Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Report: Broncos Players Coveted at Trade Deadline

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I'm convinced he is gone in the offseason when Baltimore inevitably misses the playoffs. He excelled under Kubiak, and has a history of beating us. I think if this team is going to have an immediate resurgence, Flacco would be the one realistic guy the Broncos could get to make that happen.
    Agreed. I will allow this.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

It’s so sad that we have to look at trading away talent because we have a shit QB and a shit coach. ES and DT have wasted their primes for 3 years playing with the shittiest QBs in the league. They’d be killing it along with Sutton with even average QB play especially with the running game we have. What a complete waste. Keenum should give the money he stole from this franchise back, take 2 weeks off, then quit. Loser.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    It’s so sad that we have to look at trading away talent because we have a shit QB and a shit coach. ES and DT have wasted their primes for 3 years playing with the shittiest QBs in the league. They’d be killing it along with Sutton with even average QB play especially with the running game we have. What a complete waste. Keenum should give the money he stole from this franchise back, take 2 weeks off, then quit. Loser.
    Oh, please. . . .

Keenum is exactly what he was last year. Give him a great offense with playmakers around him, and most importantly an OL that can block for him and he's decent. Give him the Broncos OL and no TE and he sucks, throws picks, and generally feels the pressure even when it's not there yet. He has to get the ball out of his hands in less than 2 seconds or start running, or he's flat on his back.

He's not an elite QB and nobody ever pretended he was. They thought their OL would be better, that Jake Butt would be healthy this year and provide an impact TE in the red zone, and that the defense would be basically what it was last year.

None of that happened. The defense has been very shaky, especially in the secondary after losing Talib. The DL has been rock bottom, giving up 200 yards to RB on successive weeks for the first time in NFL history. Outside of beating up on Alcorn State, Phoenix branch 2 weeks ago, the defense has been shockingly bad much of the year.

The offense is great at running the ball -- in a league where they have broken all the passing records because you can no longer touch the QB at all. The have the WRs even without DT to be an elite passing team - IF they had an elite passer, and a decent OL to pass block for him. Obviously they have neither of these things.

You guys can criticize the decision to hire Keenum if you want. But, there were hardly better alternatives. It's a 2 or 3 year rebuilding time anyway, since Elway screwed up the draft for 4 years in a row prior to 2018 - drafting guys like Sylvester Williams, Paxton Lynch and Garrett Bolles in the first round. And guys like Demarcus Walker, Cody Latimer, Montee Ball and Ty Sambrailo in the 2nd round. That's a boatload of wasted first and second round picks the last 4 years.

The majority of those picks SHOULD be the heart of your SB contending team right now -- IF Elway hadn't totally screwed up every one of them.

So, the team is sadly depleted of talent and not competitive, which is not a surprise if you simply review the Broncos recent draft history.

Well this year they turned it around by drafting Chubb, Sutton, Freeman, Josey Jewell and Daesean Hamilton, and Lindsay as an undrafted FA. But, it's going to take a couple more such drafts and finding a franchise QB in the 1st round next year for them to really get back to contending for a Sb. And it doesn't matter much whether they got their QB this year or next. They need virtually everything.
    Last edited by Cugel; 11-01-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

So it’s the Broncos fault Case Keenum is Case Keenum?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    So it’s the Broncos fault Case Keenum is Case Keenum?
    Certainly! Absolutely! "You knew I was mediocre when you signed me!" --- Case Keenum.

Did you think he would come here and suddenly turn into Tom Brady?

The only thing different between Case Keenum this year and last is that last year he had a GOOD team around him and THIS year he has a CRAPPY team around him. And that makes all the difference.

He's not making them any worse than they are! HOw many holding penalties does Keenum have, BTW? None? "I am shocked! Shocked I tell you!"

And the middle of the field. Who to throw to there? Oh, I have an idea! Let us throw in the middle of the field to a big tall beefy scary fast athletic dude with soft hands who can bounce off defenders and still stay on his route and catch the ball in traffic because he's bigger and stronger than the defenders.

I know! We'll call it a Tight End! Let's throw to him! Oh, wait we don't have one of those dudes! We don't have Kyle Rudolph, we have a stiff named Jeff Heurmann who never frightened anybody and who is an UFA at the end of the season.

The Broncos have not bothered to extend his contract because they have no intention of keeping him around next year. Why bother?

But, with the "Pancake Offensive Line" - because they are often flat on their backs like baby ducks, no Keenum is not any good.

He wouldn't be great with any OL, he would be mediocre to decent as he was last season, but with Denver's he's positively awful.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Wait? You’re the one that was pimping Keenum as the savior? Cugel?

“Nobody knows Keenum better than Kubiak and Broncos”— Cugel
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

9. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information