Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

Everything would have to break right but if you strip away the top team in each AFC division, the remaining teams are still vulnerable. The Broncos would need to run the table or close to it in order to pull it off but they have been close in several games.

Who's ahead in the wild card chase...

San Diego (6-2) we still play them twice.
    Cincinnati (5-3) classic chokers
    Miami (5-4) same
    Baltimore (4-5) They own the tiebreaker with us.
    Tennessee (3-4) A loss tonight makes them 3-5.

Next you have Indy (3-5), Jacksonville (3-5), Jets (3-6) then Denver. If they can win the next two against the Chargers and Steelers, they'll be 5-6 going into a head-to-head with the Bengals. Then they get to end the season with San Francisco, Cleveland, Oakland and San Diego..all winnable.

I know this all sounds pie-in-the-sky but stranger things have happened. Can they finish 10-6 or 9-7 still? Yes if they figure out how to turn it around and win the close ones.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

2. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Nope, not gonna happen.

Adopted Bronco:

Pretty much have to win them all for any chance

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Everything would have to break right but if you strip away the top team in each AFC division, the remaining teams are still vulnerable. The Broncos would need to run the table or close to it in order to pull it off but they have been close in several games.

Who's ahead in the wild card chase...

San Diego (6-2) we still play them twice.
    Cincinnati (5-3) classic chokers
    Miami (5-4) same
    Baltimore (4-5) They own the tiebreaker with us.
    Tennessee (3-4) A loss tonight makes them 3-5.

Next you have Indy (3-5), Jacksonville (3-5), Jets (3-6) then Denver. If they can win the next two against the Chargers and Steelers, they'll be 5-6 going into a head-to-head with the Bengals. Then they get to end the season with San Francisco, Cleveland, Oakland and San Diego..all winnable.

I know this all sounds pie-in-the-sky but stranger things have happened. Can they finish 10-6 or 9-7 still? Yes if they figure out how to turn it around and win the close ones.
    While it's mathematically possible, I don't think it's a realistic possibility.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

All I wanted for the Broncos this year was to win games we SHOULD win. The only time I felt that happened was Arizona. You could argue our first 2 wins were closer to being losses than wins. It's so frustrating because you can see the talent on this team but they have NO room for error because they aren't good enough to overcome that. I'd love to see them eek out 5 more wins somehow, but at this point all decisions being made have to be what is best for the FUTURE of the franchise. It just sucks because the time between NFL seasons seems the longest.

If the Broncos were going to win 8 games this thread would have theoretical relevance. However, they are going to be lucky to win 6. The teams the Broncos need to be concerned with are not Chargers, Bengals and Ravens. It's the Cardinals, Raiders, and 49ers getting ahead of them in the draft!

This team is going to be blown up and start over again with a new coach, new coaching staff, and about 10+ new starting players. Guys who will not be back: Wolfe, Roby, Barrett, Ray, Marshall? Offense: most of the OL including perhaps Matt Paradis who is a UFA. TEs: Heurmann is an UFA.

And of course, QB most of all.

Etc. Sure, the team could turn things around and win 6 of 7. Theoretically. In reality that's never going to happen. So, this thread better get whatever views it's going to get before the Chargers, Steelers and Bengals games. Because they aren't likely to win any of those games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

They could also still pick #1 overall in next year's draft!

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

They'd have to win every game to somehow make this happen, but i cant even see them beating LAC in LA in two weeks. Looking like 5x11 or 6x10. Again. Joseph gets fired after the season it seems.

Its hard to believe this team wqs a SBC just 3 seasons ago. We knew PM retiring would be tough, but nobody could have imagined a Coach so inept, so not ready for the job to be the biggest issue.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

I am choosing to blunt the negativity, doom and gloom in my own way. Before the season, most believed the Broncos would be an 8-8 team at best, an outside shot at a wild card. My point is they still are. Houston started 0-3 and mostly through dumb luck they are now 6-3. The Broncos have been close even in most of their losses and, at some point, maybe not this year, the luck will return.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I am choosing to blunt the negativity, doom and gloom in my own way. Before the season, most believed the Broncos would be an 8-8 team at best, an outside shot at a wild card. My point is they still are. Houston started 0-3 and mostly through dumb luck they are now 6-3. The Broncos have been close even in most of their losses and, at some point, maybe not this year, the luck will return.
    Firing VJ would be a start

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Why would you want them to?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm going with the "or not" portion of this.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

With VJ as coach this isn't even mathematically possible. Its done yesterday was proof, Ain't no way we come out of the bye ready to go against a good chargers team. we might have a good practice or two, but the reality is the players saw yet again how bad at coaching situational football VJ is, so why are the going to listen to him now suddenly 10 weeks in.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Not gonna hold my breath on this one.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Why would you want them to?
    This.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information