Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Texans 11/04/18

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    yes. . . we're far more competitive. . . this roster is significantly better than last year's, whether the record shows it or not. . . IF we can make a smart coaching hire in the off-season, most of the pieces are in place to make a quick turnaround. . . the chorfs didn't have to bottom out to get mahomes-- the eagles didn't bottom out for wentz, nor did the texans for watson. . . we aren't as far from contending as this year's results would indicate, IMO. . . gotta find a QB, but this isn't some talent-starved team. . . another draft class or two like this past one, we can be right back in the thick of it. . . take heart, my peoples!

I am too Dog. The guys are fighting and I saw growth in Case yesterday that I had not seen since the season started. They seem really close, but are still making mistakes. What I'm encouraged is that if they can learn from their mistakes, I saw evidence of that yesterday, then they can figure out a way to bounce the ball in their favor. Even Bolles did better yesterday, or hid his holding better. My gut tells me that someone has torn into him about the throwing the players down. Something was different. I'm just bummed about Matt P., but I suspect that the guys that want to stick around will man up.

We were missing a bunch of starters yesterday. So I'm hoping the 2 weeks will heal things that can be healed and we will enter the last half with team fire, us against the world type of attitude.
    Getting Stoked

2. The Following User High Fived pnbronco For This Post:

The secondary is a mess. The only truly good player back there is CHJ.

The ILB's are a mess.

We need more out of the defensive line regarding a pass rush, but it's not awful.

The TE's showed life for the first time in what feels like forever. Not optimistic about that bunch.

We will have to pour more resources into the offensive line.

The QB situation is amongst the worst in the league.

The roster is...workable. We have hope at WR. We have wonderful RB's. Paradis is hurt now but he's a splendid center. Still concerned about the guards, but it's not critical mass. We have wonderful OLB's and pass rush depth.

HC and QB have to be addressed. Then we have a shot. Trying to stay positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post

The ILB's are a mess.

We need more out of the defensive line regarding a pass rush, but it's not awful.

The TE's showed life for the first time in what feels like forever. Not optimistic about that bunch.

The roster is...workable. We have hope at WR. We have wonderful RB's. Paradis is hurt now but he's a splendid center. Still concerned about the guards, but it's not critical mass. We have wonderful OLB's and pass rush depth.

Hard salary cap.

How, and please include the relevant economic issues that will allow this team to address...

The DB situation
    ILBs situation
    The OL situation
    And
    The QB situation

Must be able to keep Von Miller or else there will be an edge rushing problem.

How to also have enough' money to pay Chubb in 4 years when he is up for contract.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Hard salary cap.

How, and please include the relevant economic issues that will allow this team to address...

The DB situation
    ILBs situation
    The OL situation
    And
    The QB situation

Must be able to keep Von Miller or else there will be an edge rushing problem.

How to also have enough' money to pay Chubb in 4 years when he is up for contract.

Thanks
    All teams deal with the salary cap. Some franchises continue to thrive, others don't.

We used to be able to find corners all over the place. I still have faith that we can find them in the draft, FA, UDFA, etc.

The ILB situation we've spent some picks on. Might have to continue on with that.

Regarding the OL, we're about to be free of a large contract via Veldheer. In a year or so Bolles will be gone, so that will free up some money, assuming he isn't moved to RT or improves.

QB situation is either a draft or being able to find another one when we're done with Keenum's contract.

Chubb in four years...we have four years to work around that.

Von Miller's next deal won't be as massive as this one. He won't command that type of money.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

The ILB's are a mess.

you don't need, and can't get, all-pros at every spot. . . the coaches and the QB are what's mostly holding this team back. . . this offense would look SO much better with a capable QB, even with the O-line injuries. . . and you know this, man! the problems on defense are more coaching than anything. . . yes, we would also really benefit from another stud corner, but we have the rush to cover for average secondary play-- as long as it's deployed correctly. . . you can get by with average ILBs and safeties. . . the line is fine-- doesn't mean they could use another shop wrecker, but who couldn't?

over the next two off-seasons, we mostly need to find a QB, and probably another corner and O-tackle. . . they're tough spots to fill, but good drafting can get it done-- particularly with another year or two of high picks to work with. . . spots like ILB, interior OL, safety and TE can be addressed with later picks, and free agent dollars. . . finding the correct coach/QB combo is the trick. . . if we can successfully solve that riddle, the rest will fall into place. . . the fact that this team has played close games again the rams, chiefs (twice), and texans tells me we're really not that far off. . .

everything starts with making a smart coaching hire in january. . . get that right, and there's no reason this team can't make a two year turnaround, and open another window for contending. . .

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Why did Keenum play good last year? Fluke year?

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you don't need, and can't get, all-pros at every spot. . . the coaches and the QB are what's mostly holding this team back. . . this offense would look SO much better with a capable QB, even with the O-line injuries. . . and you know this, man! the problems on defense are more coaching than anything. . . yes, we would also really benefit from another stud corner, but we have the rush to cover for average secondary play-- as long as it's deployed correctly. . . you can get by with average ILBs and safeties. . . the line is fine-- doesn't mean they could use another shop wrecker, but who couldn't?

over the next two off-seasons, we mostly need to find a QB, and probably another corner and O-tackle. . . they're tough spots to fill, but good drafting can get it done-- particularly with another year or two of high picks to work with. . . spots like ILB, interior OL, safety and TE can be addressed with later picks, and free agent dollars. . . finding the correct coach/QB combo is the trick. . . if we can successfully solve that riddle, the rest will fall into place. . . the fact that this team has played close games again the rams, chiefs (twice), and texans tells me we're really not that far off. . .

everything starts with making a smart coaching hire in january. . . get that right, and there's no reason this team can't make a two year turnaround, and open another window for contending. . .

I don't expect all pros anywhere sans or two spots.

We agree on the QB. Keenum is able to have 'efficient' games that mask how many obvious and big throws he misses. I literally highlighted QB. We need another corner. Not necessarily an all-pro, but someone good. We have one capable cornerback.

We don't seem to have average ILB's and safeties. The two losers we trot out there aren't playmakers, or even good. Every single time I see Simmons run backwards because he knows he can't tackle some guys head on, just to blow a TD in coverage...I hate it. He used to be more aggressive.

Don't fall in love with close games, Dog. A lot of losing teams are in it till the end.

As I said, if we make those changes we certainly have a shot. I think you read a lot of negativity into my post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Yes, it happens. Plus the Vikings defense was #1 in the NFL. Not so this year.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I trust numerous bad years over 1 good year. :shrugs:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yes, it happens. Plus the Vikings defense was #1 in the NFL. Not so this year.
    Thielen, the WR, is starting to be recognized as a top ten/top five WR in the game. Diggs is a wonderful second option.

That big ole TE they have is a decent longstanding player. Nothing great but definitely a NFL caliber guy.

He had a wonderful team around him. He also played against a banged up division. Lightning in a bottle and now we're throttled.

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I miss Buff.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just trying to find the beacon of light for y’all when Keenum is our QB again next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Just trying to find the beckon of light for y’all when Keenum is our QB again next year.
    If VJ and Keenum are here next year i think i actually might take the year off.

Just trying to find the beacon of light for y’all when Keenum is our QB again next year.
    I think there is a very real chance CK is our QB next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think there is a very real chance CK is our QB next year.
    If that happens i may lose faith in Elway.

20. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information