Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: DT AND a 7th rounder for a 4th round

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Cool, trade an All-Time Great Bronco for what will inevitably be another useless college team captain.
    No emo. Can’t be. Bay Bay understands it. Few if any players go out on their own terms. I’m glad he’s getting paid.

Oh. And he beat the ******* Steelers.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Round 1: Own selection
    Round 2: Own selection
    Round 3: Own selection
    Round 4: Own selection
    Round 4: Texans selection (Traded DT to Houston)
    Round 5: Own selection
    Round 5: Vikings selection (Traded Siemian to Minnesota)
    Round 6: Own selection
    Round 7: Own Selection
    Round 7: Texans selection?? (Traded DT to Houston)

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

He’s gonna come back in a couple years with his name on the stadium and a shiny SB50 ring and all will be well.

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This trade worked out well for both teams. Houston gets another piece to help make a playoff run and we get a pick for a player whose days were likely numbered here anyway. Going to be very strange seeing him play against us right off the bat though.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This trade worked out well for both teams. Houston gets another piece to help make a playoff run and we get a pick for a player whose days were likely numbered here anyway. Going to be very strange seeing him play against us right off the bat though.
    I think DT will not be playing this Sunday against Broncos. He has so much to learn Texans' playbook, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    I think DT will not be playing this Sunday against Broncos. He has so much to learn Texans' playbook, etc.
    Bill obrien runs the same pats system that DT played in under MCD. I think he'll be able to pick it up well enough to play at least a little.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    You might call BS on this, but we don't have the QB to take advantage of having 3 quality WR options. So what good is having DT here? We are 3-5 and looking like a good bet for a second consecutive losing season. DT is nearly 31 and not getting any younger. When we can finally get a franchise type QB, DT will be close to retirement. As painful as it is, we needed to get value out of DT while we could.
    I completely agree and understand what you are saying but this feels like a huge indictment of our FO and coaching. We could have gotten more for him last year, so if we were just going to resign ourselves to the same ******* stupid coaching staff and the same shitty QB mentality, we should have stockpiled picks and did the fire sale thing a while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

12. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

DT had four teams pining for him.

Dez is at home tweeting.

Warms my heart.

14. The Following 7 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I completely agree and understand what you are saying but this feels like a huge indictment of our FO and coaching. We could have gotten more for him last year, so if we were just going to resign ourselves to the same ******* stupid coaching staff and the same shitty QB mentality, we should have stockpiled picks and did the fire sale thing a while ago.
    I felt there was more value reworking his contract to stayandretire a bronco and show loyality. Behind Sutton all the rookies are unknown and have not impressed much outside of 2 catches from Patrick.

I feel coaching change would have been a better thing for this team now and long term. Rather then jetting the longest tenured bronco and locker room fav.

Elway sucks at drafting offense so Sutton is the only WR out of about 10 to be worth a damn. I doubt he hit a homerun with 2 WR in 1 draft class. We could be back to square one complain g we need a #3 again.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    I felt there was more value reworking his contract to stayandretire a bronco and show loyality. Behind Sutton all the rookies are unknown and have not impressed much outside of 2 catches from Patrick.

I feel coaching change would have been a better thing for this team now and long term. Rather then jetting the longest tenured bronco and locker room fav.

Elway sucks at drafting offense so Sutton is the only WR out of about 10 to be worth a damn. I doubt he hit a homerun with 2 WR in 1 draft class. We could be back to square one complain g we need a #3 again.
    Close your eyes and imagine.

Texans cut him after this season

He comes back on a team friendly deal.

And we get the draft picks.

Open your eyes. And kiss me.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Which one of the white TEs with a season ending injury can we get in the 4th? I’m excited.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Which one of the white TEs with a season ending injury can we get in the 4th? I’m excited.
    Scheffler

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Scheffler
    If we could only be so lucky.

23. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post

Feels like we have a long way to go just to get back to square 1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

We are rebuilding anyway, square 1 was coming whether it is now or after the season.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information