Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NFL Fires Ref

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    If you made it to the league we would start a SpikerForums and tailgate at your games dressed up as Foot Locker Guys.
    A ref with his own fan club, its what the zebra brigade is desperately lacking.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Hahahaha... they have a lot better and younger options than me.
    not better looking!

4. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    not better looking!
    Your sarcasm wounds me, sir.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

I hope Spike pours a drink for his lost brethren.

7. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yo Spiker, question about a call today in the UVA/UNC game. Late in the game the Tarheels were around the goalline and had a play that looked like the back scored. However, the call on the field was that he was short and the Heels ran another play in which they were stopped again. BUT, after the play was over the officials went back and said the previous play was under review to which they overturned the previous call. My issue is i thought once you ran another the play the previous play was considered dead and over with. Do you think this was right? UVA still won the game but at that point after UVA had stopped them on 3rd and goal it would have at the very least ran some more clock. U thought that once a play had been ran that they could not go back and review the previous play?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yo Spiker, question about a call today in the UVA/UNC game. Late in the game the Tarheels were around the goalline and had a play that looked like the back scored. However, the call on the field was that he was short and the Heels ran another play in which they were stopped again. BUT, after the play was over the officials went back and said the previous play was under review to which they overturned the previous call. My issue is i thought once you ran another the play the previous play was considered dead and over with. Do you think this was right? UVA still won the game but at that point after UVA had stopped them on 3rd and goal it would have at the very least ran some more clock. U thought that once a play had been ran that they could not go back and review the previous play?
    You’re right, something weird happened. I didn’t see it so I don’t know for sure, but once the play had been run the previous play isn’t reviewable. The ONLY thing I can think is that the replay booth buzzed down before the next play was run, but the guys on the field were late getting it stopped.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

10. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Spiker, is being an official even fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It is, but I will admit that being yelled at for three hours gets a little old. I have a pretty thick skin so it’s ok.

I will also say it’s much more difficult than I ever thought it would be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I filled in a pick up game once in high school. It sucks. You are everyone's enemy. lol

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

I filled in a pick up game once in high school. It sucks. You are everyone's enemy. lol
    This is why we have a shortage of officials across the country.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived spikerman For This Post:

When I covered college sports I told one of the refs after the game that I thought his technical foul call on a coach was warranted.

He looked at me like I was Jesus. I made the comment in passing because that division didn't allow refs to ever communicate with writers, so it wasn't said in an 'official capacity'.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

This is why we have a shortage of officials across the country.
    It is an incredibly thankless job. Its a tough thing to do.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

I also saw a ref give a technical to a player on the wrong team and then give a technical to the coach who complained (mildly) before realizing the **** up.

I also saw a ref give a technical to a player on the wrong team and then give a technical to the coach who complained (mildly) before realizing the **** up.
    Yeah... there are plenty of screwups to go around. People forget that these guys are human. The players and coaches make multiple mistakes per game as well, but they’re often overlooked. I don’t mean fumbles, etc, I mean bad play calls, bad strategy, running wrong routes, etc. Mistakes by everybody should be expected, but I do totally understand the aggravation.

23. The Following User High Fived spikerman For This Post:

Yeah... there are plenty of screwups to go around. People forget that these guys are human. The players and coaches make multiple mistakes per game as well, but they’re often overlooked. I don’t mean fumbles, etc, I mean bad play calls, bad strategy, running wrong routes, etc. Mistakes by everybody should be expected, but I do totally understand the aggravation.
    The funniest ref I ever saw was one where a player sprained his ankle and he was on the otherside of the court from the coach. The coach kept asking if he could go see his player, who was getting helped up. The ref didn't hear him because he was determining if an ejection needed to happen and finally he turned away and said "Hey. The Kid's not dead. Stop talking."

I was dying.

25. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information