Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos take issue with Chiefs' use of linemen on option

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos take issue with Chiefs' use of linemen on option

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Denver Broncos don't argue that the Chiefs offense is among the league's best.

They don't argue that quarterback Patrick Mahomes is having an MVP-like season. And they don't argue that they've lost twice to the Chiefs in the last four weeks and they don't like it.

They do argue that the Chiefs are bending the rules on downfield blocking when they put Mahomes in some of their most successful plays on offense -- the run-pass options, or RPOs.

"What's that cutoff point for an offensive lineman to be legally down the field in pass pro?'' said defensive end Derek Wolfe. "When is a guy offsides and when is he not? Is it 12 yards now?"
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-rules-linemen

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Officiating was weird yesterday. I never, ever want to blame the zebras for the outcome of a game, but it can be a factor. Especially when we get a 22 yard Lindsey run called back because McGovern tapped a guy on the shoulder. Shoot, I've tapped old ladies harder than that when letting them know they can have my seat in a crowded room...

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

The article is very interesting and explains exactly why the Broncos feel what KC is doing is against the rules, and they should be flagged.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

We lost, simple as that.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    We lost, simple as that.
    Wouldn't be a broncos loss without the refs being blamed.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Officiating has sucked for decades. Why complain now?

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

It's hard to ignore the windfall the NFL receives from "good narratives" when asserting the impartiality of rules enforcement.

I'm not saying that it's rigged, just that the means and motive are there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

12. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Is this the same as how 30 other teams were complaining about the Broncos zone blocking and chop blocking for years?

How far they have fallen.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Is this the same as how 30 other teams were complaining about the Broncos zone blocking and chop blocking for years?

How far they have fallen.
    no for one ZB is legal
    for two the broncos cut blocked which again was legal

however an offensive lineman blocking ten yards down field on a pass play is illegal in any book

15. The Following User High Fived arapaho2 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

We lost, simple as that.
    This doesn’t have bearing on whether officials missed calls or not. Yes, the Broncos lost when they had chances. That doesn’t excuse the referees if they made horrible calls or allowed, repeatedly, illegal blocks.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This doesn’t have bearing on whether officials missed calls or not. Yes, the Broncos lost when they had chances. That doesn’t excuse the referees if they made horrible calls or allowed, repeatedly, illegal blocks.
    Missed calls happen in every game, the Broncos still had chances and failed. They lost, period. Quit whining about missed calls, they happen even in favor of Denver. I didnt think i would actually have to explain that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Missed calls happen in every game, the Broncos still had chances and failed. They lost, period. Quit whining about missed calls, they happen even in favor of Denver. I didnt think i would actually have to explain that.
    You don’t have to explain shit to me. I get your point. I realize not all calls go against the Broncos all the time. In fact, I’m usually with Spiker defending referees. Yesterday seemed like an extra poor performance by the referees in the Denver game and I’m curious if the team’s complaints have merit. It’s common for fans to complain about refs. It’s not for the coach and the players.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Both teams were penalized a lot yesterday, it certainly was not one sided. Wolfe is known to wear his emotions on his sleeve so i see this nothing more than frustration from a guy one a losing team in a losing season. Nothing more, nothing less.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    . .. and I’m curious if the team’s complaints have merit.
    Yeah, I wish Legwold or somebody would put some video up pinpointing what Wolfe and VJ are talking about, or disproving it either way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Yeah, I wish Legwold or somebody would put some video up pinpointing what Wolfe and VJ are talking about, or disproving it either way.
    The All 24 should be available tonight. I plan on looking.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information