Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Pat Bowlen's daughter Brittany wants to run Broncos one day

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Bowlen kinda might be ******* tbis up leaving it in the family.

2. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    Isn't part of the issue Kaiser's right of first refusal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Isn't part of the issue Kaiser's right of first refusal?
    I thought that was put to bed.

When weaver sold the jags to khan it was so clean and nice.

5. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike McGlinchey

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So...remind me again. Why not Beth?
    Beth could do the job. I disageee with the trustees that she is not qualified but nevertheless I want Brittany 100%. Yeah the politics of blended families are messy there is no question. Naturally, I should be more inclined to support Beth but from watching the high energy level of Brittany with the Down syndrome group and other activities her passion is clear. Beth is married and has other commitments in her life while Brittany will devote everything to the team. She will be like a nun devoted to the Broncos in so much that I don’t think there will be the distractions that several of her siblings seem to be exhibiting.
    Colorado Championship Tracker

Colorado Avalanche 3 Stanley Cups
    Colorado Rockies 0 World Series Champions
    Denver Broncos 3 Super Bowl victories
    Denver Nuggets 1 NBA Championship

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Brittany Bowlen to rejoin Broncos “within the year,” CEO/president Joe Ellis says

PHOENIX – Broncos CEO/president Joe Ellis said Monday that Brittany Bowlen, one of owner Pat Bowlen’s seven children, is poised to re-join the organization, “by the end of the year or within the year.”

Last October, Bowlen, 29, expressed her intention to succeed her father as the Broncos’ controlling owner. She is currently based in Denver working at the consulting firm McKinsey & Co., and previously worked for the Broncos for one year.

Ellis said Bowlen would serve in a “senior management position,” a major development in creating clarity for the future leadership of the team. It is not a stretch to presume Bowlen’s return to the Broncos would set in motion a transition that ends with Ellis handing off day-to-day responsibilities. Ellis said he’s not sure exactly when Bowlen will rejoin the team.

“It could be December, it could be January, it could maybe be earlier if I had my way,” Ellis said during an interview at the NFL’s Annual Meeting here. “There are several strategic initiatives where she can be very helpful to the organization. She has the right skill set.
    rest - https://www.denverpost.com/2019/03/2...cos-joe-ellis/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

It is not a stretch to presume Bowlen’s return to the Broncos would set in motion a transition that ends with Ellis handing off day-to-day responsibilities.
    They want to get her in there as quickly as they can because of the lawsuit and the potential lawsuit by Beth Bowlen. She hasn't sued yet, but let Bill Bowlen handle the legal action. But, that doesn't mean she can't sue!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    They want to get her in there as quickly as they can because of the lawsuit and the potential lawsuit by Beth Bowlen. She hasn't sued yet, but let Bill Bowlen handle the legal action. But, that doesn't mean she can't sue!
    I was thinking the opposite. I think the lawsuit from Bill was probably related to Bill/Beth becoming aware that Brittany's coronation was officially in the works.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

This is a shitshow.

Bowlen should have sold the team to a experienced business person.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Roger Goodell appoints Carmen Policy to arbitrate Broncos' ownership dispute

PHOENIX – As Bill Bowlen continues his lawsuit against the three trustees in charge of his brother Pat Bowlen’s trust in an Arapahoe County court, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said here Tuesday the league will, and has been, arbitrating the Broncos’ ownership dispute.

“We have started the arbitration process,’’ Goodell said in his press conference that concluded the three-day NFL owners meetings here at the Arizona Biltmore Hotel. “Carmen Policy, I’ve selected him to oversee that. We actually have been at it for 30 or 35 days.’’

Policy, 76, is a former 49ers and Browns’ executive, who back in 1994 worked with Pat Bowlen on a committee to negotiate on behalf of the NFL for the Oakland Raiders to play in proposed Hollywood Park in Los Angeles.
    rest - https://www.9news.com/article/sports...f-b229d1cb4745

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Carol what’s your take on the ownership thing?

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I like how this thread is equal parts analysis on the broncos trust situation and controlling ownership and "would you hit that".
    Yep.

This is a shitshow.

Bowlen should have sold the team to a experienced business person.
    Yes...and no. Shitshow for sure but the the majority of NFL owners have no experience in football. The breakdown is this: They inherited their wealth, earned it in outside industries, or were born into it (children of NFL owners/ founders). Except the Packers! They are a publicly traded non-profit, that has been extremely successful but the model has since been banned by the NFL. Funny, that. Success always means capitalism, right? Unless it doesn't. Well, we better make sure that doesn't happen again.

All of the folks that earned or inherited their money outside of football can thank manufacturing for their success. No exceptions. Only one of those has proved success and that's because he hired Beledick. So, business experience is does not necessarily relate to the NFL, at least as it matters most....wins. Outside of New England, which means the outlier isn't the mean and business experience is almost worthless in an industry that is an established winner with no competition.

I say let the family own it. Dirty manipulation of a man with alzheimers is definitely qualification for ownership, so why not family? I can't speak for the guy with alzheimers
    but my guess is he wanted family to own it. And history shows, manufacturing acumen is not a precursor to success in the NFL (outside of the Pats). At least family owned businesses give us something to connect to, win or lose. Regardless, the Trust HAS to be over! Some guy and 2 lawyers are in no way more qualified than even you or I to run the team. K, Ellis has been with the team for a while and why not let him be President...but there needs to be the counter of an actual owner. And why not family? At least they have serious skin in the game, especially after going through this shitshow to get what Pat wants them to have, IMO?

So far, the trust has gotten lucky AF by getting Manning. Otherwise, no go on success. Per my other reply (and simple observation), success in the manufacturing sector, or inheriting manufacturing money, is no guarantee of NFL success. So why not have someone with skin in the game (literally) keep things in check? Can't hurt anymore than what we've dealt with the last 3 years. I personally want Elway to be checked. I still believe he is on the right track but there are huuuuge questions, including the most important (QB)...but he needs to be checked and have his job in jeopardy. NFL stands for what, again (Not For Long)? Why does this only apply to the players/ coaches and not the GMs that hire them?

Again, please research NFL ownership. They are all guys or rarely girls that bought a pet/ vanity project or inherited a team. All that did not inherit an NFL team, were manufacturing babies. No guarantee that any outside influence will have any clue how to own an NFL team but a Bowlen woman that has fought tooth and nail to hopefully gain control? No guarantee but again, I'll take the person with skin in the game over some Schmoe that inherited toilet paper company.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Speaking of Carmen Policy, I wonder if DeBartolo wants to get back into ownership.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information