Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He's not saying they would be out of contention, he's saying they would have their playoff seed locked up and will be resting guys. There is a very high chance they will be locked into the 5 seed by week 17.
    That makes sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

He's not saying they would be out of contention, he's saying they would have their playoff seed locked up and will be resting guys. There is a very high chance they will be locked into the 5 seed by week 17.
    Yep - this.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The negativity, it's pretty darned warranted at this point. As long as we've got VJ here, we're going to make boneheaded mistakes taking us out of winnable games just like we did this week. There isn't a realistic possibility of this team making it and even if we did, we're a one and done team through and through.

This team doesn't deserve a playoff spot.
    Lol oh the difference two wins makes in a persons attitude.

I think we'll end up taking LA's playoff spot TBH. They face the Steelers this week (without Gordon as he's out for the game) and the Chiefs. If they lose both of those games, and we win out and beat them, the chargers won't be going to the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I could see us losing to Cleveland to be honest. They are playing very well right now. If they had a different coach all season they are probably a playoff team.

I could see us losing to Cleveland to be honest. They are playing very well right now. If they had a different coach all season they are probably a playoff team.
    They’re definitely not gimme, especially at home. They have some playmakers.

That's the game I've got circled as the hardest remaining on our schedule honestly. I think we can take them, but that's gonna be a challenge stopping Baker. We're going to need to have a hell of a pass rush that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    They’re definitely not gimme, especially at home. They have some playmakers.
    We're playing them in Denver not Cleveland. They are 1-26 in away games (though a lot of that was under a terrible previous coach)

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

There's just as high a chance that the winner of our week 17 game gets the 6 seed. Chargers still play Pitt, KC, Balt, Cin, and us.

Say we win out and SD beats only Cincinnati. What then?

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    There's just as high a chance that the winner of our week 17 game gets the 6 seed. Chargers still play Pitt, KC, Balt, Cin, and us.

Then my friend, I spend several days laughing my ass off. Our resident chargers troll over on the official forums is making a big deal about the predictions we have made that are wrong. One of them is that we will finish with a better record than the chargers (this was made at the beginning of the year) I don't think it has sunk in for him yet that his team has the Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens and bengals (and us) left on their schedule. They could very easily win 1-2 of those games and lose the rest and finish with a worse record than us. It will be poetic justice if that happens.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Then my friend, I spend several days laughing my ass off. Our resident chargers troll over on the official forums is making a big deal about the predictions we have made that are wrong. One of them is that we will finish with a better record than the chargers (this was made at the beginning of the year) I don't think it has sunk in for him yet that his team has the Steelers, Chiefs, Ravens and bengals (and us) left on their schedule. They could very easily win 1-2 of those games and lose the rest and finish with a worse record than us. It will be poetic justice if that happens.
    Wow didn't realize that Chargers schedule draws out like that. Almost the opposite of ours where everything before the BYE was a nightmare. Steelers will be pissed and maybe beat them handily, Chiefs will eat up their secondary, Ravens and Bengals... who knows. I'd love a final showdown at Mile High for the season if it played out like that!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

The chargers folding is probably our best path into the playoffs honestly. The colts are on fire and probably getting in, and we lose a tiebreaker to the Ravens. So we need the chargers to lose a couple and either the Ravens or colts to fade down the stretch to get in. If SD gets in, our path to the 6 seed is tough.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

The chargers folding is probably our best path into the playoffs honestly. The colts are on fire and probably getting in, and we lose a tiebreaker to the Ravens. So we need the chargers to lose a couple and either the Ravens or colts to fade down the stretch to get in. If SD gets in, our path to the 6 seed is tough.
    I've been running the different scenarios. If we share the same record with the colts, we're in. We need them to drop a game against either the Texans, Jags or Titans. All the games are division games and are all wildcards.

The Ravens hold a tie breaker over us. IMO they could be our biggest threat. In order for us to get even with the Chargers and take their spot, they need to lose to us, the steelers and chiefs. 3 losses brings us even at 10-6.

The biggest key, we have to win out. Period. Any loss from this point on will all but eliminate us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I've been running the different scenarios. If we share the same record with the colts, we're in. We need them to drop a game against either the Texans, Jags or Titans. All the games are division games and are all wildcards.

The Ravens hold a tie breaker over us. IMO they could be our biggest threat. In order for us to get even with the Chargers and take their spot, they need to lose to us, the steelers and chiefs. 3 losses brings us even at 10-6.

The biggest key, we have to win out. Period. Any loss from this point on will all but eliminate us.
    Yeah any loss makes the path in exceedingly difficult. We would need two of the following 3 to happen: colts lose 2 more, chargers lose 4 more, Ravens lose 3 more. That gets dicey.

Yeah any loss makes the path in exceedingly difficult. We would need two of the following 3 to happen: colts lose 2 more, chargers lose 4 more, Ravens lose 3 more. That gets dicey.
    As of right now, we win out, we only need the colts to lose one and for the chargers/chiefs to beat the ravens. or the colts or ravens to lose and the chargers to lose 3.

The second scenario isn't a difficult one since the Chargers have Pitts this week fresh off a stinging loss and no melvin gordon.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information