Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

The Render
    ‏ @TheRenderMedia

Ramona Shelburne on ESPN: Lakers forgot about creating max space in the Anthony Davis trade and went back to Pelicans to try and rework trade

Report: Anthony Davis 'Doesn't Intend' to Waive Trade Kicker After Lakers Deal

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...er-lakers-deal

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

We really do have a pretty dumb GM.

It’s embarrassing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Find it funny that these Executives for the Lakers can't even figure out how to do the deal is so that they can have more cap room. They're totally screwed now. 20 million dollars in cap space do you still have to sign rookies equals zilch. So they got no way to get another piece to go with the core of a d and LeBron. So tell me again how the Lakers killed this trade. Factor in that the Pelicans basically control the Lakers first-round draft for the next 7 years and I can't think of how other than getting a very good player we can say that long-term the Lakers killed in this deal. Almost always the team that gets the better player wins the deal, but I think they're going to find the outlier on this one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Find it funny that these Executives for the Lakers can't even figure out how to do the deal is so that they can have more cap room. They're totally screwed now. 20 million dollars in cap space do you still have to sign rookies equals zilch. So they got no way to get another piece to go with the core of a d and LeBron. So tell me again how the Lakers killed this trade. Factor in that the Pelicans basically control the Lakers first-round draft for the next 7 years and I can't think of how other than getting a very good player we can say that long-term the Lakers killed in this deal. Almost always the team that gets the better player wins the deal, but I think they're going to find the outlier on this one.
    At the same time though, as they have bungled a bunch of the luxury tax moves within the trade and given up a bunch of picks, it’s highly unlikely any of those picks ever amount to a player with the talent of Anthony Davis.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I think both teams are better off.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    At the same time though, as they have bungled a bunch of the luxury tax moves within the trade and given up a bunch of picks, it’s highly unlikely any of those picks ever amount to a player with the talent of Anthony Davis.
    Yep.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    They are so desperate to become top dogs again that they dont think anything through instead shoot from the hip

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Lakers ship 3 to Wiz, open max space

The Los Angeles Lakers have maneuvered to create a maximum salary slot of $32 million in free agency, league sources tell ESPN.

Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka unloaded the contracts of Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones to the Washington Wizards to make the Anthony Davis deal with New Orleans a three-team trade, league sources tell ESPN.

Davis also agreed to waive his $4 million trade bonus, sources said -- which creates the additional space that will allow the Lakers to pursue a max-contract-level free agent, or divide the money among multiple players.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...open-max-space

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    They are so desperate to become top dogs again that they dont think anything through instead shoot from the hip
    Well, if the pieces they had before AD were so great, why did they fall apart without LBJ? Young pieces, sure, but these guys are about to be in the middle of their twenties, and they all have flaws, severe ones.

Ingram is only effective with the ball in his hand and he didn't have synergy with LBJ. He also has blood clot issues.

Lonzo has issues staying on the floor and shooting the ball.

Josh Hart is expected to be a bench player/role player, albeit he can shoot the three and I love him.

The draft picks, if in the middle of the round or worse, aren't a huge loss.

LA rebuilt for six years and amassed a treasure trove of young players and picks. It looks like they're going to be rewarded with either another great big three, and cheap ring chasing veterans, or two top stars and a deep roster.

There's nothing wrong with the course of action taken.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Waived his trade clause. Suddenly he’s in Space Jam 2. That’s not shady at all.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Waived his trade clause. Suddenly he’s in Space Jam 2. That’s not shady at all.
    Kawhi could get some of that sweet movie cash, too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Kawhi could get some of that sweet movie cash, too.
    Blatant cheating.

Blatant cheating.
    So long as it's not the Lakers doing it, and it's just LBJ, is it?

Regardless, spirit of the rules, it does feel crappy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Lakers gonna win it all. Cash money.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Lakers gonna win it all. Cash money.
    That bet you took out has to feel pretty solid.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information