Poll: Would Broncos fans rather have Rosen or Allen over Chubb right now?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Would Broncos fans rather have Rosen or Allen over Chubb right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    For me its not about whether or not you can win a SB without a Franchise/HOF QB, its been done a few times in history. But the reality is especially in the last 30 or so years that for teams that make it regularly to the SB it has involved the team having a franchise/HOF caliber QB on the squad. Its not speculation, its not an opinion, its fact. Even for a guy like Eli who many feel isnt quite a HOF QB he is the Giants franchise QB, he is not a flash in a pan kind of guy like Foles, Dilfer, or Johnson.
    That's true. It's just that it is impossible to predict which QB in the draft is going to have a Hall of Fame career. Sometimes people predict that and are basically right (Luck - if the Colts had a decent OL to protect him).

But more often even the top 2 picks are good QBs, but not Hall of Fame worthy (Jared Goff and Carson Wentz so far, along with Pat Mahomes (#10), DeShaun Watson (#12), and other young QBs who have yet to prove themselves in the playoffs).

But, lots of times the QBs taken in the top 5 are flat disappointments - (Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Blake Bortles, RGIII, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez).

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    That's true. It's just that it is impossible to predict which QB in the draft is going to have a Hall of Fame career. Sometimes people predict that and are basically right (Luck - if the Colts had a decent OL to protect him).

But more often even the top 2 picks are good QBs, but not Hall of Fame worthy (Jared Goff and Carson Wentz so far, along with Pat Mahomes (#10), DeShaun Watson (#12), and other young QBs who have yet to prove themselves in the playoffs).

But, lots of times the QBs taken in the top 5 are flat disappointments - (Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Blake Bortles, RGIII, Jake Locker, Mark Sanchez).
    Dont forget...

Paxton Lynch
    Poopy pants cutler
    Tebow
    Gabbert
    Weeden
    Bradford
    Jawalrus ruffles
    Vince Young

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Tebow beat the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Might be too early to declare that we are not making the playoffs.
    I wish it werent so, but it is.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

The polling options don't match the question.
    It's rigged, I tell you.

6. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

I would literally take all those disappointments over what the Broncos have rolled out there since PFM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoknight30 View Post
    Dont forget...

Paxton Lynch
    Poopy pants cutler
    Tebow
    Gabbert
    Weeden
    Bradford
    Jawalrus ruffles
    Vince Young
    Vince Young #1 and JaWalrus Russell were top five picks, but the rest were not. Cutler was #11 for instance.

And then there are the QBs whom nobody predicted would be any good, but have won SBs (Russell Wilson, Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Nick Foles). So, it's very difficult to predict QB success in the NFL.

And Elway didn't want to wait to develop another QB. Well, now he has no choice.

Realizing this he's waved the White Flag by shopping Demaryius Thomas and possibly other players we don't know about.

They should be shopping anybody who won't be here next year but who has a year left on their contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I would literally take all those disappointments over what the Broncos have rolled out there since PFM.
    You wouldn't take them if "taking them" meant wasting a top 5 pick of the draft on one of them! You would "take them" if that simply meant picking one up in FA rather than paying $18m to Keenum, sure.

But, nobody could get any of those stiffs like Mariota and Winston, Gabbert or Sanchez without wasting a high first round draft pick on one of them.

Drafting one of the stiffs normally costs a GM and head coach their jobs. That's the price for picking and failing.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Might be too early to declare that we are not making the playoffs.
    Elway has decided that or they wouldn't be shopping D.T. You don't see the Chefs shopping players who won't be on their 2019 roster 7 weeks into the season. They need EVERYBODY on their roster to compete for a championship!

Denver doesn't. Elway has concluded that their season is toast and is pulling the plug right now. This sends a clear message to the locker-room "you can try and rally the team and win more games, but we'd really rather you tanked so I can get a top 5 draft pick for 2019, and we're getting rid of you regardless of how you perform this season. If you're a veteran making decent money on this roster you're likely gone in 2019."

And you can bet that trading DT will go over about as well in the locker-room as trading TJ Ward right before last season did. And we all know what an amazing season the Broncos had in 2017!

Didn't we cut Ward?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Yes

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Didn't we cut Ward?

Si.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

We’re multilingual up in this piece!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Were multilingual up in this piece!
    Horale!
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information