Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    Hopefully he takes my wife out when he goes
    Why do you hate her so?

And does she like having her booty eaten?

These are things I need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Hopefully he takes my wife out when he goes
    Someone needs to, word has it you haven't taken her out in years...

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Good article on how RDR2 has elevated video games to an art form, similar to what the Godfather did with film:

Like the classic westerns and gangster stories it draws from, it can be crude and violent. But it is also richly cinematic and even literary, serving up breathtaking digital vistas reminiscent of John Ford films along with a mix of deftly scripted stories about outlaws, immigrants, hustlers, con artists, lawmen and entrepreneurs, all trying to eke out an existence on the edges of civilization. It’s a game about power, violence, frontier justice and murky moral choices — a new American epic for the digital age.

As a technical achievement, it has no peers. Red Dead Redemption 2 teems with life. Towns have daily rhythms, tied to time and weather, that seem to go on without you. Wildlife roams the countryside, growing skittish if you move too close. Many video games allow players to interact with other characters only by attacking them; here, every character, even the least important digital extra, can be spoken to, and often conversed with at length.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/23/o...deo-games.html

At first I wasn't sure I agreed with this, but this is the first game where I held onto personal vendettas. I had a guy kill my horse during a robbery gone bad and I hunted him like a serial killer through the woods after sitting and staring at my trusty steed for a good minute or so. Aerating his skull wasn't enough, I had to torture him first to prove a point then I went to a bar to drink and play poker to get my mind off it. Damn vid'ya games!

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Good article on how RDR2 has elevated video games to an art form, similar to what the Godfather did with film:

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/23/o...deo-games.html

At first I wasn't sure I agreed with this, but this is the first game where I held onto personal vendettas. I had a guy kill my horse during a robbery gone bad and I hunted him like a serial killer through the woods after sitting and staring at my trusty steed for a good minute or so. Aerating his skull wasn't enough, I had to torture him first to prove a point then I went to a bar to drink and play poker to get my mind off it. Damn vid'ya games!
    My horse recently got shot when i freed a lawman from the lamoyne raiders - i was legit pissed off

6. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

My horse recently got shot when i freed a lawman from the lamoyne raiders - i was legit pissed off
    My horse got killed by some crazies near a church outside the swamp. Luckily I was able to revive him! I was pissed!

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

what i don' t like though - when you die on a "sub mission" - when you bump into some O'Driscolls or the like, you don't get the chance to replay that part of the narrative, and you seem to wake up randomly in a location near where you died which sometimes leave me disorientated!

10. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

what i don' t like though - when you die on a "sub mission" - when you bump into some O'Driscolls or the like, you don't get the chance to replay that part of the narrative, and you seem to wake up randomly in a location near where you died which sometimes leave me disorientated!
    Even worse is when I set up camp and sleep I awake elsewhere. I set up camp not too far north of Fort Wallace and awoke inside an Indian reservation where I was told my kind wasn’t welcome. I’m like, wtf, This is NOT where I set up camp.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

LOL. I know what items I am getting tomorrow!

https://www.reddit.com/r/reddeadrede...aw_game_me_an/

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    My horse got killed by some crazies near a church outside the swamp. Luckily I was able to revive him! I was pissed!
    I've got a big war horse named Frank that I've had almost from the start.
    I keep a good supply of horse reviver on hand.
    I almost ran the two of us off a cliff last night trying to rob a train...;-)

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Even worse is when I set up camp and sleep I awake elsewhere. I set up camp not too far north of Fort Wallace and awoke inside an Indian reservation where I was told my kind wasn’t welcome. I’m like, wtf, This is NOT where I set up camp.
    Same thing happened to me.
    I was north of Valentine, investigating an old train that had gone off a train bridge.
    I set up camp right beside the bridge and woke up near these hot springs with geysers erupting left and right.
    Scared the hell out of Frank...
    It turned out to be only a few hundred yards from the train bridge but it was disorienting at first.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    Same thing happened to me.
    I was north of Valentine, investigating an old train that had gone off a train bridge.
    I set up camp right beside the bridge and woke up near these hot springs with geysers erupting left and right.
    Scared the hell out of Frank...
    It turned out to be only a few hundred yards from the train bridge but it was disorienting at first.
    I know right where you're talking about. Did you get the gold from the upturned train car?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I know right where you're talking about. Did you get the gold from the upturned train car?
    I have to find that place... I did do the ancient statue puzzle in the cave for 3 gold bars, that was pretty fun. There is also a gold bar exploit, but I haven't found the need for lots of extra money just playing the normal sequence of the game even after I fully upgrade my camp and buy ridiculous outfits.

Multiplayer beta starting up....My buddy better buy this thing soon...

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Yes.
    It took me a while to figure out how to get to it but my old tomb raiding skills were still intact.
    2 gold bars is worth the 2-3 hours it took to find and get to them.
    I was up there hunting legendary wolf when I stumbled across the train wreck.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I have to find that place... I did do the ancient statue puzzle in the cave for 3 gold bars, that was pretty fun. There is also a gold bar exploit, but I haven't found the need for lots of extra money just playing the normal sequence of the game even after I fully upgrade my camp and buy ridiculous outfits.
    I'll post location when I get a chance

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information