Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowlen's brother files court motion to remove Joe Ellis

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Broncos' ownership situation is getting messy

Some really interesting stuff here - https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...beth-brittany/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    As a kid, this was a common theme song on Friday nights. I think my Mom had the hots for Bobby.
    I didn't really watch it growing up, but still I had the hots for Bobby's wife. Gotta love those hot Italian american chics.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Some really interesting stuff here - https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/201...beth-brittany/
    They always get messy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

5. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post

Agreed. Messy. Even if the complaint is true, that doesn't necessarily create grounds for having the trustees removed, but you never know when in front of a judge/jury.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    They always get messy.
    That's what she said...

8. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    They always get messy.
    That's what she said...
    Umm yucky

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

They always get messy.
    It's our beloved Broncos.

11. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

It's our beloved Broncos.
    we will get through this

13. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

we will get through this
    Yep. Just like back to winning SBs. We gonna beat dem Chiefs on Sunday mornin

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

There will be a lot tears shed in KC this weekend.

17. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

There will be a lot tears shed in KC this weekend.
    #floodwarnin

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

we will get through this
    Love your optimism always positive
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    How would a brother have any authority in the situation?
    None really. He's working on getting Beth in charge. His contention is that Beth is ready and the trust is violating the agreement by not stepping down and turning the team over to her.
    Yup. I immediately couldn't understand how Bill Bowlen would have any standing to assert a claim, since he sold his stock in the Broncos long ago. So, since he no longer has any economic stake in the team, how has he been injured so the court could rule in his favor? He's asking for a writ to remove the trustees from the Bowlen Trust, but isn't a trust beneficiary, and as far as we know isn't a creditor.

To skip a boring legal lecture, he has no standing to sue that I can see. I could think of a few ways around that, and I'm sure his lawyers have researched it.

But what is really going on is this:

Bowlen appointed the trustees and amended his will giving them total power over his interest in the team. They were to appoint a successor from among his children, rather in the way that Alexander the Great on his death bed left his vast empire "to the strongest."

Let them fight it out to qualify, and the "most qualified" would be appointed as owner designee and high mucky-muck of the Broncos empire, worth nearly $3 billion.

The rest would simply control their portion of the trust assets but would not participate in team management, and would not get to declare trust distributions, nor hire themselves out to the team at whatever ridiculous salary they liked. In short they wouldn't be controlling owners, just minority share-holders.

This spring, Beth Bowlen figured out that for whatever reason, the trustees don't like her, and favor Brittany. Only Brittany is about 28 and not ready (her own admission) to run the team. So, the management remains with the Trustees, Joe Ellis and his two cronies.

Beth doesn't want to prematurely file her lawsuit in the district court suing to remove the trustees, because her father is still alive. Technically, the trust can be found to be acting in Pat's interest.

But, he's dying of Alzheimers and once he's dead, it's going to be a lot harder for the Trust to deny Beth Bowlen the control. If they do (and obviously they intend to from their totally hostile public statements about her) then it's game on baby!

Beth Will sue the trust. Brittany will do nothing since the Trust favors her, and her interests are with the trustees. Then we'll have the glorious spectacle of a vicious death match with the trustees, and potentially with the NFL that will leave all and sundry with savage wounds. Especially the Broncos organization which will be publicly brawling in the district court again, instead of winning championships.

Bill Bowlen, just fired warning shots by launching this lawsuit. I'd say it's likely that the court might rule it's all premature anyway since Pat Bowlen is alive and there's no reason to take away his assets during his lifetime from his appointed trustees.

Beth will be in a much stronger legal position, once Pat Bowlen is dead. Then we'll see.

So there is an issue of ripeness, Cugel?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    So there is an issue of ripeness, Cugel?
    Perhaps. Of course I haven't researched it at all. I just wondered "what on earth is his standing?" And I don't know how they intend to address that since he has no interest in the trust at present. He was bought out years ago, as I understand it from the media.

But, obviously his lawyers intend to address that somehow, or they would never have filed anything, for fear of violating Rule 11 which sanctions the lawyer for bringing a frivolous or vexatious claim.

This is a multi-millionaire suing a multi-billion $ company. So it will be addressed. Intensely litigated most likely, and both sides have their strategies on that ready to fly. The lawyers combined will make millions of $ in fees on this.

23. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information