Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Sanders doesnt know if he wants to be a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You said it was everyone else’s fault that Case Keenum sucks, so why keep Sanders if he’s responsible for Keenum being a backup talent?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Noah Fant

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I love him as a player, even more so than DT which is why im not shedding any tears about DT. But, if Sanders feels he does not want to be in Denver than i do take issue with that. As i said before, its a business and players get moved all the time but if he is taking it personally and is unsure if he wants to be a Bronco than the door is that way ------>
    ES is astud and could fit in here perfectly, if we could get a offensive line in place. Bolles looks like abust, move him to RT and draft whoever inthe **** is alabamas's LT. Tell Max to either grow some or hit thr road. Draft 6he entire remaining picks/players for a stud CB and a stud FS.

4. The Following User High Fived horsepig For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    A LOT of players will want to be here when you have a decent QB. We saw the epitome of that with Peyton Manning. He was so good players would take a pay cut to come and play here, just to be with Peyton, because they knew they had an excellent chance of winning a SB with him, because up till he arrived in Denver, he had averaged 12 wins a season, and had already won a SB.

And after he arrived here the team won 13, 13, 12, and 12 games and won a SB.

NOBODY is giving the Broncos any "discounts" to come and play with a Trevor or a Case - and probably lose 8-12 games again next year. They might be a lot better pleased and want to be here if we got a really good QB.
    Neil Smith, an all-time great Chiefs' DE clearly spells out at the 1:45-50 mark of the following video exactly why he came here in '97:

I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

6. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    You said it was everyone else’s fault that Case Keenum sucks, so why keep Sanders if he’s responsible for Keenum being a backup talent?
    That makes even less sense than your last comment, if possible.

Keenum is the reason Keenum is mediocre. Sanders is currently 11th in the league in receptions. That's about a realistic measure of his ability. He's about top 10, but definitely not in a class with the top WRs like Adam Thielen, Michael Thomas, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. He's also not getting paid like Odell Beckham either.

Odell Beckham has a $65m guaranteed contract, Mike Evans of Tampa has $55m guaranteed. D.T. had $14m guaranteed if he was on the roster next season so they traded him while they could. Sanders will get $12m next season if he stays, which would make him the 13th highest paid WR, so he's slightly underpaid based on his performance, but not wildly so.

So, why would they want to get rid of him, except to dump salary next season or get more draft picks?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Lolololololololololol

Yeah, I’m the one that doesn’t make sense.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by horsepig View Post
    ES is astud and could fit in here perfectly, if we could get a offensive line in place. Bolles looks like abust, move him to RT and draft whoever inthe **** is alabamas's LT. Tell Max to either grow some or hit thr road. Draft 6he entire remaining picks/players for a stud CB and a stud FS.
    This is a bad year to want Bama’s LT, he’s a G in the NFL.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Lolololololololololol

Yeah, I’m the one that doesn’t make sense.
    Correct! You're finally getting it. I'm right and you are almost always wrong.

11. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

This is a bad year to want Bama’s LT, he’s a G in the NFL.
    Ya know, I hear that shit all the time about college Tackles, especially from the SEC programs (UGA, Bama, LSU, etc) and it makes me wonder. If they’re such shitty players, how come their teams are so damned good and their QB’s are sacked so rarely? They play top talent nearly every week. Monster D linemen from other SEC schools most likely to also be drafted, and yet, their QBs still live. Go ahead and tell me that Bolles would’ve survived playing LT in the SEC west and still been a first round pick.

I just don’t buy it. It’s honestly not all about measurables. Players have to play and win against tough competition. They don’t play in the SEC unless they have talent, discipline, and at least a little football smarts. It’s just the way it is.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Ya know, I hear that shit all the time about college Tackles, especially from the SEC programs (UGA, Bama, LSU, etc) and it makes me wonder. If they’re such shitty players, how come their teams are so damned good and their QB’s are sacked so rarely? They play top talent nearly every week. Monster D linemen from other SEC schools most likely to also be drafted, and yet, their QBs still live. Go ahead and tell me that Bolles would’ve survived playing LT in the SEC west and still been a first round pick.

I just don’t buy it. It’s honestly not all about measurables. Players have to play and win against tough competition. They don’t play in the SEC unless they have talent, discipline, and at least a little football smarts. It’s just the way it is.
    It’s not that he’s a shitty player, it’s that he has 32” arms, he might also be a ZBS only player.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Kubiak doesn’t care about measurables though, especially on the OL, so we got that going for us ... if mediocre is what floats your boat. And Jonah Williams is just what he’s got a hardon for, hopefully Elway’s aversion to Bama players wins out.

Say what you want about Bolles but he is the “great athlete” that Kubiak told us Sampro was, with far better measurables. He’s a far better player too.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

The deficiencies are hid across the board by scheme and the college game. There are many scouts that have said for years the OT classes just aren't that great. Right now The best Tackle in this class is from Ole miss, not Alabama, but he will go top ten just because of the demand, when realistically he is late first early 2nd rd talent. No guarantee of what he does in the pros. Technique is the biggest thing. I like Bolles, and think he is fine as a LT, but technique is still an issue. Not sure if that's because we have horrible coaching or bad scheme. My thought is the scheme we run doesn't fit most of our team on offense. We run crazy deep routes at WR at times, don't run the ball enough and ask Keenum to drop to far back and stay in the pocket. None of this matches up with our skill players. its why Musgrave has to go. We need coaches that can adjust stuff to their players not getting ego driven and force a round peg into a square hole.

I wager if Kubiak was the coach right now we would be a playoff team, our TE's and backs would be balling, DT and Sanders would be killing it deep from Keenum on play action and we would have a 2005 type offense again. Why because that's how the team is built. We built a team for kubiak, but got a OC who loves to spread it out lol.....

This is probably some of what DT was alluding to about listening to the players and adjusting throughout the game, we have no coach capable of that. Todays College game just doesn't coach the tackles as well as past decades the game is quicker, faster and more spread out, which means tackles can get away with poor technique and elite athleticism. This is what happened with Bolles I think.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information