Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Red Dead Redemption 2

Anyone pick this up yet? I am just past the prologue and can already tell I am going to be playing this game for months to come. I was never a big fan of the Grand Theft Auto games, but the original Red Dead Redemption is one of my all time favorites. This gives you a taste of the early part of the game if you are interested:

The detail is insane. When you come in from the snow it melts on your clothes and makes it wet. If you shoot a shopkeeper in the leg you could come back in a few days an see it amputated (with a new wooden leg in its place!) and other stuff like that.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I miss playing video games. Red Dead was one of my favorites.

What platform are you playing it on?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I miss playing video games. Red Dead was one of my favorites.

What platform are you playing it on?
    I picked up an XBOX One as a gift to myself a few months ago. Glad to see my profile still worked!

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

RDR was also one of my all-time favorites. Such a great experience playing through that game.

I haven't upgraded my system from my old PS3. My boys are almost to the age where I'll need to do that, but I'm waiting until the next generation to decide what to do. No hurry now, the boys don't know what they're missing, and I don't have time to play.

I was about to ask what you'd recommend, but since you just bought an Xbox 1 I guess that answers the question. Why did you decide on that? If memory serves, you had an Xbox previously.

7. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    RDR was also one of my all-time favorites. Such a great experience playing through that game.

I haven't upgraded my system from my old PS3. My boys are almost to the age where I'll need to do that, but I'm waiting until the next generation to decide what to do. No hurry now, the boys don't know what they're missing, and I don't have time to play.

I was about to ask what you'd recommend, but since you just bought an Xbox 1 I guess that answers the question. Why did you decide on that? If memory serves, you had an Xbox previously.
    Yeah the one friend I have that still plays has an Xbox so that factored in. PS4 has some great exclusives but is also pricier than the Xbox. Since I’m limited in when I could play I just went for cheaper.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah the one friend I have that still plays has an Xbox so that factored in. PS4 has some great exclusives but is also pricier than the Xbox. Since I’m limited in when I could play I just went for cheaper.
    Was it worth it?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I've never been a big video game person, but RDR is my all time favorite. I play through it just about every summer for the last 6 years or so.

I only have a PS3 and don't have plans to upgrade, so I don't see myself playing RDR2 anytime soon if ever.

12. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

I got it, but haven't had much time to play. Just killed the wolves (is this part of the prologue?).

Right now, it's very scripted, is that just during the intro and then it becomes more free form? I never played the original, and for the most part, the only games I've played regularly in the last decade has been COD games, but I'm giving up on them, as I just don't play enough to be competitive with them online.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Id love to. I just lost my enthusiasm for gaming. Nothing engages me. This occurred ling before the baby. Just got older I guess, but i think gaming has changed a lot.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

15. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I got it, but haven't had much time to play. Just killed the wolves (is this part of the prologue?).

Right now, it's very scripted, is that just during the intro and then it becomes more free form? I never played the original, and for the most part, the only games I've played regularly in the last decade has been COD games, but I'm giving up on them, as I just don't play enough to be competitive with them online.
    Yes you are still in the prologue learning the controls via the setup. Once it opens up it's almost overwhelming. Comes pretty quick!

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Id love to. I just lost my enthusiasm for gaming. Nothing engages me. This occurred ling before the baby. Just got older I guess, but i think gaming has changed a lot.
    I'm in a similar boat. The only reason I went back was that there were lots of single player games I wanted to dive into (Dark Souls series, Final Fantasy, Gears of War, Red Dead) and they were cheap since I had waited so long. Other than that I have little to no interest in being a "gamer" online, I just want some fun distractions on days I'm not working/doing yard work/hanging with my kids or as an excuse to bond with my son who really loves games. To get good at any game is like a full-time job and I'm just not into that lifestyle as I get older.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Anyone pick this up yet? I am just past the prologue and can already tell I am going to be playing this game for months to come. I was never a big fan of the Grand Theft Auto games, but the original Red Dead Redemption is one of my all time favorites. This gives you a taste of the early part of the game if you are interested:

The detail is insane. When you come in from the snow it melts on your clothes and makes it wet. If you shoot a shopkeeper in the leg you could come back in a few days an see it amputated (with a new wooden leg in its place!) and other stuff like that.
    i got this and AC Odyssey.

Odyssey is an amazing game. But im busy with work and dont have time to finish, and i havnt even started red dead

20. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    i got this and AC Odyssey.

Odyssey is an amazing game. But im busy with work and dont have time to finish, and i havnt even started red dead
    Gotta check out Odyssey. My Xbox came with Origins and I was surprised how much I liked it. Since Black Flag Assassins Creed has been hit or miss but Origins was solid and I heard Odyssey was good.

22. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I'm in a similar boat. The only reason I went back was that there were lots of single player games I wanted to dive into (Dark Souls series, Final Fantasy, Gears of War, Red Dead) and they were cheap since I had waited so long. Other than that I have little to no interest in being a "gamer" online, I just want some fun distractions on days I'm not working/doing yard work/hanging with my kids or as an excuse to bond with my son who really loves games. To get good at any game is like a full-time job and I'm just not into that lifestyle as I get older.
    Any game i play no matter hoe excited i was to play it, I just cant get into it. I lose interest in like 20 minutes or less, and just want to turn it off.

I think half of it is me, the other half is aside from graphics and online multiplayer, Call of Duty is pretty much the same as it was 15 years ago. DLC and Gamestop has wrecked the industry. All IMO
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post

Also just a heads up make sure you upgrade your tent then the other dude who is the leader of the gang when you establish a big camp. Doing so allows fast travel to towns you've discovered.

And to speak more to your open world question Tned, I haven't done hardly any main quests after the prologue. I went gun hunting by killing gangs as my first order of business and am currently looking for poker games and brothels. I also spent an entire two days hunting and camping just to get some pelts and learn some shooting mechanics. It really is a great open world game.

25. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information