Page 31 of 49 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Lakers Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Los Angeles Lakers' LeBron James, Kyle Kuzma warned by NBA for violating anti-flopping rule

LeBron James and Kyle Kuzma both received warnings for violating the NBA's anti-flopping rule in the Los Angeles Lakers' 115-105 home win over the Memphis Grizzlies on Friday, the league announced.

The NBA said Saturday that James' violation occurred with 2 minutes, 33 seconds remaining in the second quarter when James, positioned between Dillon Brooks and Grayson Allen of the Grizzlies, fell to the floor while vying for a rebound.

Kuzma flopped with 6:31 remaining in the fourth quarter, according to the league. While guarding Brooks, Kuzma tried to draw an offensive foul on the Memphis wing by spinning and tumbling to the hardwood after Brooks put his shoulder down and initiated contact with Kuzma's hip.
    rest - https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-flopping-rule

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

It looks almost impossible for a repeat this year.

Last season I was appalled that the Lakers' number one seed was reduced to meaning nothing. Then I was appalled that after the Lakers won what amounted to the most difficult championship won in the history of the NBA, that we would get smacked with such a short layoff. Given the injuries we've had, that sense of appall was validated.

The only solace I have is that the Clippers flagrantly tanked to avoid us, which is hilarious.

The West is pretty wide open. The East will be determined by the mental makeup of the Nets.

What a season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It looks almost impossible for a repeat this year.

Last season I was appalled that the Lakers' number one seed was reduced to meaning nothing. Then I was appalled that after the Lakers won what amounted to the most difficult championship won in the history of the NBA, that we would get smacked with such a short layoff. Given the injuries we've had, that sense of appall was validated.

The only solace I have is that the Clippers flagrantly tanked to avoid us, which is hilarious.

The West is pretty wide open. The East will be determined by the mental makeup of the Nets.

What a season.
    I love LeBron but I could see Steph lighting them up tomorrow then Ja finishing the job after.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I love LeBron but I could see Steph lighting them up tomorrow then Ja finishing the job after.
    Ja is almost a top ten player already. But if he ventures into Laker town he will be humbled. The league needs to make him their face. Giannis is more of the good guy who is wholesome, but that's not a huge marketing winner. Zion is charismatic and fun, but given how he's going to have a short career, it's meh. Kawhi has no swagger and is a coward. Luka could be it, potentially. But I digress.

Curry is the second best point guard ever behind Magic. He could go off for 60 and humble us.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I see the officiating has reverted to "Anthony Davis is incapable of being fouled."

GS is primed to go on a big run.

Gross.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Caruso gets hacked, no call.

Green gets guarded by AD the same way AD is guarded by him, a foul is called.

It's just criminal.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

AD blatantly fouled shooting a three. A guy who never complains about calls. It's just frustrating. Yeah, Green is one of the best defenders in recent history, minimum. Probably an all-time defender. But at what point does one guy get to play 80's ball before it's a foul?

Green should have two, maybe three fouls on him.

Sigh. AD could help his case by hitting some open jumpers...but **** me running, at least call the obvious foul on a three-pointer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

And one of the worst offensive foul calls in the history of basketball is called on THT.

It just is what it is. Number one ranked defense in the league gets called for everything. Under-sized defensive team gets sympathy calls because the Lakers are oversized.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Bron how the **** are you going to flop like that?

Nah baby, oh **** no.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Schoeder gets hammered on a three pointer, nothing. AD fouled on the rebound, nothing. AD fouled on the points in the paint, nothing.

"Green with the great defensive play against Davis," Gundy exclaims...on a reach in.

How do you beat the MVP when you're a defensive grind team that isn't allowed to play commensurate ball like that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

LBJ with the best three pointer of the season. And the Lakers overcome the MVP, horrid officiating, and Schroeder being a turd.

12. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Playoff predictions:

Heat over the Bucks in seven.

Mavs over the Clippers in six.

Nets over the Celtics in five.

Sixers over the Wizards in five.

Blazers over the Suns in 7 (this is the absolute worst one I feel about because Joker is the second best player in the NBA, arguably the MVP, and MPJ is primed to go off).

Lakers over the Suns in 7.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Playoff predictions:

Heat over the Bucks in seven.

Mavs over the Clippers in six.

Nets over the Celtics in five.

Sixers over the Wizards in five.

Blazers over the Nugs in 7 (this is the absolute worst one I feel about because Joker is the second best player in the NBA, arguably the MVP, and MPJ is primed to go off).

Lakers over the Suns in 7.
    Heat over the Bucks looks worse

Mavs are right on schedule - if they win game two the clipper campaign is over.

Might have given the Celtics too much credit.

Nugs still got a shot. MPJ was up-and-down, but it'll pass.

Lakers...we are spent...the Suns are rested...

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Heat over the Bucks looks worse

Lakers...we are spent...the Suns are rested...
    Blot out the sun!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Davis is the best defensive player in the league and gets no credit for it. Guys like Green and Giannis get too much credit, and Gobert is only recognized as a defensive stud so the media can prop up an above average player as great.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information