Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Bowlen's brother files court motion to remove Joe Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Interesting article from 9News from back in June.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...a/73-560656775
    Based on that, she has zero experience needed to run an NFL club and I'm glad they aren't handing it to her. At least Brittany spent something like three years in the league Jr. management program.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I am wondering if the failure to secure stadium naming rights are a reason for this partially and the Sports Authority fiasco. They probably thinking they essentially losing $20m+ a year by not plastering some Corp leviathan name on new Mile High. Sounds possible.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I am wondering if the failure to secure stadium naming rights are a reason for this partially and the Sports Authority fiasco. They probably thinking they essentially losing $20m+ a year by not plastering some Corp leviathan name on new Mile High. Sounds possible.
    I think they just want control of the team (and the added income that comes with it) I can't imagine that being the controlling owner instead of a trust fun kid is a difference in income, probably quite significant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Bowlen Trust files motion requesting NFL serve as arbitrator in Broncos ownership dispute

The three-person trust which runs the Broncos submitted a filing Friday in Colorado District Court requesting a stay in the proceedings triggered by a lawsuit last month by a brother of owner Pat Bowlen requesting the trust be removed from power.

Since 2014, when Bowlen stepped away from the team because of Alzheimer’s, the trio of Joe Ellis, Rich Slivka and Mary Kelly have served as trustees for the Patrick D. Bowlen Trust. Ellis, as the Broncos’ president and CEO.

On Oct. 25, Bill Bowlen presented a lawsuit wanting to remove the trust, “due to their failure to uphold Pat Bowlen’s wishes and act in the best interest of Pat Bowlen, his family and the Broncos.”

The trustees originally had 20 days to respond but received a one-week extension. Their 34-page document also requested that Beth Bowlen-Wallace and Amie Bowlen-Klemmer — the two oldest of Pat’s seven children — enter into arbitration with the NFL and not the court system.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2018/11/2...fl-arbitrator/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Judge: "Down vixen with thy unseemly haste to despoil your father! The man's not even dead yet and you're squabbling over controlling his possessions? Have you no compassion harpy? Loose thy talons from the carcass woman, let him breath a bit, and take thy flight!"
    My literature is a pinch rusty, is this quote Deon Sanders or Terry Bradshaw?
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

- Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

https://www.9news.com/article/sports...jur3PsIP5DIRYE

ENGLEWOOD – There is officially a Bowlen family rift.

Bill Bowlen, younger brother of Broncos owner Pat Bowlen who has surrendered control of the team to his trust, filed a lawsuit in a Colorado District Court on Thursday against trustees Joe Ellis, Rich Slivka and attorney Mary Kelly, asking they be removed from their responsibilities because of “their failure to uphold Pat Bowlen’s wishes and act in the best interest of Pat Bowlen, his family and the Broncos.”

Here’s where the turmoil within the family dynamic comes in: Five months ago, Bill Bowlen, who is 69 and lives in Edmonton, Alberta, came out in favor of his niece Beth Bowlen Wallace taking control of the Broncos after Beth Bowlen Wallace sent out a press release announcing she is ready to take charge of the Broncos.

Beth Bowlen Wallace is one of two daughters from Pat Bowlen’s first marriage to Sally Parker. The trustees, however, have been noticeably grooming Brittany Bowlen for the controlling owner position. Brittany Bowlen is one of five children from Pat Bowlen’s second marriage to Annabel.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I’m Team Bill Bowlen.

**** Joe Bush.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Annabel Bowlen moves to intervene in ongoing battle over control of Broncos

Annabel Bowlen – the wife of ailing Broncos owner Pat Bowlen – has joined the expanding legal battle over which of his children will ultimately control the NFL team, 9Wants to Know has learned.

Much of that dispute is shrouded in secrecy because it is being fought in probate court, where the details of legal documents are not a matter of public record. However, 9Wants to Know confirmed through Annabel Bowlen’s attorney, Hugh Gottschalk of Wheeler Trigg O’Donnell, that she had filed a motion to intervene in the ongoing litigation.

That litigation began in October when Pat Bowlen’s brother, William “Bill” Bowlen, filed a motion seeking the removal of the three trustees running the team, asserting that they were not fulfilling the longtime owner’s wishes. Bill Bowlen believes one of Pat Bowlen’s daughters is ready to take control of the NFL team.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...5-4b5803fbef70

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

So Annabell is trying to step in now? Man this is getting ugly.

Who has the power to fire Ellis? I would think his firing would benefit Beth.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post

It could get even more ugly once the opposition states she’s not in the right state of mind to oppose since she recently admitted to the early onset of Alzheimer’s.

13. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

I just don't want someone to get ownership and sell the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    It could get even more ugly once the opposition states she’s not in the right state of mind to oppose since she recently admitted to the early onset of Alzheimer’s.

That’s going to be the othersides argument.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

That’s going to be the othersides argument.
    That’s what I said. That’s what opposition means.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The link keeps crashing on me before I can get past the 1st paragraphs, but all the articles in this thread combine to lead me to believe that the Bowlens are creating a united front to get rid of the Trust on the grounds that they don't believe it will ever honor the will of Pat Bowlen by relinquishing control of the team to 1 of the kids.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    The link keeps crashing on me before I can get past the 1st paragraphs, but all the articles in this thread combine to lead me to believe that the Bowlens are creating a united front to get rid of the Trust on the grounds that they don't believe it will ever honor the will of Pat Bowlen by relinquishing control of the team to 1 of the kids.
    Not quite, It says that the trust is favoring the children of Pat's second wife and excluding his children from the 1st marriage. It says a lot of other things but this seems to be the main point of contention.

Personally I want the one taking charge to be the right person. But that is not how this will be decided.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information