Poll: How do you feel about baseball?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baseball is boring

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Default Baseball is boring

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45463_548442588529717_455925493_n.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	13213

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I liked you better with an avy!

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45463_548442588529717_455925493_n.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	76.5 KB 
ID:	13213
    Baseball myth #1: Baseballs a thinking man's game. What does baseball, golf & bowling all have in common, they're 1st & foremost about executing the basic fundamentals. Although there are some basic strategies involved, but none of them give a significant advantage to a smarter individual over someone of average intelligence.

The scouting report says the batter more often hits the ball to the left, so you shift the infield to the left. All of the other team that the batter goes up against is going to read the exact same scouting report & do the exact same shift. How can you say 1 manager is smarter then the other when there's 0 difference in their strategies?

Then there are the managers who will burn a pitcher getting a single guy out, then replace him with someone who sometimes will get shelled. I've seen this happen to the D-Backs far more often then the defenders of this being too smart for your own good strategy will admit, while losing to teams with managers who aren't trying to be all that smart at all. They send their starting pitcher out there until they reach a certain pitch count, unless they need to get pulled sooner because they're having a bad game. They bring in a middle reliever to bridge the gap between the starter & closer if necessary, then the closer in the 9th inning if all goes according to plan. If the D-Backs had managers that used that simple of a strategy, they'd probably win more games.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

7. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You’re boring.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You’re boring.
    I'm analytical & baseball provides me with too little to analyze.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

11. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    This is an asinine thing to say. You need to quit posting, it's embarrassing.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    This is an asinine thing to say. You need to quit posting, it's embarrassing.
    When the game commentators can predict with well over 90% accuracy as to the next move a managers going to do, then I can't be that complicated sport to analyze.

When the game commentators can predict with well over 90% accuracy as to the next move a managers going to do, then I can't be that complicated sport to analyze.
    They're experts and they're also going off of trends. You can often see that in other sports. Further, as evidenced in the playoffs, a lot of the analysis isn't just "they will do this," but how it impacts later moves in the series. Truth be told there has been a long tradition of treating baseball like it's the only intellectual sport. I've long since disagreed with that - but it is not dispositive of baseball's standing in that genre just because other sports have claims to stake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

You're clearly not that analytical then.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    They're experts and they're also going off of trends. You can often see that in other sports. Further, as evidenced in the playoffs, a lot of the analysis isn't just "they will do this," but how it impacts later moves in the series. Truth be told there has been a long tradition of treating baseball like it's the only intellectual sport. I've long since disagreed with that - but it is not dispositive of baseball's standing in that genre just because other sports have claims to stake.
    Yes, as far as what is going to happen over a 7 game series 9 days, their are definitely some judgement calls that a manager has to make, especially when it comes to how to set up his starting pitching rotation. Nevertheless, there's a difference between experts understanding trends & a sport that's so inherently restrictive in what you are allowed by the rules to do that it doesn't allow for any genuine innovation.

The Brewers manager just was heralded for innovation regarding bullpen and starting amalgamations...
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

The Brewers manager just was heralded for innovation regarding bullpen and starting amalgamations...
    Are opposing managers going to struggle to figure out how to combat other manager utilizing this "innovation" the same way DCs had to figure out how to deal with the read option?

Are opposing managers going to struggle to figure out how to combat other manager utilizing this "innovation" the same way DCs had to figure out how to deal with the read option?
    Well, the options in many years has been bad or great, depending on that team. The Brewers manager essentially blurred the lines of bullpen and starter and manipulated the time he submitted his pitching rotation in such a way that it (legally) twisted up the Dodgers pretty bad and forced an error of a bad lineup for about two batting orders.

Yes, baseball being a brilliant person's game is usually overstated, but it's not without merits.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Well, the options in many years has been bad or great, depending on that team. The Brewers manager essentially blurred the lines of bullpen and starter and manipulated the time he submitted his pitching rotation in such a way that it (legally) twisted up the Dodgers pretty bad and forced an error of a bad lineup for about two batting orders.

Yes, baseball being a brilliant person's game is usually overstated, but it's not without merits.
    Is this anything like the NFL requiring teams to submit injury reports that provide their opponents with important intel that greatly effects their game planning. They can claim all they want that they abhor the corrupting effect that gaming can have on the game, but then requires teams to reveal things that caters to gamblers. Requiring managers to submit their pitching rotation in advance sounds like the same thing to me.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information