Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 LastLast

Thread: Lakers Thread

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Yeah…not sure if you want to be throwing out the flopping card, but this just shows how these things go. Is what it is.
    He and Brady are the royal flush of flopping as long as you catch a Ginobly....no other 2 cards needed.
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    He and Brady are the royal flush of flopping as long as you catch a Ginobly....no other 2 cards needed.
    I have bad news…

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I have bad news…
    You’re holding the Ginobly?

5. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    You’re holding the Ginobly?
    I have REALLY BAD NEWS!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If we're going to fairly compare MJ and LeBron based on LeBron's team struggling this series, we have to look at what MJ was doing at age 38. Let's see, he, checks notes, going 37-45 for the Wizards and not even making the playoffs. But yeah LeBron is the choker for getting to the conference finals then losing. LeBron is objectively washed up compared to what he was in his prime, and he's still getting his teams to conference finals at an age where pretty much every other player is either retired or not even making the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If we're going to fairly compare MJ and LeBron based on LeBron's team struggling this series, we have to look at what MJ was doing at age 38. Let's see, he, checks notes, going 37-45 for the Wizards and not even making the playoffs. But yeah LeBron is the choker for getting to the conference finals then losing. LeBron is objectively washed up compared to what he was in his prime, and he's still getting his teams to conference finals at an age where pretty much every other player is either retired or not even making the playoffs.
    And what’s crazy is the foot injury; dude was arguably near top five then. Now he’s hovering around 8-10…with an injury that should have ended his season. Gets no credit for playing through it, though.

Regardless, dude is unworldly. Salvaged a horrid season. Next season we are in cap hell; so I’m enjoying this while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    This. I just like to troll King about Leflop. He's top 5 all time, but the only thing he is the goat of is being a bitch.
    How is he a bitch? I’m not a big LeBron fan but I don’t get this take. The dude is class, respectful to those who played before him, is a responsible husband and Dad to his kids. He ain’t no bitch.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    How is he a bitch? I’m not a big LeBron fan but I don’t get this take. The dude is class, respectful to those who played before him, is a responsible husband and Dad to his kids. He ain’t no bitch.
    MJ fans have this weird insecure obsession with LeBron where they have to downplay everything about him because he's a threat to MJ's legacy or something.

LeBron came into the NBA out of poverty, had no father figure growing up, and all the hype in the world as the next great player. Dude's HS games were on national TV as a sophomore. 99% of people would completely crumble under that pressure. Not only did he live up to and exceed the hype, but he's been a 100% model citizen on and off the court. Never one arrest or even ounce of legal trouble, no relationship scandals, he married his HS sweetheart and is still with her as an attentive father and husband, all the while maintaining his status as a historically great NBA player. Not to mention the mllions of his dollars and years of his time he has dedicated to opening a school in his hometown to serve other kids in underserved areas.

All anyone can find against him is that he's a little corny, flops sometimes, and has had a small handful of moments where he came just short in a big game. All this animosity because he might be encroaching on the legacy of a dude who played 30 years ago. It's absurd.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Lebron is without question a great player and person. MJ was a great player (probably the GOAT), but by many accounts he wasn't a very good dude off the court. I, of course, have zero idea as I don't personally know him. But his speech at Kobe's funeral was incredible, and gives some insight as to the person behind the legacy. If you haven't seen it, look it up on YouTube.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'll save you all the time:

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Lebron is without question a great player and person. MJ was a great player (probably the GOAT), but by many accounts he wasn't a very good dude off the court. I, of course, have zero idea as I don't personally know him. But his speech at Kobe's funeral was incredible, and gives some insight as to the person behind the legacy. If you haven't seen it, look it up on YouTube.
    I love the shit out of MJ: I wish I had it in me to be a dog like him. I’ve always been competitive; but I clumsy ever get that far.

Same reason I love Kobe and LBJ.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    MJ fans have this weird insecure obsession with LeBron where they have to downplay everything about him because he's a threat to MJ's legacy or something.

LeBron came into the NBA out of poverty, had no father figure growing up, and all the hype in the world as the next great player. Dude's HS games were on national TV as a sophomore. 99% of people would completely crumble under that pressure. Not only did he live up to and exceed the hype, but he's been a 100% model citizen on and off the court. Never one arrest or even ounce of legal trouble, no relationship scandals, he married his HS sweetheart and is still with her as an attentive father and husband, all the while maintaining his status as a historically great NBA player. Not to mention the mllions of his dollars and years of his time he has dedicated to opening a school in his hometown to serve other kids in underserved areas.

All anyone can find against him is that he's a little corny, flops sometimes, and has had a small handful of moments where he came just short in a big game. All this animosity because he might be encroaching on the legacy of a dude who played 30 years ago. It's absurd.
    If LBJ is a bitch then pretty much everyone here but like two people, out of the whole board’s history, is a bitch. I can’t fathom those expectations in the first place, let alone in the social media age.

They literally said his expectation, coming out of high school, was GOAT. That was his expectation level: GOAT/top five or bust.

I think folks have forgotten how many bad teams he carried AND how far he carried them. I think we also forget that in regard to being hacked, dude was only trumped by Shaq. That’s where the flopping started; he does flop. I hate to tell folks this, but people did back in the 90’s…

The reason why I push back so hard on this stuff isn’t because I think MJ doesn’t have a strong argument. I think Kareem has one, too. It’s that so many folks clearly overlook stuff and act like LBJ has t a strong case. So to correct this basketball cosmic error, I go hard for LBJ.

But I do specialize in slicing up bad MJ arguments: that long lost I made in response to Timmy was a pretty strong breakdown.

I grew up in Illinois, in the 90s, first name Mike, three to four hours from Chicago. I loved MJ so much I practiced his moves during halftime of Bulls games. I had to be calmed down during games at the Y because I liked to get into fights and confrontations just like him. I was atop the MJ love fest.

But there’s a certain point where the love and mythos has to be checked.

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Well, I’m sad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Well, I’m sad.
    I’m truly sorry for your loss. I know that you have been a diehard Laker fan for at least three years.

I am praying for your quick recovery!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I’m truly sorry for your loss. I know that you have been a diehard Laker fan for at least three years.

I am praying for your quick recovery!!
    Seven years, but you’re just being a ******** and quite frankly I will not hesitate to write from this board for at least twenty minutes

23. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information