Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers Thread

I don't know why he feels this way - Walton is a fine HC. At least I think so. LBJ has always been a bit of a coach killer, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sources: Lakers have offered improved Anthony Davis package

Los Angeles Lakers president Magic Johnson made a more robust bid for New Orleans Pelicans All-Star Anthony Davis on Monday, offering multiple young players, including Brandon Ingram and Kyle Kuzma, as well as draft picks and salary-cap relief to the Pelicans, league sources told ESPN.

Johnson and Pelicans general manager Dell Demps had multiple conversations on Monday, league sources said.

The details were not immediately clear on the Lakers' latest offer, but it was an attempt to start moving closer to satisfying the several elements that New Orleans would want in a deal for Davis. The Lakers want to strike a deal before Thursday's 3 p.m. ET trade deadline, but it is still unclear if the Lakers possess the full complement of assets to make New Orleans act prior to opening up the process to a broader array of teams, players and draft pick possibilities after the season.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...leans-pelicans

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I saw a rumor that the offer is Kuzma, Ingram, Stephenson, Rondo, Beasley and two firsts for Davis, but that mentions Ball too. That’s a lot of dudes, but there are no Dudes, so I wonder if New Orleans still balks hoping they can get Tatum in the summer.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Lakers waiting for counteroffer from Pelicans in Anthony Davis trade talks

Los Angeles Lakers president of basketball operations Magic Johnson wants the New Orleans Pelicans to start offering counter proposals to offers on All-Star Anthony Davis, threatening to end talks unless the Pelicans show a willingness to engage in a back-and-forth on reaching a deal, league sources told ESPN on Tuesday.

The Lakers on Monday night added two more young players -- Josh Hart and Ivica Zubac -- to a trade package that already included Brandon Ingram, Kyle Kuzma, Lonzo Ball and two first-round picks, sources said.

Johnson and Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka felt like they were beginning to bid against themselves in the process, but insist they'll add nothing more to a deal without Pelicans GM Dell Demps showing an increased engagement with the Lakers, league sources said.

The NBA's trade deadline is Thursday at 3 p.m. ET.
    rest - http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...is-trade-talks

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Here's how you can tell the NBA is rigged. CBS Sportsline, which is their odds and betting website, lists the top 7 teams in the Western Conference as 95% or better chance of making the playoffs. The current #8 seed is the 30-25 Clippers who are given just a 20% chance of securing a playoff spot. #9 Sacramento, who is 28-26, has just a 10.6% chance of reaching the playoffs. But the #10 seed, the 27-27 Los Angeles Lakers are given a 44% chance of making the playoffs!

What do you bet the Lakers make a miracle run the final weeks of the season (with the assistance of some timely whistles) to make the 8th seed? Then they can have a first-round matchup against Guess Who? - the Warriors in the 1-8 pairing to boost tv ratings and fan interest. OMG - no way the league will sideline LeBRAAAAAAA from the playoffs. Not the NBA's GOAT!! No way he can't single-handedly reach the playoffs, no way. The ghosts of Elgin and Wilt and Kareem and Magic and Kobe and Shaq would LTAO if the Greatest Of All Time misses the playoffs.

So I fully expect the Lakers to get every whistle known to man to get them into the 8 seed and even the smart money knows this!

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/standings/

When the media seems to elevate one player above the entire ******* league (like they did with MJ, like they did with Kobe), you CAN'T have that player miss the playoffs or why watch?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What a ridiculous post. The only reason the Lakers are the 10 seed right now is because LeBron missed 17 games. They were in the top 8 before he went out. Now that he's back is why their odds of getting in are so high.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What a ridiculous post. The only reason the Lakers are the 10 seed right now is because LeBron missed 17 games. They were in the top 8 before he went out. Now that he's back is why their odds of getting in are so high.
    And the Clippers odds have dropped because they fire-saled their best player two nights ago. LeBron doesn’t need a rigged system to make the playoffs. That’s idiotic.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Surprisingly, 538 is much more bullish on the clippers and less so on the Lakers. They have the clippers at 50% and the Lakers at 26%. I wonder if they have factored in that trade. Or maybe they just haven't been let in on this NBA conspiracy yet.

Adopted Bronco:

Default Lakers Fans Chant "We Want Kobe!" At LeBron James

Things for the Los Angeles Lakers and LeBron James have hit rock bottom Monday night after falling to the Los Angeles Clippers 113-105 in a game they had to have to keep pace for a playoff spot.

In the final moments of the Lakers loss, a group of Lakers fans were overheard chanting ‘We want Kobe!’ during LeBron’s free-throws attempts.

The Lakers as of right now are 6 games back of the Clippers for that final playoff spot and have just a 1% chance at making the playoffs. They find themselves trying to overcome not only a tough Western Conference, but an injury-riddled roster that includes Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Lance Stephenson, and Kyle Kuzma who injured his ankle late in the game.
    https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/co...-lebron-james/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

12. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

We suck. We suck so much.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Apparently trying to, very publicly, trade all your players can cause some morale issues when it doesn’t happen.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    We suck. We suck so much.
    We sorry.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Lol. Welcome to the west Bron Bron.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Lol. Welcome to the west Bron Bron.
    We suck

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I defended Lebron when everyone hated him. That changed when I saw what he does to his coaches and how he blames all his teammates for any failures. He treats his teammates like shit, is an egotistical and maniacal control freak, and then wonders why no stars want anything to do with joining up for his 3rd attempt at a superteam. He’s a terrible leader even though he thinks he is the best, he is a terrible GM (yes, a superstar of his status is the unofficial General Manager of the team, and if the team doesn’t like it then he’ll leave) and the guys he usually brings in are bad calls. I still think he is the best NBA player of all time, but as a person, teammate, leader, he’s waaaaaaay down the list. I hope he fails in L.A.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information