Denver's QB room is gonna be 10x better than before

Keenum
    Hogan
    Grayson (after Kelly fiasco)

Flacco
    Lock
    Rypien

Wtf is the problem? Its an embarassment of riches in comparison
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

All hail the undrafted Kubiak type QB. Boost him up and talk about how it wouldn't be shocking for him to be the "heir," per Warhorse. Then get defensive about said QB and post his college numbers.

/shit

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Hes a scrub without you watching any of his play or his 90+ TD passes huh

Not a single person here said he's better than Lock. Please stop.
    I'm sure he's watched highlights.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All hail the undrafted Kubiak type QB. Boost him up and talk about how it wouldn't be shocking for him to be the "heir," per Warhorse. Then get defensive about said QB and post his college numbers.

/shit
    You did see my OP clamoring for him LAST YEAR right!?

They got not one but TWO talented young QBs and all you wanna do is trash Rypien and War's comment ?

Competition is good. It will push Lock all the more

To say he has no talent is ridiculous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Hes a scrub without you watching any of his play or his 90+ TD passes huh

Not a single person here said he's better than Lock. Please stop.
    I'm sure he's watched highlights.
    I dont doubt for a second that he did not.

You did see my OP clamoring for him LAST YEAR right!?

They got not one but TWO talented young QBs and all you wanna do is trash Rypien and War's comment ?

Competition is good. It will push Lock all the more

To say he has no talent is ridiculous.
    Great, so you've like a lousy QB who can't even get drafted for quite some time?

Rypien wasn't drafted. Because he's not talented. His best case scenario under any realism is career backup. I refuse to be excited about that type of player.

He is of low NFL talent. One day, if he gets a little lucky, he can become the next Case Keenum.

I dont doubt for a second that he did not.
    Yeah, I didn't think he was worth drafting. 32 GMs agree.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Great, so you've like a lousy QB who can't even get drafted for quite some time?

Rypien wasn't drafted. Because he's not talented. His best case scenario under any realism is career backup. I refuse to be excited about that type of player.

He is of low NFL talent. One day, if he gets a little lucky, he can become the next Case Keenum.
    Disagree. He wasn't blue chip talent but he has some skills.

I hope Lock is the future and I hope Rypien is good enough to be a good trade chip in a few years

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I hope Lock is the future and I hope Rypien is good enough to be a good trade chip in a few years
    He could absolutely be worth something in the future. Kid has skills. Keenum shouldn't be the example.

He was enough skills to maybe turn into someone TS. That's his ceiling. Much ado about nothing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

He was enough skills to maybe turn into someone TS. That's his ceiling. Much ado about nothing.
    Are you using a wisdom of crowds theory with your draft round stamping on a prospect's value? It seems solid but not as ironclad you would want to make it seem. Why do you argue it so vehemently? If Tom Brady didn't have such an average arm, I could see where you are going with this. With so much of the game between the ears, and so much of making it to the game with something between the ears dependent on character attributes, I could see it. If it was just a track meet, I'm with you.

I can never understand your ultimatum style prejudgment. I know you are a sharp guy though, and I don't take your opinions lightly

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Not a single person clamored for him as the next PM or JE. I thought of him as a cheap arm with some experience, but to say the kid has no talent or anything is ridiculous.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Are you using a wisdom of crowds theory with your draft round stamping on a prospect's value? It seems solid but not as ironclad you would want to make it seem. Why do you argue it so vehemently? If Tom Brady didn't have such an average arm, I could see where you are going with this. With so much of the game between the ears, and so much of making it to the game with something between the ears dependent on character attributes, I could see it. If it was just a track meet, I'm with you.

I can never understand your ultimatum style prejudgment. I know you are a sharp guy though, and I don't take your opinions lightly
    Wah wah wah Brett Rypien sucks because I say so wah wah wah

Wah wah wah Brett Rypien sucks because I say so wah wah wah
    Well, 32 other GMs agree that he's not worth drafting.

And let's see, why would I not want a weak armed QB? Is it because they can't challenge the entire field? Is it because they tend to make it easier to defend against the run because of that? Is it beacuse they can't work the sidelines, thus hurting them and the team when it's a two minute drill? Is it because they want the talent of speedy/athletic WRs? Is it beacuse we've literally had a slew of them come in and stink up the joint?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brett-rypien

In that he recruits his full body to generate velocity, does not have amazing arm strength, and throws to the sideline will peter out if he can't set a clean base. Likewise, is strained to his limit when attacking outside of the numbers deep, and will frequently put the ball closer to the numbers than to the sideline, which gives CBs plenty of room to make a play. Panics under pressure and often makes ill-advised "hope" throws when under duress; not an escapist. Little small for NFL standards.

See that bolded part right there? That's a hallmark of TS and Keenum. Hard ******* pass.

16. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Well, 32 other GMs agree that he's not worth drafting.

And let's see, why would I not want a weak armed QB? Is it because they can't challenge the entire field? Is it because they tend to make it easier to defend against the run because of that? Is it beacuse they can't work the sidelines, thus hurting them and the team when it's a two minute drill? Is it because they want the talent of speedy/athletic WRs? Is it beacuse we've literally had a slew of them come in and stink up the joint?

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/brett-rypien

In that he recruits his full body to generate velocity, does not have amazing arm strength, and throws to the sideline will peter out if he can't set a clean base. Likewise, is strained to his limit when attacking outside of the numbers deep, and will frequently put the ball closer to the numbers than to the sideline, which gives CBs plenty of room to make a play. Panics under pressure and often makes ill-advised "hope" throws when under duress; not an escapist. Little small for NFL standards.

See that bolded part right there? That's a hallmark of TS and Keenum. Hard ******* pass.

I think your points are valid. Rypien could end up being a PS player, theres no doubt.

We all know there are 32 GMs that agreed he wasnt worth drafting....good point.

In my book, the draft is so much about potential, floor and ceiling.

Rypien doesnt seem to have a lot of room to go up physically.

But his production in college is comparable to all.

Thats why I think Joe Dineen will be playing soon.....just look at the mans production. 142 tackles last year...109 solo. Thats stinking production. Reminds me of Trevathan.

Rypien played well and produced as well. We can talk about level of competition, etc.....but remember....that same level surrounds the man on his own team.

Production.......that always has a chance in the NFL.

To me anyway.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

18. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information