Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Dead Redemption 2

I might need to restart this silly prologue. Or see if I can restart a section. Before the last section it gave me some instructions, had something to do with the map and some letters on it, but I'm not big on the story, so I must admit that at times I wind up checking the forum or news or games or something and I missed it telling me how to do something.

Also, not sure if details in the story are something I'm going to need in the open part.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Any game i play no matter hoe excited i was to play it, I just cant get into it. I lose interest in like 20 minutes or less, and just want to turn it off.

I think half of it is me, the other half is aside from graphics and online multiplayer, Call of Duty is pretty much the same as it was 15 years ago. DLC and Gamestop has wrecked the industry. All IMO
    DLC is awful... I can't believe with all the incredible graphics and things we have nowadays we still haven't got a good Star Wars game either! Even if we did, seems like its $60 for the game and a couple hundred more for any cool things in the game.

Dark Souls and Red Dead are my jam right now though. Easy to pick up and play in spurts and I am always working towards something without microtransactions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I might need to restart this silly prologue. Or see if I can restart a section. Before the last section it gave me some instructions, had something to do with the map and some letters on it, but I'm not big on the story, so I must admit that at times I wind up checking the forum or news or games or something and I missed it telling me how to do something.

Also, not sure if details in the story are something I'm going to need in the open part.
    Here is a guide to the initial chapters. Eventually IGN and other will have full guides: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ugh-guide-4975

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Also just a heads up make sure you upgrade your tent then the other dude who is the leader of the gang when you establish a big camp. Doing so allows fast travel to towns you've discovered.

And to speak more to your open world question Tned, I haven't done hardly any main quests after the prologue. I went gun hunting by killing gangs as my first order of business and am currently looking for poker games and brothels. I also spent an entire two days hunting and camping just to get some pelts and learn some shooting mechanics. It really is a great open world game.
    This will be strange to me. After nearly three decades of almost exclusively playing FPS, many, many years playing Doom, Novalogic games like DF2, Delta Force Land Warrior, Call of Duty, etc. on the PC, and then moving on to FPS on the Xbox, I've played very few games that weren't first person shooters and the few I got, I never really got into.

Since I'm giving up FPS games, I'll have to kind of relearn everything.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Are they going to do the Undead Nightmare add on? THAT was phenomenal.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

This will be strange to me. After nearly three decades of almost exclusively playing FPS, many, many years playing Doom, Novalogic games like DF2, Delta Force Land Warrior, Call of Duty, etc. on the PC, and then moving on to FPS on the Xbox, I've played very few games that weren't first person shooters and the few I got, I never really got into.

Since I'm giving up FPS games, I'll have to kind of relearn everything.
    There is FPS mode in Red Dead! Haven't tried it yet, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Are they going to do the Undead Nightmare add on? THAT was phenomenal.
    They would be dumb not to! That was the best.

9. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

idk i feel the whole FPS genre is done for me anyway. Just got bored of it, been there done it.

I used to love WWII shooters, cant even think of it nowadays
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

idk i feel the whole FPS genre is done for me anyway. Just got bored of it, been there done it.

I've pre-ordered Battlefield V. Going to give it one last go, but have given up on the COD franchise.

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I've pre-ordered Battlefield V. Going to give it one last go, but have given up on the COD franchise.
    Whenever I played those games I was told that my opponents and sometimes teammates banged my mom, etc.

My mom retired from being a teacher a few years ago. I didn't even know she had that much time! That's a lot of dudes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Whenever I played those games I was told that my opponents and sometimes teammates banged my mom, etc.

My mom retired from being a teacher a few years ago. I didn't even know she had that much time! That's a lot of dudes!
    Maybe she was a multitasker. I read somewhere women multitask better than us guys.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I still love leading the zombie slaughter. I don't so it online anymore. Wifey and I go split screen.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Just picked it up yesterday for the PS4.
    Very pretty game to look at.
    I loved Red Dead Revolver and Red Dead Redemption 1 so this was a no brainer.
    I'm just at the beginning of the Train Robbery mission.
    Loving it so far.
    Last edited by EastCoastBronco; 10-30-2018 at 11:27 AM.

Shake, take your horse and full speed right into a sign or tree. I laughed pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

20. The Following User High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Friend sent me this and it's pretty funny (though possibly a bit spoilerish even though its an Easter Egg). Now this isn't the historical KKK, they are called something else int the game and are against religion or something, but it is still a pretty funny moment you can stumble across:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information