Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fires Ref

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

My only "officiating" experience was when I was a freshman in college. I was a student worker in athletics and I was working a volleyball scrimmage we were playing against another school. I guess as it was a scrimmage they didn't have actual officials work it, so they had a couple of us make the in/out calls on the lines. I have to say, it's pretty intimidating getting yelled at by a 6'3 Croatian girl who disagreed with one of my calls.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    My only "officiating" experience was when I was a freshman in college. I was a student worker in athletics and I was working a volleyball scrimmage we were playing against another school. I guess as it was a scrimmage they didn't have actual officials work it, so they had a couple of us make the in/out calls on the lines. I have to say, it's pretty intimidating getting yelled at by a 6'3 Croatian girl who disagreed with one of my calls.
    Don’t take any ****!
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Don’t take any ****!
    I stood by all my calls!

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Your sarcasm wounds me, sir.
    i'm the one who's hurt-- that was 100% sincere!

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Wait ... this could get really good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Wait ... this could get really good.
    Nah, that's about all there is to it.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    If you made it to the league we would start a SpikerForums and tailgate at your games dressed up as Foot Locker Guys.
    I think we should do this anyhow. We should go to a game and tailgate all dressed as officials. We could even do black and white face painting.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I think we should do this anyhow. We should go to a game and tailgate all dressed as officials. We could even do black and white face painting.
    Be ready to take some abuse!
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I’d need to see video... it was hard to see on tv.... if they were more than 3 yards then yes, they have a right to complain. I’m not sure of the NFL mechanic, but on a 7 man crew at my level the Line Judge (me) and the Umpire are watching specifically for that on all pass plays. I’d be shocked if the NFL didn’t do something similar.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Some parents of some kids on my boys soccer team get so out of line. I hate it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Some parents of some kids on my boys soccer team get so out of line. I hate it.
    My best friend from high school turned into one of those. I went to a game with him, he was so intense. Like...dude. But I didn't mind the competitive fire. But...dude. They are kids. But someone needs to light a fire. It's sport after all. But maybe not the parents.

I'm the oppo. I'll just leave the room or field or whatever and remind myself it's not mine. I feel like I'm stealing if I get all worked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

My son is like dad how come you don’t flip out. And I said son, it’s because I’m probably not even related to you.

18. The Following 9 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Refs should be fired more often. Teams pay tens of millions of dollars per game, in players, trainers, coaching, management, etc. When a ref blows a call, that changes the outcome of a game, it’s a multi-million dollar blunder.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    Refs should be fired more often. Teams pay tens of millions of dollars per game, in players, trainers, coaching, management, etc. When a ref blows a call, that changes the outcome of a game, it’s a multi-million dollar blunder.
    Only problem is who replaces them? The guys who weren't good enough to make the cut in the first place?

21. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information