Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Unlocked fishing. So after the mission I found a lake, and a guy rowing around in a boat. I wanted that boat. So I shot the guy and took the boat, but another guy fishing from shore saw me do it and tried to turn me in.....so I hog tied him, threw him on the back of my horse and took the horse out for a swim. I laughed as the poor guy on the back of the horse struggled to breathe and almost drown. Thinking I had made my point i returned to shore and cut the guy loose. He hit me right in the skull knocking my hat off. So I hog tied him again, threw him in the boat, rowed to the middle of the lake and threw him in....he screamed for mercy between gargles and drown. I smiled and proceeded to catch some trout.

#justreddeadthings
    In the last game I used to hog tie people and leave them on train tracks... this... this is just disturbing. Well done!

Today I saw a guy trying to fix a horseshoe on his horse and it kicked him and killed him. As I was looting him a man came by on his horse and looked at me funny so I had to kill him for good measure. This game makes you paranoid in hilarious ways.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    In the last game I used to hog tie people and leave them on train tracks... this... this is just disturbing. Well done!

Today I saw a guy trying to fix a horseshoe on his horse and it kicked him and killed him. As I was looting him a man came by on his horse and looked at me funny so I had to kill him for good measure. This game makes you paranoid in hilarious ways.
    So, is killing witnesses the best approach?

Also, after breaking Micah out and shooting up town, I had a bounty. Didn't think to put my bandana on before breaking him out, and not sure that would have made a difference. Is going and paying the outrageous bounty the best/only option, or just avoid that area and deal with bounty hunters when it happens? I've been paying bounties, but prior to that one, they've been like $15. That was $170.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    So, is killing witnesses the best approach?

Also, after breaking Micah out and shooting up town, I had a bounty. Didn't think to put my bandana on before breaking him out, and not sure that would have made a difference. Is going and paying the outrageous bounty the best/only option, or just avoid that area and deal with bounty hunters when it happens? I've been paying bounties, but prior to that one, they've been like $15. That was $170.
    Not always, it just depends on how you play the game. Saving people early on or not killing witnesses gives you different outcomes in the game (even some endings sometimes). For example not killing someone early on could lead them to sparing your life if their gang catches you later. Things like that.

EDIT: Usually in games like this I will play one version like a boyscout then go through the game again as a big piece of shit. Open world games mean you can stick to the main story line and finish in 20-30 hours OR you can do every side quest and mission and spend 200 hours. That is the draw to these types of games. Personally I am taking my time and hunting legendary animals right now to get a special outfit made of them.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I see that PS4's will be a Black Friday $199 deal again this year.

I will have to get one, and get RDR2.

Can't wait.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I see that PS4's will be a Black Friday $199 deal again this year.

I will have to get one, and get RDR2.

Can't wait.
    It's changing my view of gaming. Realizing there is more to gaming than first person shooters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    It's changing my view of gaming. Realizing there is more to gaming than first person shooters.
    We are the exact opposite! I used to only play first person shooters until about 5 years ago. When I got my Xbox One I didn't even bother get the Gold subscription and only focused on single-player games. My collection right now is:

• Dark Souls 3
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Batman Arkham Knight
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    • Assassins Creed: Origins
    • Rainbow 6: Siege

If you like Red Dead Redemption type games, I would highly recommend Witcher 3. If possible, its an even more adult oriented game with a great story and cool characters. Not as funny or random as Red Dead, but a classic game in many respects. Its more of a fantasy setting, but the amount of blood and nudity in this game makes it like playing Game of Thrones:

Not only that, you can get the complete edition with all the DLC for pretty cheap like I did since its been out a while!

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    We are the exact opposite! I used to only play first person shooters until about 5 years ago. When I got my Xbox One I didn't even bother get the Gold subscription and only focused on single-player games. My collection right now is:

• Dark Souls 3
    • Final Fantasy XV
    • Batman Arkham Knight
    • Red Dead Redemption 2
    • Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    • Assassins Creed: Origins
    • Rainbow 6: Siege

If you like Red Dead Redemption type games, I would highly recommend Witcher 3. If possible, its an even more adult oriented game with a great story and cool characters. Not as funny or random as Red Dead, but a classic game in many respects. Its more of a fantasy setting, but the amount of blood and nudity in this game makes it like playing Game of Thrones:

Not only that, you can get the complete edition with all the DLC for pretty cheap like I did since its been out a while!
    You had me at nudity!!

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

First person shooters bore the shit out of me.
    Always have.
    My favorite games of all will always be the first 4 Tomb Raider games (from the late 90's).
    I enjoy the exploration and isolation and challenge of them.
    I've played all of the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne and enjoy them for the same reason
    The Red Dead games for me are just a great way to blow a few hours and have an adventure or two...or 500.
    And they are sooo pretty to look at.
    I'm really enjoying this latest one.
    I'm at the point when I have completed the first batch of missions from the Overlook camp.
    Just upgraded my tent and unlocked fast travel.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    First person shooters bore the shit out of me.
    Always have.
    My favorite games of all will always be the first 4 Tomb Raider games (from the late 90's).
    I enjoy the exploration and isolation and challenge of them.
    I've played all of the Dark Souls games and Bloodborne and enjoy them for the same reason
    The Red Dead games for me are just a great way to blow a few hours and have an adventure or two...or 500.
    And they are sooo pretty to look at.
    I'm really enjoying this latest one.
    I'm at the point when I have completed the first batch of missions from the Overlook camp.
    Just upgraded my tent and unlocked fast travel.
    I LOVE the Dark Souls series but I could never recommend them to someone. I love grinding, getting better gear, getting a little further than last time, then having to do it all again. You just DIE. SO. MANY. TIMES. I guess I am a glutton for punishment. And when you finally kill a boss that has been giving you fits for hours after finding the right combo of weapons and gear, it is the most rewarding damn game series out there.

This is my favorite video that encapsulates what Dark Souls fans go through:

16. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The more you play "Souls" games the better you get at them.
    It's that simple.
    My last play through of Dark Souls Remastered was a cakewalk compared to my first go round on the PS3 version.

18. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The more you play "Souls" games the better you get at them.
    It's that simple.
    My last play through of Dark Souls Remastered was a cakewalk compared to my first go round on the PS3 version.
    Yeah even New Game + on Dark Souls 3 I was able to roll over so many areas I had issues with before just by understanding when to fight, when to duck, and when to run!

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Dunkey is funny as hell.
    I haven't seen his Red Dead 2 playthrough yet.
    I bet it's hilarious.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Dunkey is funny as hell.
    I haven't seen his Red Dead 2 playthrough yet.
    I bet it's hilarious.
    Yes looking forward to it!

Lol@the FPS folks. Welcome to games not made for 10 years olds guys. You're a little late to the party but I can tell you all I ****** your mom's if it makes you feel more comfortable.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

23. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Pretty funny clip from South Park about Red Dead Redemption 2. Amazing that they make these shows in 6 days and can be so up-to-date with their references" https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadrede...te_south_park/

And the Dunk Review is up! SPOILERS!

Last edited by MasterShake; 11-08-2018 at 09:43 AM.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information