doesn't know it yet.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

There are only 32 of these jobs in the world and, on average, only 5 available per year. We're just as good a selling point as the others who will be available. With the possible exception of Green Bay.

The sky isn't falling Jaded Little
    Last edited by Davii; 12-26-2018 at 10:18 PM.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

I think it's still a desirable job. One, Denver should have decent amounts of cap room. Two, there is a legacy of success. Three, say what you want about Elway, but he doesn't stand still and remain idle.

But, the cons are the instability regarding ownership and how that might impact decisions from atop. Also, let's be honest, Elway probably is seen as hard to work with. It is what it is. The division we're in looks tough. Rivers isn't going to fall off a cliff regarding play, or literally, in the next two years. The Chiefs at minimum are a regular season machine with Mahomes.

The roster is in between a pro and a con. Personally, I think we have more issues with at than most people. But, there are some sharp people who disagree with that sentiment, and I can respect it.

We have the pass rush down pat, and presuming we keep Barrett, there's some depth. The defensive line could use a little work, but it's not a weakness. Harris looks especially promising, albeit he's a favorite of mine so I am a little biased. But, our ILBs are just bad. I don't want to hear anything about Jewell, he's not shown much promise this year. Marshall isn't good, either. And our secondary is just bad outside of Harris. Neither safety is a playmaker, nor are they really good at anything. The corners we have are all bad at the game of football. Scheme didn't help, but at a certain point you're either a pro, or you're not.

The offense is interesting. Sanders, with that injury, might never be the same. Sutton looks like he could be quite good. Hamilton and Patrick show promise. We have two legitimate running backs. The line will need some work as we're probably losing Veldheer at RT, and Paradis might leave (Jaded goes wild) which is another hole. But, there are worse lines in the NFL. We have no tight ends. We have one of the worst QB's in the game, being paid a chunk of money.

Truth be told, this is a roster that...could go either way. People are saying that we should have more wins, but I'm not sold on that. Yeah, we lost games to some really bad teams, but we also won two games that the opposition handed to us via Pitt and S.D. so at best it averaged out. I think more likely we got lucky in those two aforementioned wins, and those losses are more in line with our talent. Admittedly, we probably should have won one of them, because those lesser teams...also sucked.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Issue isn't finding a head coach. Issue is finding a quarterback. This team probably has the best top 2 outside pass rushers in the league, and Elway will hopefully bring back Shaq Barrett as the 3rd guy. This team has loads of young talent, and probably could have been a 10-11 win team with the right coaching staff.

8. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Issue isn't finding a head coach. Issue is finding a quarterback. This team probably has the best top 2 outside pass rushers in the league, and Elway will hopefully bring back Shaq Barrett as the 3rd guy. This team has loads of young talent, and probably could have been a 10-11 win team with the right coaching staff.
    How many current staffs in the NFL do you think could achieve that?

Not looking to try to style on you, just curious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lincoln ******* Riley wants it. He just doesn't know it yet.
    I’m in.

#GodWhatHaveIBecome?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

11. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I think it's still a desirable job. One, Denver should have decent amounts of cap room. Two, there is a legacy of success. Three, say what you want about Elway, but he doesn't stand still and remain idle.

But, the cons are the instability regarding ownership and how that might impact decisions from atop. Also, let's be honest, Elway probably is seen as hard to work with. It is what it is. The division we're in looks tough. Rivers isn't going to fall off a cliff regarding play, or literally, in the next two years. The Chiefs at minimum are a regular season machine with Mahomes.

The roster is in between a pro and a con. Personally, I think we have more issues with at than most people. But, there are some sharp people who disagree with that sentiment, and I can respect it.

We have the pass rush down pat, and presuming we keep Barrett, there's some depth. The defensive line could use a little work, but it's not a weakness. Harris looks especially promising, albeit he's a favorite of mine so I am a little biased. But, our ILBs are just bad. I don't want to hear anything about Jewell, he's not shown much promise this year. Marshall isn't good, either. And our secondary is just bad outside of Harris. Neither safety is a playmaker, nor are they really good at anything. The corners we have are all bad at the game of football. Scheme didn't help, but at a certain point you're either a pro, or you're not.

The offense is interesting. Sanders, with that injury, might never be the same. Sutton looks like he could be quite good. Hamilton and Patrick show promise. We have two legitimate running backs. The line will need some work as we're probably losing Veldheer at RT, and Paradis might leave (Jaded goes wild) which is another hole. But, there are worse lines in the NFL. We have no tight ends. We have one of the worst QB's in the game, being paid a chunk of money.

Truth be told, this is a roster that...could go either way. People are saying that we should have more wins, but I'm not sold on that. Yeah, we lost games to some really bad teams, but we also won two games that the opposition handed to us via Pitt and S.D. so at best it averaged out. I think more likely we got lucky in those two aforementioned wins, and those losses are more in line with our talent. Admittedly, we probably should have won one of them, because those lesser teams...also sucked.
    Before I commit the rest of 2018 to this post did you weigh Pros and Cons in here, KingCuJoel?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    There are only 32 of these jobs in the world and, on average, only 5 available per year. We're just as good a selling point as the others who will be available. With the possible exception of Green Bay.

The sky isn't falling Jaded Little
    You tell the sweetest lies.

Btw, I like that as a screen name.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Before I commit the rest of 2018 to this post did you weigh Pros and Cons in here, KingCuJoel?
    The way you're talking, it's like you don't love to live.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The way you're talking, it's like you don't love to live.
    I live to love and it’s breaking my heart.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I live to love and it’s breaking my heart.
    I told your mother to raise you so you didn't love QB's.

But she loved Elway, and the rest is history...history that I just ******* made up.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

You tell the sweetest lies.

Btw, I like that as a screen name.
    It's a shitty screen name.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I told your mother to raise you so you didn't love QB's.

But she loved Elway, and the rest is history...history that I just ******* made up.
    You were close, she loved Morton. I was creepy.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    It's a shitty screen name.
    You've been in a shitty mood for awhile.

Yeah, you can kill me with ease, but I can still be worried about my friend.

)=

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information