2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Bump from earlier discussion in Flacco thread.

Could def be coming to Denver now that Lock is out likely at 10 and they go after another QB in 2nd or 3rd Rd

Elway and Co. did meet with him after Shrine game
    Last edited by Shazam!; 02-19-2019 at 12:51 PM.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

Could def be coming to Denver now that Lock is out likely at 10 and they go after another QB in 2nd or 3rd Rd

Why is Lock out? I must have missed something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

I cant see them Drafting Lock after Flacco with all the needs? Hey if they do, GREAT, but talent can be found in later rounds
    Last edited by Shazam!; 02-19-2019 at 01:12 PM.

6. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think the conventional wisdom is that since we got Flacco we won't draft a QB at 10

8. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I think the conventional wisdom is that since we got Flacco we won't draft a QB at 10
    If lock is there at 10 I guarantee they draft him. They are not going to move up though.

I forsee a situation where Lock is gone before 10. We trade back a few spots w Miami or Washington maybe....And possibly one more time to load up on ammo for next year- and this year grab a CB. I see that.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    If lock is there at 10 I guarantee they draft him. They are not going to move up though.

I forsee a situation where Lock is gone before 10. We trade back a few spots w Miami or Washington maybe....And possibly one more time to load up on ammo for next year- and this year grab a CB. I see that.

This is what I think the Broncos will do as well. If Lock is gone I’d like to see them trade back. I see us drafting a mid to late round QB still
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Maybe I doubt it. Trading for Flacco can but not necessarily mean that Elway likes Lock but doesn't think he'll fall all the way to the 10th pick. It can just as easily mean Elway isn't comfortable with Lock and or Haskins for that matter. I think the trade for Flacco means that Elway is looking to 2020 or 2021 for his quarterback of the future.

The second paragraph in your post I think is a real possibility. It may not necessarily be a corner but I see that happening.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 02-19-2019 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Maybe I doubt it. Trading for Flacco can but not necessarily mean that Elway likes Lock but doesn't think he'll fall all the way to the 10th pick. It can just as easily mean Elway isn't comfortable with Lock and or Haskins for that matter. I think the trade for Flacco means that Elway is looking to 2020 or 2021 for his quarterback of the future.

The second paragraph in your post I think is a real possibility. It may not necessarily be a corner but I see that happening.

While I do not disagree, and do 100% think a 2020 QB is the plan (herbert is my guess unless he bombs next year), we do know that:

Elway does indeed Love Lock!
    Elway personally told Lock that he will be a top 10 pick this year.
    So Elway does view lock as worthy of the 10 pick.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, Elway nor the rest of us seem to think he will last to 10. From what I am hearing it is looking more and more likely that the giants are going haskins and that jags are a wild card, but Washington and Miami are both going to try and move into the top 10. Also, is seems like one of the playoff teams (chargers, pats, etc) is trying to feel out costs to move into range.

So, I agree that we will not get Lock. I agree Lock will go before 10 and I do agree with you that 2020 seems to be the target. However, if Lock does fall to 10, based on Elways infatuation with him and his direct quote to lock about being a top 10 pick, I think we would have another Bradley chubb situatiuon. They didnt expect him to be there and will pull the trigger if so.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

While I do not disagree, and do 100% think a 2020 QB is the plan (herbert is my guess unless he bombs next year), we do know that:

Elway does indeed Love Lock!
    Elway personally told Lock that he will be a top 10 pick this year.
    So Elway does view lock as worthy of the 10 pick.

Buuuuuuuuuuuut, Elway nor the rest of us seem to think he will last to 10. From what I am hearing it is looking more and more likely that the giants are going haskins and that jags are a wild card, but Washington and Miami are both going to try and move into the top 10. Also, is seems like one of the playoff teams (chargers, pats, etc) is trying to feel out costs to move into range.

So, I agree that we will not get Lock. I agree Lock will go before 10 and I do agree with you that 2020 seems to be the target. However, if Lock does fall to 10, based on Elways infatuation with him and his direct quote to lock about being a top 10 pick, I think we would have another Bradley chubb situatiuon. They didnt expect him to be there and will pull the trigger if so.

This is where I stand right now as well. I don’t think we trade up for a QB....but if lock is in our lap at 10 i think we pull that trigger......if not then i think CB, OL or a BPA is in play.....i have said all along i love the position were in because we could potentially land a Franchise QB(which is a need) or a blue chip defensive player. I was more worried about last years draft then this one...I only believed in Mayfield last year, and was still not even a big fan of Darnold. Once Cleveland Picked Mayfield i thought we were screwed. I had zero inkling Chubb would make it to our pick....it worked out great but i had far more concern last year about what would happen then this year....luckily the top 5 picks pretty much all panned out very well....i love some of the options for us at 10....a bunch of them fill needs and are blue chip prospects...you cant predict the future but our standing at 10 feels pretty good right now to get a impact player to fill a need. Wether that’s lock as a future franchise guy, a CB, A tackle, or a DL player...were sitting pretty....lets just hope we don’t draft a TE at 10 though that would piss me off more then trading for Flacco....lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

I just wish Elway had the stones for trade up for Haskins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I just wish Elway had the stones for trade up for Haskins.
    He has the stones, Baskin Haskins isnt worth it tho.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

He has the stones, Baskin Haskins isnt worth it tho.
    Paxton Lynch took Elway's manhood.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

20. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Why are you sold on Haskins

Why are you sold on Haskins
    He had a great season in spite of a lot of adversity. He's clearly a physical talent, but he doesn't run much and is a pocket passer. His accuracy was top notch. His leadership skills were high. He didn't shrink in big games. He basically checked every box except playing a second season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information