Page 12 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I do like the idea of getting him in space with a head of steam. Borrow some Sproles footage and do that stuff. He'd get the tiny windows he needed for explosive gains on the most innocuously developing plays.
    I agree, but they need to limit his carries if they’re going to do that. I want the guy to be effective for more than 2-3 years. The way Sproles has been used is an excellent example. He doesn’t get 25 touches a game, and never has.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I don't know if this comparison is ridiculous or not, but Lindsay reminds me a little of Jerome Bettis in his style--decisive, north/south, vision in confined spaces. He's like the 5'8" 190# Bus. With a hint of Shady/Sanders, but not quite as 'jukey' as either. A north/south producer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

4. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lindsey reminds me of Sproles or Dunn.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Oh yeah, Dunn for sure. Best comp I've seen.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Oh yeah, Dunn for sure. Best comp I've seen.
    He runs like Marshall Faulk, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He runs like Marshall Faulk, imo.
    I was looking at Faulk tonight some. There are some similarities for sure. Lindsay is so downhill though. He is so decisive and quick to attack. Bettis and Dunn really jumped out at me with those two traits, but his size/speed are closer to Faulk and Shady Whoever he is, he's definitely Phillip Lindsay.

I was looking at Faulk tonight some. There are some similarities for sure. Lindsay is so downhill though. He is so decisive and quick to attack. Bettis and Dunn really jumped out at me with those two traits, but his size/speed are closer to Faulk and Shady Whoever he is, he's definitely Phillip Lindsay.
    I'm just happy we have him.

He's also a lot of fun. It's nice to have a fun player who is doing well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

This Sunday will be Broncos' first test without WR Demaryius Thomas and WR Emmanuel Sanders! By the way, I will be at Disneyland this weekend. I will probably watch the Broncos vs Niners game through by NFL Sunday Ticket app on my iPhone Xs while standing in a line for ride.
    Last edited by Magnificent Seven; 12-07-2018 at 03:53 AM.

14. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Just as a reminder these are our current scenarios as well as the games of note for us today:

Denver wins out

AND two of the following four happen:

Miami loses once

Los Angeles loses twice (not counting against us)

Pittsburgh loses twice

Baltimore loses twice

These are the games of note today:

Indy at Houston: While we already have the tiebreaker over Indy, we don't want Houston falling into to wildcard pool, due to our loss to them. There is currently only one way Houston could finish 10-6 and lose the division which is our nightmare scenario. Houston has to finish 1-3, that one win HAS to be against Philly, and either Tennessee or Indy has to win out. So that's a very unlikely scenario, but Houston winning today puts us in the clear.

Baltimore @ KC: Definitely a big KC fan today. Helps knock the Ravens back, and we want KC to keep winning so that the Chargers won't still have a shot to win the division in week 17. Ideally we want the chargers to be locked into the 5 seed week 17. If we had to pick only one game to go our way today it's this one. Baltimore winning would be very bad for us on multiple fronts.

New England @ Miami: This one is pretty important because we would lose a tiebreaker with Miami. Just need them to lose one to be safe there.

Cincy @ LA: as counterintuitive as this seems, we probably want LA to win this. We really don't want them having anything to play for in week 17.

Pitt @ Oakland: Obviously we would love the upset here, but probably a fat chance.

So there it is! Happy gameday everyone!
    Last edited by BroncoWave; 12-09-2018 at 08:53 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Good stuff, Wave. Both tonight and tomorrow night’s games are NFC only so by the time our game ends today, we will have a complete updated AFC playoff picture

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Wave, I’m sorry you wasted your time on all these scenarios. We won’t be needing them anymore

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Wave, I’m sorry you wasted your time on all these scenarios. We won’t be needing them anymore
    It's not over yet, doom & gloom!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I'm still going to do them until the second we get eliminated because I hate myself apparently.

23. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm still going to do them until the second we get eliminated because I hate myself apparently.
    Must. Not. Make. Joke.

25. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well here goes. You guys thought it was bleak now? Well, you were right. Here is the post mortem:

We officially cannot pass San Diego. That means our only faint hope is for the 6 seed. We also completely squandered gifts from the Ravens and Steelers. To make the playoffs we have to:

Win out.

All of the following need to happen:

Pitt loses twice OR Baltimore loses twice

Tennessee loses once.

Indy loses once.

Miami loses twice.

We probably also need a Houston win to be safe but I haven't fully checked that one.

So there it is. The slimmest of hopes.

We can also be eliminated this week. That scenario would be:

Loss + Ravens win AND Steelers win.

OR

Loss + Dolphins win

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information