Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos listening to trade offers for star WR Demaryius Thomas

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    ‏Verified account @MikeKlis
    2h2 hours ago

Seems to me trading away Demaryius Thomas is not good timing with MCL sprain to No. 4 WR DaeSean Hamilton. With Browns, 49ers, Raiders left on schedule, 3-4 Broncos not done. #9sports

Mike Klis
    2h2 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Kevin Seifert

Funny you bring this up. Talked to DT about it today. After 3 drops in first 2 games, DT has not had a drop in last 5 games Said he: "I'm trying not to run without the ball. The three drops I had in the beginning of the season I was trying to run without the ball.'' #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Or we could just have an incompetent coaching staff.
    Basically this...this is the same coaching staff that never played Deangelo Henderson till the end of the year, then once they finally did he went ham...Instead of building on that, they put him on the PS and let him get snatched...

Just because a player isn't getting snaps isn't an indication of much...

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

No drops in five games? My god, it must mean that just because a pass is in the vicinity of a WR doesn't mean it's a drop! Almost as if a QB's throw and accuracy is factored into the equation!

I ride with DT, dammit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    2h2 hours ago

Seems to me trading away Demaryius Thomas is not good timing with MCL sprain to No. 4 WR DaeSean Hamilton. With Browns, 49ers, Raiders left on schedule, 3-4 Broncos not done. #9sports

Mike Klis
    2h2 hours ago

Mike Klis Retweeted Kevin Seifert

Funny you bring this up. Talked to DT about it today. After 3 drops in first 2 games, DT has not had a drop in last 5 games Said he: "I'm trying not to run without the ball. The three drops I had in the beginning of the season I was trying to run without the ball.'' #9sports
    What isn't mentioned there is that Jordan Taylor will be eligible to return from IR soon...

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    North set his phone font to "girly".
    Bahahaha!!!

The bottom of the screen is cut off where it says “pumpkin spice Monday”.

7. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Um, we are not in anyway trading DT to make room for Sunshine. Nope

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Um, we are not in anyway trading DT to make room for Sunshine. Nope
    Didn't say that. I'm just saying that if we do trade DT, sunshine will be here for depth.

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    North set his phone font to "girly".
    Looks like some sort of Disney Princess font.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Well, he's not going to get ready on the bench and DT isn't doing much. He's averaging about 53 yards per game right now (372 yards) Sutton isn't far behind him statistically sitting at 246 yards despite limited playing time due to being behind DT on the depth chart.

Not only that, but we've got the potential of getting Jordan Taylor back off IR soon, he's back at practice and healthy and we have one more return from IR designation available. Worst case, he can step up into #2 once DT's gone.
    OMG not the Jordan Tailor!?!? Ol’ sunshine himself.
    Best known for 4-6 catches a year and one time Manning rehab buddy!! Yeah he can jump right up and fill the void left by DT from his previous place of being the last WR to make the team every year. Very comparible.

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Best known for 4-6 catches a year and one time Manning rehab buddy!! Yeah he can jump right up and fill the void left by DT from his previous place of being the last WR to make the team every year. Very comparible.
    Sutton's gonna fill the void, but with Taylor coming back we have a competent vet behind him for depth.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Dude, we don't want him as a receiver. He's our QB3 (soon to be 1).
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

14. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Let's ditch ES, too.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Let's ditch ES, too.
    No, ES actually still has gas in the tank and can work with the crap we have at QB.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No, ES actually still has gas in the tank and can work with the crap we have at QB.
    ES will be a drain on a young QB. I don't want to pair a young WR with a guy who bitches about the team doing rebuilds (malcontent) who gets stupid penalties that hurt the team, and who has had a reputation of being a douche.

ES is a nice player when things are going right. But he's not a leader or a mentor. That's not in his wheelhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    That is exactly how the veterans on the team will view this. Every single SB 50 veteran will simply say "Wow! So Elway is dismantling the team less than 1/2 into a season where we have a good chance of making the playoffs! I'm calling my agent!"

They wouldn't win another game all year if he does this. It will just rip the heart out of the team.

They might as well fire Vance Joseph, and put in Kelly and watch the team fall apart if that's the plan. (VJ sucks as coach, but any interim head coach won't be any better - they will need to replace him at seasons' end but in the middle of the year? What's the point of that? Nothing good will come of it now).

And the downside risk is: do they even out-tank the Tanking teams like the Raiders and Cardinals which have 1 win and won't likely get more than 1 more all year?

Probably not. The Broncos might lose every single remaining game and still not get better than about the 5th pick of the draft. So, if Elway is thinking that he's going to have that #1 overall pick and select his future franchise QB, well good luck!

Because Oakland is going to take him ahead of you! That is exactly why Gruden got rid of Kalil Mack right before the season, just to make sure the veterans on his team got the message "you're not wanted! We don't want to win now at all! We want to win with a brand new QB not named Derek Carr in 2021."
    Last edited by Cugel; 10-22-2018 at 06:11 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information