Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I disagree. AD is going to resign, and having a star in his prime is a good way to get more talent, which makes for a great future. Also, Ingram has blood clot issues, Lonzo is limited as a shooter, and Hart is going to be a nice player, but not a great one. Draft picks aren't as valuable in the NBA as the NFL because there are far fewer star players each draft in the NBA.

The Lakers can either try to get a third star (it will be hard because of the trade date) or build out a well-rounded roster. Guys like J.J. Reddick, Tobias from Philly, etc. The fact that they kept Kuzmo, the man with the most synergy with LBJ is pretty good.

In order for this trade to be worth it, AD has to resign and the Lakers have to get a ring out of him at some point. Will that happen? I don't know. But I'd rather have him.
    As a Laker hater I'm very happy with this trade.
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    As a Laker hater I'm very happy with this trade.
    That's an odd stance since the Lakers killed this trade. They kept their best young piece in kuzma, got rid of the 4th pick in a 3 player draft, a couple of picks that will likely be in the 20s, and two mediocre young players. With the demise of the warriors the Lakers will be right up the with the favorites in the West this year.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That's an odd stance since the Lakers killed this trade. They kept their best young piece in kuzma, got rid of the 4th pick in a 3 player draft, a couple of picks that will likely be in the 20s, and two mediocre young players. With the demise of the warriors the Lakers will be right up the with the favorites in the West this year.
    Lake Show is back.

6. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And to be fair, while I did kinda shit on that trade from the Pelicans perspective, they did about as well as they could have in the deal. I'm not totally sold on all the pieces they got back, but they got back a big enough quantity of pieces that if even 2 of them hit, they will be in good shape. I just don't think the Lakers lost any piece that would have been vital to their chances to contend.

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

And to be fair, while I did kinda shit on that trade from the Pelicans perspective, they did about as well as they could have in the deal. I'm not totally sold on all the pieces they got back, but they got back a big enough quantity of pieces that if even 2 of them hit, they will be in good shape. I just don't think the Lakers lost any piece that would have been vital to their chances to contend.
    Yeah, David Griffin basically salvaged a situation. The Pelicans just got hosed by circumstances. If Kyrie stays in Boston, Tatum is on the table. If the Nets didn't unload some of those picks earlier, they might get a better haul on the picks. L.A. unloaded some of its assets earlier, too.

The upside for them is that Ingram is a good player and played for a coach who didn't develop talent well. The blood clot medical is in fact nowhere near what Bosh had (it sucks his career ended). Lonzo Ball is at least a top notch defender and passer. And Hart has enough talent to maybe turn into a three point shooter who can start after a little more development. He's shown he's pretty damn good off the bench, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Brother Wave, join us. If for nothing else...BRON BRON!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Getting that knuckle dragger LeVar Ball out of their hair is the best part of that trade.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Getting that knuckle dragger LeVar Ball out of their hair is the best part of that trade.
    He is annoying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I was talking about that yesterday with my son.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Kawhy might be coming...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Kawhy might be coming...
    They can't afford him.

They can't afford him.
    He’d have to take a haircut, but reports are that he is considering it.

I doubt it happens but...

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I’m so happy for the NBA ... er, I mean Lakers.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Bron Bron should be banned for life for tampering.

Douche bag.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default The Lakers Landed Anthony Davis and Still Managed to Screw Up Their Team

Learning the NBA’s salary cap is like learning what constitutes a catch in pro football. It seems like it should be basic. Teams pay players; teams are limited in what they can pay players; that limit is determined by league revenue. But then come the other considerations. What did Ricky Rubio’s designated player contract have to do with Kevin Love’s deal in 2011? Why are the Pistons still paying Josh Smith? Where do cash considerations go when they grow up? Did the pinky nail survive contact with the ground before or after the ball was bobbled?

The cap is complicated, but fans also care more about its inner workings than they ever have before. Understanding a team’s salary situation allows fans to more intimately backseat-drive the decision-making of the real GM. A bunch of numbers and clauses help determine whether your team will be shitty just this year, or shitty for the next five. And that’s why fans read up on it, why Reddit threads do explainers, and why Bobby Marks has 124,000 Twitter followers. (The trivia slaps, too.)
    rest - https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6...-ramifications

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

21. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information