Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Broncos Players Coveted at Trade Deadline

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Default Report: Broncos Players Coveted at Trade Deadline

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/b...rebuild-looms/
    The Broncos staved off immediate staff changes by pounding the Cardinals in Arizona on Thursday night, but the club remains at a difficult crossroads with a potential rebuild ahead, and other NFL teams have begun reaching out about acquiring some of their veteran talent.
    there were strong rumblings of the Broncos trading a veteran receiver like Emmanuel Sanders, 31, or Demaryius Thomas, 30, and league sources said several teams have interest in Sanders
    Teams have also been exploring the availability of Denver's corners,
    The trade deadline is October 30. There is a high likelihood that Elway ships off at least one $5+ million salary veteran ahead of the trade deadline, and Emmanuel and DT make the most sense.

Another report from Adam Schefter this morning claims the Broncos are listening to offers for DT, but telling teams "no" when it comes to Sanders.
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...maryius-thomas
    A handful of teams have reached out to Denver to see if the Broncos would be willing to part ways with the five-time Pro-Bowler, who was a first-round pick in 2010, and Denver has not rebuffed those advances to date, according to sources.
    Denver has not been interested in listening to teams who have called about Sanders.
    We'll see what happens, but I think somebody does get moved.

2. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Good thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

DT trade talks heat up allegedly from Schefter

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25041161/denver-broncos-listening-trade-offers-star-wr-demaryius-thomas
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    DT trade talks heat up allegedly from Schefter

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...maryius-thomas
    That’s the same article the OP quoted..

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Yes, but this time, it's personal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I want to be sympathetic, but one should not have sympathy for inauthentic sorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its like Save the Rainforest. People aren't saying, 'F**ck those other forests', its just that this particular forest is in worse shape right now.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018/...equests-trade/

According to ESPN’s Adam Schefter, Peterson has requested a trade from the Cardinals, just a week after saying publicly he was committed to the team.
    Make this freaking happen Elway. DT for Peterson. I'm sure we'll have to throw in several picks to sweeten things, but make this deal done. This would be like the Champ for Portis swap all over again and will have a massive impact on the quality of our defense.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2018/...equests-trade/

Make this freaking happen Elway. DT for Peterson. I'm sure we'll have to throw in several picks to sweeten things, but make this deal done. This would be like the Champ for Portis swap all over again and will have a massive impact on the quality of our defense.
    Pipe dream

11. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Pipe dream
    I don't think it is. If he's discontent and wants out, they need more targets for their struggling young QB. DT's still got some years left in him and if he would be willing to restructure for the Cards, he could be very helpful to Rosen's growth.

13. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Wonder if we could package Roby and DT together for Peterson. Then they'd be gaining a WR and would still have some depth at WR. We'd kill two birds with one stone that way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Patrick Peterson, according to Schefter has officially asked to be traded. DT for Peterson would make perfect sense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Wonder if we could package Roby and DT together for Peterson. Then they'd be gaining a WR and would still have some depth at WR. We'd kill two birds with one stone that way.
    Roby is not bad in the slot or nickel zone guy. He is NOT and never was an effective island corner. I think he has value.

17. The Following User High Fived Broncoknight30 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Pipe dream
    may as well pipe dream big, right?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    may as well pipe dream big, right?
    I guess...but if I put my Cardinals GM hat on, why do I want to trade for another aging WR with a big price tag...or a CB going into FA this year when I have nothing to play for? At that point I'm asking for top draft picks or young talent for my top 5 corner.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rubin Carter

I guess...but if I put my Cardinals GM hat on, why do I want to trade for another aging WR with a big price tag...or a CB going into FA this year when I have nothing to play for? At that point I'm asking for top draft picks or young talent for my top 5 corner.
    That is true. However, if Peterson is wanting to be traded, would you give up the 2019 first rounder for him?

Peterson turns 29 next year.

Pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information