Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway’s Future in Denver?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Default John Elway’s Future in Denver?

I think I am going to be in violation of the Denver Broncos 11th Commandment (Special thanks to Ronald Reagan), Thou Shalt never speak ill of a Denver Bronco, but I want to know what his plans are for the franchise. How does he intend to restore the respectability of this team? I am very disappointed that Chad Kelly didn’t work out but that was not on Elway in fact, he is to be commended for giving Kelly a chance that no other franchise was willing to give him.

In terms of Vance Joseph, Elway could have fired him but also gave him another chance. We passed up on QB this past draft and apparently overpaid Keenum. Players come and go and that is part of the business but there needs to be some continuity at some level. The QB marathon is getting old and the head coaching shuffle feels like it hasn’t stopped since Shanahan. Can Hogan be the future QB that the Broncos so desperately need? The defense may not be as strong as it once was but at times it has its moments.

John Elway led this team to two super bowl victories as a player and he is a true Broncos legend and so letting him go should not be taken lightly but is his ego interfering in his judgment or the ability to be the executive who has the best short term and long term interests of the Denver Broncos in mind? At times he is brilliant. Acquiring Peyton Manning was an excellent short term fix and added two more SB appaearances and one win and he deserves credit for that. Right now it feels like we are on a ship sailing and the captain of the ship has no idea which direction we are going or who will remain on the crew. The waves and a bumpy ride are a part of this and many people while not finding this pleasant will accept it if we appear to get back on course but right now it feels as we are just drifting. No we are not at the top of the NFL anymore but neither are we at the total botttom either. John Elway is being condemned by the incredibly high expectations that he instilled in Denver both as a player and an executive. Nobody can truly expect perfection but we want to know that even if the ship gets lost for a while we will get back on course.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Colorado4Life For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Meh, John has bought himself enough currency with 2 SB appearances and a championship. If the team continues to plummet for the next 3 years than i can see a change being made but he does have a grace period to get it right. IMO

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

OK, everyone! Let's all overreact and jump off a cliff! We're doomed! Forever!

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Northman, I grew up with him as a player. What is the plan? I don’t want him to fail I want him to succeed. I live in Indianapolis and remember the Suck For Luck slogans. What will or can he do to fix the franchise? If we don’t have a QB option in the draft do we stick with Keenum go to Hogan or what? It’s the uncertainty that is terrible. I hope Keenum will pull it together like last week for the remainder of the season but that is yet to be seen for now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

John is going to restore integrity by drawing a line in the sand that is arbitrarily adhered to! Conduct MATTERS (unless you are like, really good, or we have depth issues). The punishment WILL fit the crime (if enforced)! And a statement will be made that the Broncos reputation WILL NOT be sullied (probably... anymore... hopefully).

Also, Kelly was a longshot. Hogan is like a powerball hopeful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    OK, everyone! Let's all overreact and jump off a cliff! We're doomed! Forever!
    Joe my friend, you should know me better then that, this is not a chicken little moment but rather a true inquiry. Where do we go from here? I don’t want this to be a franchise that says those are my players, I must see where they go because I am their leader. I want a disciplined franchise. Making mistakes in the draft can happen to any franchise. I don’t want to replace the legend I want him to come up with a plan that will get us going in the right direction again. I hate mid season firings but if Elway knows he is going to Fire Vance Joseph maybe he needs to do it sooner then later. Sutton is going to be a Star and as many have said I think that Chubb made sense during the last draft. We need QB play that can keep us in the close games. I hope Keenum finds it in himself to reproduce last season somehow for the remainder of the year. Because it isn’t over yet and maybe this will be a catalyst that helps change the entire franchise like the 45-10 victory over hapless Arizona.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I give him one more young QB before I start going that far. If we draft another guy and he's a bust that sets us back a few more years, then you start strongly considering looking at his job.

12. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

To be honest, whatever plan John has in mind is Broncos intellectual property and you have as much chance of learning what that is as a snowball in hell. The only thing us fans can do is deal with what IS. What will be will be revealed when it happens and all that is left to us fans is speculation and discussion.
    Last edited by The Glue Factory; 10-24-2018 at 02:22 PM.

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived The Glue Factory For This Post:

He's going to get his Herbert so it's okay!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

The Glue Factory, I concur but at some point we need to be persuaded that we are back on course. Fans need to return to the stadium to support the franchise even as it struggles. We want to see the sunny side even if it takes a while to get there.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado4Life View Post
    The Glue Factory, I concur but at some point we need to be persuaded that we are back on course. Fans need to return to the stadium to support the franchise even as it struggles. We want to see the sunny side even if it takes a while to get there.
    So what you really want is some kind of statement from Elway that things aren't as bad as they seem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He's going to get his Herbert so it's okay!
    Suck for the Duck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Suck for the Duck!
    Cougs made the Ducks suck. Is that close enough?

20. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

All i know is almost 10 years ago the Broncos were in their current state when they brought Elway in. Team is starting to become a joke again.

Minus PFM his record is below .500 right now.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

22. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    All i know is almost 10 years ago the Broncos were in their current state when they brought Elway in. Team is starting to become a joke again.

Minus PFM his record is below .500 right now.
    Same is true minus Elway.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information