Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Anthony Lynn can "go for 2" because he had Phillip Rivers as his QB. Does anybody think you could do that successfully with Case Keenum as your QB?
    I'm saying it was a ballsy decision to go for 2 and win it right there, where you are pretty much guaranteed OT after you kick the EP. Most coaches wouldn't go for 2 in that situation, because you never blame the coach for losing in OT, but you sure would if you don't make the 2 pointer. He had his OC dial up a play while they were trying to score, he had already made that decision during the drive, that's why I give him credit.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Where are you getting this? Everything I've read shows only 1 or 2 QB's in the 1st round.
    I've seen some lists of 5 or 6 potential 1st rnd QB's, depending on guys coming out. I barely pay attention to the college game, so I have no idea who is worth a 1st rnd pick. But we have a shot to 'play ourselves' back inton high draft pick discussion. The Browns are fairly dangerous, have TE's and the kind of weapons we have trouble stopping. Plus we don't move the ball all that well. Unless Lindsay goes off, I don't feel that great about this week. Then you have the Raiders who are playing better and a Chargers team that may be playing for the division...All while Case tries to decide if he can trust any of the rookie WR's or just check down. Again. I'm not even that down on the Broncos, I just see us as toothless at this point, with pretty bad coaching.

That win streak ended up doing a ton of harm to us. And nothing good came to fruition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

Going for 2 that point of the game is admission that your team isn't as good as the opponent but you like your chance in one dice roll. FWIW, Lynn made the right call. You give the ball one time to Tyreek and you could be looking at showerville.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That win streak ended up doing a ton of harm to us. And nothing good came to fruition.
    How so? There's no guarantee a high draft pick pans out. Especially with all the "Elway sucks at drafting" innuendos.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

I hate winning too. Sucks.

How so? There's no guarantee a high draft pick pans out. Especially with all the "Elway sucks at drafting" innuendos.
    The harm isn't in that the pick won't pan out, it's that we hurt the chance to get an elite skillset player who could pan out.

It's like in poker - you're not guaranteed to win, but sometimes the odds dictate the play.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Yeah, why can't they lose ALL their games? Don't they know they could get a better draft pick that way?

11. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Conflation and strawman. The losses we piled up when we got Von Miller don't matter. Get Von does.

It's pretty simple, guys. Think of it this way - imagine that Mayfield is and was the absolute truth. The random ass games we won last year that didn't amount to much made it harder to get him.

In short, when the season is pretty much over, the best result is often losing so you can get better players. The wins mean nothing. Substituting metaphysical merit for substance is bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

The harm isn't in that the pick won't pan out, it's that we hurt the chance to get an elite skillset player who could pan out.

It's like in poker - you're not guaranteed to win, but sometimes the odds dictate the play.
    Nah. You play the cards you're dealt and try to win every hand. Folding doesn't reap any rewards at all.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Nah. You play the cards you're dealt and try to win every hand. Folding doesn't reap any rewards at all.
    By folding you keep some of your currency. Folding is often the best play.

Imagine if an extra win or two kept us from Von and we were out of the top five.

Tanking is often the best course of action, regardless of it being palatable or counter-intuitive.

Where are you getting this? Everything I've read shows only 1 or 2 QB's in the 1st round.
    Same place that I knew Kyler Murray was going to go pro when everyone told me he was not. People are very predictable Joe.

A few things my friend:

1. Deep Class does not necessarily mean first round. There will be a lot of 1st rdrs I have no doubt, but also a lot of 2nd and 3rd round guys too. Or guys that normally would go earlier but may last til the mid rounds because it is so deep.

2. In the first round, as of now (before i have done my homework on them) it looks like- Herbert, Haskins, Murray, Lock....maybe Grier ( i could see him as a pat 100%)

3. Every year there are players who rise up, you know what I mean. Does not mean they should be a 1st rd QB, but Murray is going to rise up, I am sure of it!
    4. The 5th year option invites FO to take QBs early so they can develop them on the cheap or just have that much longer to keep their guy.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    We be losing tomorrow.
    So why even watch right

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    I hate winning too. Sucks.
    The journey is better than the destination.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

That is blatantly false. Sutton and Hamilton appear to have elite skills, and both were taken after the first round.

Also, the Chief had come off successful season and went out did what they had to do to MaHomes so say that Denver's record will determine whether or not they will get an elite player is rubbish.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information