Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Sanders doesnt know if he wants to be a Bronco

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's still a fancy way of saying toxic. Gotta be fancy pants Mr English man.
    You're toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    You're toxic
    You are not wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Don't need any player who doesn't want to be apart of this organization. With that being said, I can see why Sanders doesn't want to be here. He's a veteran receiver and every year is precious when you're competing for a SB. We have absolute trash QB's since Peyton retired. I don't blame him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    Don't need any player who doesn't want to be apart of this organization. With that being said, I can see why Sanders doesn't want to be here. He's a veteran receiver and every year is precious when you're competing for a SB. We have absolute trash QB's since Peyton retired. I don't blame him.
    He didn't say he doesn't want to be here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    He didn't say he doesn't want to be here.
    Read between the lines

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

DT did not want to be here, instead he wanted another payday. Glad we don't have the likes of him taking up a roster spot. If he really loved the broncos he would have restructured

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

DT did not want to be here, instead he wanted another payday. Glad we don't have the likes of him taking up a roster spot. If he really loved the broncos he would have restructured
    You're being facetious, right?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You're being facetious, right?
    Yeah - totally, but this seems to be the logic being used against Sanders and to me it makes no sense.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Yeah - totally, but this seems to be the logic being used against Sanders and to me it makes no sense.
    Oh, OK. I agree.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    And that is precisely WHY the Broncos should keep Sanders!

IF we go out and get a decent QB in the draft next year, somebody who . . . .say, doesn't suck, for instance, then Sanders is going to want to be here.

A LOT of players will want to be here when you have a decent QB. We saw the epitome of that with Peyton Manning. He was so good players would take a pay cut to come and play here, just to be with Peyton, because they knew they had an excellent chance of winning a SB with him, because up till he arrived in Denver, he had averaged 12 wins a season, and had already won a SB.

And after he arrived here the team won 13, 13, 12, and 12 games and won a SB.

NOBODY is giving the Broncos any "discounts" to come and play with a Trevor or a Case - and probably lose 8-12 games again next year. They might be a lot better pleased and want to be here if we got a really good QB.

Sanders is under contract. So, he might not really want to be here, but they can say, "show up and do your job if you want to get paid, because we're not trading you. And if you start dogging it, your FA value will quickly tank lower than whale shit because we will let the entire league know about that. And they would learn, even if we didn't because the NFL is like a couple of gossipy house-wives talking over the back fence. Everybody knows everybody else's business in detail because they all talk to each other all the time about everything.

So, he'll be here if they want him. And if the QB is good he'll want to be here because he'll have a successful season, and then hit FA at maximum value.

He'll be eyeing DeAndre Hopkins money:

DeAndre Hopkins signed a 5 year, $81,000,000 contract with the Houston Texans, including a $7,500,000 signing bonus, $49,000,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $16,200,000. In 2018, Hopkins will earn a base salary of $12,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $14,000,000 and a dead cap value of $18,500,000.
    I think you'll agree that's rather a lot and Sanders isn't Hopkins. But that contract was signed in 2017 and some contracts next year will easily eclipse that one. That will be 2nd tier WR contract $ next year.

Sanders is a legit #1 WR, but not in the top 5 WRs or something. Maybe if he had a decent QB he would look like D.T. circa 2012 or something.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

MO was gonna open a can of whoopass on you if you weren’t joking.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Amen brother! TD, Elway 4life 4restructuring!

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    And that is precisely WHY the Broncos should keep Sanders!

IF we go out and get a decent QB in the draft next year, somebody who . . . .say, doesn't suck, for instance, then Sanders is going to want to be here.

A LOT of players will want to be here when you have a decent QB. We saw the epitome of that with Peyton Manning. He was so good players would take a pay cut to come and play here, just to be with Peyton, because they knew they had an excellent chance of winning a SB with him, because up till he arrived in Denver, he had averaged 12 wins a season, and had already won a SB.

And after he arrived here the team won 13, 13, 12, and 12 games and won a SB.

NOBODY is giving the Broncos any "discounts" to come and play with a Trevor or a Case - and probably lose 8-12 games again next year. They might be a lot better pleased and want to be here if we got a really good QB.

Sanders is under contract. So, he might not really want to be here, but they can say, "show up and do your job if you want to get paid, because we're not trading you. And if you start dogging it, your FA value will quickly tank lower than whale shit because we will let the entire league know about that. And they would learn, even if we didn't because the NFL is like a couple of gossipy house-wives talking over the back fence. Everybody knows everybody else's business in detail because they all talk to each other all the time about everything.

So, he'll be here if they want him. And if the QB is good he'll want to be here because he'll have a successful season, and then hit FA at maximum value.

He'll be eyeing DeAndre Hopkins money:

I think you'll agree that's rather a lot and Sanders isn't Hopkins. But that contract was signed in 2017 and some contracts next year will easily eclipse that one. That will be 2nd tier WR contract $ next year.

Sanders is a legit #1 WR, but not in the top 5 WRs or something. Maybe if he had a decent QB he would look like D.T. circa 2012 or something.
    Why keep Sanders when he’s the reason Case Keenum is just Case Keenum? Cugel?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

They didn't give him the chance of course. Elway didn't want him to remain because they needed the $10m they would pay him next year. Even at 1/2 of that he'd still be too expensive when they could get Courtland Sutton on a rookie salary to do the job.

It has NOTHING to do with DT "not wanting" to be a Bronco. It has everything to do with the Broncos not wanting him because they drafted a rookie to replace him and that guy is younger and costing much less. It's simple cap-economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Why keep Sanders when he’s the reason Case Keenum is just Case Keenum? Cugel?
    This is the most incomprehensible statement. What does it even mean? Keenum is Keenum because he's Keenum of course. He is what he is - a mediocre QB who would stay mediocre no matter who he has.

The results would be better if he had a TE like Kyle Rudolph, or an offensive line that could pass-block, like he had in MN last year, but that wouldn't change Keenum.

They might conclude they can get by with Sutton and Hamilton as the starters and trade Sanders in the off-season of course. That's because they might want to put his salary to other uses.

But, Sanders is by far the most talented player on offense right now and he'll remain good next year too. It's not even close.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information