Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Believe it or not, Broncos could still grab wild card

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    albeit the team he's around isn't as strong.
    I dont know about that, Denver's running game is better than he had with the Vikings. Granted. last year the Vikings D was better than this years Denver D but a good QB can make up for that by putting more points on the board. And even when DT was here he was unable to fully utilize the WR corp which is very good in Denver. The only good thing about the last 3 games is his ability not to turn the ball over (knock on wood).

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know about that, Denver's running game is better than he had with the Vikings. Granted. last year the Vikings D was better than this years Denver D but a good QB can make up for that by putting more points on the board. And even when DT was here he was unable to fully utilize the WR corp which is very good in Denver. The only good thing about the last 3 games is his ability not to turn the ball over (knock on wood).
    I think DT was hindering more than he was helping Keenum. That's not a knock on DT, but he just didn't fit here anymore. Sutton took a little time to adjust to the role, but he's getting there.

3. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

If Elway and the brass did not feel that Keenum could be the guy than there was no reason to pay him more money when Siemian was a cheaper option.
    We would not be .500 with Siemian right now. Case may be a journeyman/backup, but I’d still rather have him.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Keenum likes to throw to his TEs. Last year he had Kyle Rudolph who got 57 receptions, 8 TDs and was named to to the Pro-Bowl and 1st Team All-Pro honors. This year his leading TE is Jeff Heurman who has 2 TDs and 3 broken ribs and is on IR.

He was an all-pro, with those numbers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If Elway and the brass did not feel that Keenum could be the guy than there was no reason to pay him more money when Siemian was a cheaper option.
    Imho the reason Keenum is here is because he's a little stronger mentally than Siemian. Ability wise there doesn't seem to be that much difference, again imo.

10. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Disagree. It was OBVIOUS Siemian wasn't the answer, the was a CHANCE Case was or could be. If Elway thought he was for sure he would've offered a longer contract. 2 years is nothing inn the NFL and is definitely not a long-term deal, it's a "prove it" deal with a nice paycheck attached.

I think we’d be 4-8 if we had Siemian. He was a turnover machine last year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Case is clearly an upgrade over what we've experienced the past two years.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

I can see the difference between Keenum and Siemian. Keenum is an upgrade on offense. Broncos have to win all 4 games and it will be somewhat tough without WR Sanders and CB Harris Jr.

WR Sanders is out. I hope RB Lindsay can play Slot WR in several passing plays. It would be fun to watch Lindsay play Slot WR for several plays. RB Royce Freeman and FB Janovich are there on the field.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I think we’d be 4-8 if we had Siemian. He was a turnover machine last year.
    His balls never completely dropped. Tough dude in that he took his medicine, but too panicky in the moment. Keenum, for all his many warts, definitely has fully descended testes. They dropped so suddenly they pulled his head down to his shoulders, rendering him big-balled but neckless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

17. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I can see the difference between Keenum and Siemian. Keenum is an upgrade on offense. Broncos have to win all 4 games and it will be somewhat tough without WR Sanders and CB Harris Jr.

WR Sanders is out. I hope RB Lindsay can play Slot WR in several passing plays. It would be fun to watch Lindsay play Slot WR for several plays. RB Royce Freeman and FB Janovich are there on the field.
    They should at least split out Lindsay on 2 RB plays with an abbreviated route template. A lot to ask to turn your RB into a WR in a week.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    They should at least split out Lindsay on 2 RB plays with an abbreviated route template. A lot to ask to turn your RB into a WR in a week.
    Especially considering the workload he carries at running back.

21. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Especially considering the workload he carries at running back.
    I do like the idea of getting him in space with a head of steam. Borrow some Sproles footage and do that stuff. He'd get the tiny windows he needed for explosive gains on the most innocuously developing plays.

23. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information