Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bowlen's brother files court motion to remove Joe Ellis

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I dont think Ellis should be involved in running the team and the trust.
    The trust (including Ellis) has the responsibilities of Pat Bowlen. They are acting in his place. He's doing exactly what he's supposed to be doing. I'm not sure what your concern is here... He's not the behind the scenes puppet master, he's involved with key decisions, but Elway handles personnel decisions as a normal GM does.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So he's a trust beneficiary?
    No. What I am saying is that he has an interest in staying in control of the team. Having a say in the attempt of any party that can take control of the team seems like a conflict of interest.

3. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

No. What I am saying is that he has an interest in staying in control of the team. Having a say in the attempt of any party that can take control of the team seems like a conflict of interest.
    Shouldn't a trustee have power to exercise fiduciary duties? How can you take away a trustee's power and still have a trust?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

I assume you mean that currently Ellis being a trustee effectively makes him his own boss.

Lets not forget that Bowlen set it up this way. Ellis has been the executive VP since SB 33, and moved up to CEO in 2008. Bowlen trusted the man to do this job, we as fans should too. He's been given 5 years to either pick a Bowlen child or sell the team by the NFL. I personally don't think he's trying to hold onto power, but even to play devil's advocate, he can't hold on for very much longer. A deadline has already been set. The guy has been Pats right hand man for years and wants to make sure that Pats wishes are followed properly and that the best person for the job is chosen.

8. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Someone mentioned that Beth Bowlen insists that she’s met the criteria and wants to take over, and that the Broncos don’t want her to take over ... can’t remember who ... maybe slim knows who that was.

Btw, **** Joe Ellis. Good riddance.
    I wonder if they want Brittany to take over because she isn't ready yet (so they can hold onto power longer). I don't trust Joe Ellis. He is the one who hired McDaniels because he wanted more power.

10. The Following User High Fived 7DnBrnc53 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by 7DnBrnc53 View Post
    I wonder if they want Brittany to take over because she isn't ready yet (so they can hold onto power longer). I don't trust Joe Ellis. He is the one who hired McDaniels because he wanted more power.
    What are you talking about????? Mr. B hired McDaniels!!!!!

“The biggest issue with Josh McDaniels’ first go-round as an NFL head coach came down to power. Denver Owner Pat Bowlen gave McDaniels executive/personnel authority, which was too much for the inexperienced and immature coach.
    https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/1/...iels-in-denver

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Ellis is the steward to the king. As long as they never find a new king (queen), ellis remains in powa
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    14h14 hours ago

Statement from Dan Reilly, Pat Bowlen Trust lawyer: “We are aware the counsel submitting this complaint on behalf of Bill Bowlen is the same one that has been representing Beth Bowlen Wallace.'' View: Trustees believe Beth Bowlen Wallace is behind Bill's lawsuit. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

I’m curious to see how Bill Bowlen has standing to bring this suit since he divested himself of his ownership share in 2002.

Unless he is a beneficiary in Pat’s estate, which is largely comprised of the assets currently under the care of the trust. Then, if he is alleging a breach of fiduciary duty to the detriment of the trust, he might have standing. But I don’t know that Bill is a beneficiary.
    Last edited by LawDog; 10-26-2018 at 12:23 PM.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived LawDog For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    I’m curious to see how Bill Bowlen has standing to bring this suit since he divested himself of his ownership share in 2002.
    This reeks of desperation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by LawDog View Post
    Yeah, I tried to find the petition. No luck. Here's the best grounds I found:

Interested persons include legal representatives, spouse, parents, adult children, adult siblings, and other adults.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Yeah, I tried to find the petition. No luck. Here's the best grounds I found:
    Hmmm, that seems more like a conservatorship than a trust, but you may be right.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    This reeks of desperation.
    "Uncle Billy? Will you kindly pretty pweeeeaaaaasssse file this lawsuit for me? You can use my attorney so it doesn't cost you any money."
    - Beth

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

That show had the most epic intro.

I just hope the hot Ewing daughter wins in the end.
    As a kid, this was a common theme song on Friday nights. I think my Mom had the hots for Bobby.

23. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information